Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:20:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherWallet hack  (Read 501 times)
Mavilcposeti

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:02:03 PM

If myetherwallet is hacked it is a very bad situation.I do not have any problems for now.My friends said they have no problem with their wallet.I hope there is no problem with your wallet
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 09:52:18 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2018, 03:06:33 AM by AlisaWhishie

What the hell is going on? Too often they cracked MEW. I'm starting to worry about my tokens.

Too often? Honestly, it is the first time when I hear about some problems with myetherwallet. Of course, I don't take into account those situations when users just enter their key on a phishing website due to their own unattentivenes - it is by no means a MEW's ploblem.
Actually, current situation is also not a MEW's problem - though it isn't so obvious for most of us - it is a problem with DNS, as was explained above.

Yaunfitda

Activity: 2856
Merit: 593

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

It seems that someone has successfully hacked MyEtherWallet and has stolen some people’s tokens. Mine seem to be fine for now.

Has anyone lost any Etherium or tokens and does anyone know how the hack was perpetrated?

This is potentially a major security risk because we all know that keeping coins on an exchange is a high risk. Now using MyEtherWallet may also be risky.

It was related to MEW's DNS being highjacked. So if you used MEW during the time with that hacked DNS then you're screwed. Otherwise, you're fine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/8ek86t/warning_myetherwalletcom_highjacked_on_google/

Not again, if my memory servers me right, MEW was attacked using the same exploit months ago isn't it?

I just checked my MEW thru etherscan and my tokens are still intact, but I wouldn't login to my account yet before everything is safe. Hackers really target crypto now more than ever, so be safe everyone because it looks like they are really one step ahead of us. Just be careful on clicking websites that might be a phishing site, or get a hardware wallet if you are holding a lot of tokens worth thousands of even millions USD.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
lang shao

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:29:52 AM

It seems that someone has successfully hacked MyEtherWallet and has stolen some people’s tokens. Mine seem to be fine for now.

Has anyone lost any Etherium or tokens and does anyone know how the hack was perpetrated?

This is potentially a major security risk because we all know that keeping coins on an exchange is a high risk. Now using MyEtherWallet may also be risky.
Just be more careful when you want to open your wallet. always check the web address correctly and I recommend using metamask instead of private key when you want to see or send your token.
jakezyrus00

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:34:49 AM

It seems to me that the good security of myetherwallet and the goof reputation of this myetherwallet already been infiltrated by some hackers. Some news I heard today is that they already been hacked and all their holdings got stole.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:51:20 AM

Just be more careful when you want to open your wallet. always check the web address correctly and I recommend using metamask instead of private key when you want to see or send your token.
This case has already solved and i suggest you to not try to bump any old thread. Mycrypto has offline desktop wallet and it can be an alternative to the metamask because somwtimes it has a problem with the connection to be connected to the network.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
prukerohen

Activity: 104

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:40:46 AM

That is really bad. I wonder what sense of humanity has left some persons that they have to go about hacking people's account and stealing off their coins or tokens. Sorry about your loss. You should get your account protected, so this doesn't repeat itself again. Get a hardward wallet if need be, and be more careful what you allow on your browser.
ucb96

Activity: 214

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 10:50:07 AM

Fortunately not. Its very bad situation that everyone has to face on cryptocurrency. I think that the best solution is of course using it offline.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:14:03 AM

Nope, fortunately I successfully avoided stepping on a mine called hack/phish so far (the one that would result in lost funds), but once as a novice I got phished as a result of a Slack admin hack where perpetrator pasted a link to a scam MEW page, but I have identified my mistake a minute later and successfully transferred all of my funds to the new ETH address so no damage has been done.
xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:23:52 AM

MEW can t be hacked, your private keys has been stolen, how hacker did it you need to find out. Keep private keys on paper or a USB flash drive and always check the certificate of the payment system site.
Ruby_Official
Copper Member

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:37:47 AM

That's why people are looking for cold wallet. In Ruby-X users can select the rate of cold wallet use 70% to 100%!
You can get Ruby-X token, RBY as $0.28 which will be $0.5 when the official service launches. Check our official website thanks!

kritiana008

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:25:01 AM

Hacks are so usual thing now and it is not so happy because people lose so much money. As for me I like MEW and I have never had problems with it including hacks. I suppose that it depends on the person and his moves with money and private information as well.
crypthomonkey

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:26:07 AM

i am so sorry for this i hope that younwill cope with this awful sotuation as soon as possible such things should not happen
crypthomonkey

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:27:16 AM

Hacks are so usual thing now and it is not so happy because people lose so much money. As for me I like MEW and I have never had problems with it including hacks. I suppose that it depends on the person and his moves with money and private information as well.
of course peopel are not happy i think that we shiuld be careful when choosing a wallet though inhave nothing against myetherwallet
ungongbuotan

Activity: 290

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:32:27 AM

Personally I don't store my assets in any online wallets. I use hard wallets for my savings. I only use online wallets for trading and other stuffs. But throughout my usage of mew I haven't had any issues at all, no hacks or lost funds at all. That is wjy it is advisable to always buy a hard wallet if you plan to store your coins for a long time.
armack18

Activity: 129
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:39:02 AM

Hacks are so useful for people who work with this platform so close and MEW is a really good one for work with money with the safe way and reliable transactions.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:13:56 AM

I'm just being distracted about this news. my question is how could this happen? is that possible to hack the ERC20-wallet like MEW for me  its superb in terms of security protocol but in other side. I believe that this is not a Hacking but and ordinary incident of Phishing and its only a lapses of the users part and not on MEW.
Klintiv

Activity: 112

https://www.soar.earth/

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:16:39 AM

storage on wallets or on the stock exchange has a risk and if a hacker wants to hack your wallet, nothing will stop it. therefore, we ourselves should be insured and not go to different questionable sites.

jinnyjinny

Activity: 280
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:33:49 AM

Fortunately, I rarely use the private key to access the ETH wallet. and also I created about 10 different MEW wallets and place crypto assets among them. To access the exchange, I use the IDEX Keystore File and password, for some reason it seems to me that this is a more secure method, but I'm not sure. At least for 2 years I have never been hacked.

cryptolord2077

Activity: 1064
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:42:48 AM

The community needs to gather as much information as possible about hacking MEW. The more we know about the methods that hackers use the easier it will be for us to resist them.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: