May 11, 2024, 03:05:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe UABB is a...
Viable Service to Bitcoin (my belief)
Scam
Fraud
?, for I'm holding back judgement at this time.
or, I always vote for the humorous option, just because!
Self Important Fuckwit

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UABB is a...  (Read 16419 times)
Taxlow

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 06:49:39 AM

You seriously don't see why people don't take you seriously?

Seriously?

By the way, who are you working with to implement all this framework? What exactly is your business model? What type of software will you be using to streamline all of this? The automatic complaint/fraud system you've been touting, how does it work? Why should any business associate themselves with you? The thought is ridiculous.

What does your staff do? where are you getting the money to pay an executive staff? Why doesn't your school exist, furthermore why isn't there any proof of it existing? There is absolutely nothing about you to be found anywhere related to any business ventures. The facts just point to you being full of shit, which is probably why everyone is saying that. You aren't as clever as you think, it's not everyone else. it's you.

There are so many questions that you have been asked numerous times, but you sidestep them and give this over generalized answer to everything. Not a single fact has been presented.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 07:22:21 AM

BitMole. Hahaha
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 07:23:45 AM

i have an idea, lets ignore him and pretend he does not exist. why should we give him acknowledgement if all he does is go around bsing that he can be trusted, yet provides no proof that he can be.

Taxlow

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 07:48:42 AM

You can't stop from defending yourself, how many times have you said you're going to step away only to be lured back into a conversation now? Seems very anti-business to not have any sort of common sense to cut your loses and stop hemorrhaging idiocy.

Since you're still here, by all means link some of your school stuff, i can translate! Also where is this money coming from for any start up costs, and the supposed money you spent on your half hour investigation of the mybitcoin owner? Why are executives working for free? What are their backgrounds? What school did you attend? What is your experience with law enforcement you keep mentioning? Were you some sort of school owner/badass drug trafficking cop crossover?
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 07:54:00 AM

P.S. Does the SomethingAwful forum need any more laughter fuel, cause I can go all day Smiley

If they found you funny, someone would have bought you a SomethingAwful account by now.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Taxlow

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 07:55:59 AM

I've always enjoyed reading SA. It's been a source of comedy in my life since I was a kid. Keep up the good work guys.

So you registered in what, 2007ish?
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 09:45:14 AM

ctoon6: Just for clarification, unless someone felt that doing business with a particularly risky and choose the optional escrow services, there would be no handling of any consumer or merchant funds. The UABB simply provides standards for businesses to follow that would provide more accountability for merchants as well as reduce the potential for fraudulent transactions towards and even from consumers.
If I read your original proposal correctly, using your escrow service would've been optional for the customers but businesses would be required to accept payments through it from customers that want to use it. Is that correct?

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 01:55:14 PM

The amount of effort you take to defend yourself is bordering on insane...

There is like 5 threads bashing you...  you have 50 percent of the postings in each...

just sayin

It is insane and he needs help from a mental health provider.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
    Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
    Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
    Requires excessive admiration
    Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
    Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
    Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
    Is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her
    Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Sorry about this Matt. I think I'm the one who provided Bill the NPD info.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 02:00:49 PM

THis is my first visit to this thread...the poll response I would have wanted to click would have been:

"It sounds like a good idea but I am not convinced that the person proposing to start it is qualified to operate and manage such a thing or knows what he is really getting into."

And while it's all dandy that the 1 BTC artwork issue is resolved, I'm not quite sure that Mr. Wright would make a very skilled arbitrator based on how that all went.  That's part of what the BBB does.  (I assume this is modeled after BBB, particularly given the similarity in logo).  And the assertion that he can chase down MyBitcoin doesn't strike me as credible.

Great if I'm wrong though - I'd also be likely to take a chance on it as well, knowing that my identity is pretty much in the open and I'm not really out much if it flops.

"It sounds like a good idea but I am not convinced that the person proposing to start it is qualified to operate and manage such a thing or knows what he is really getting into."

I just tried to include this as an option, but the polling platform won't allow me to because it's longer than 140 characters just like a Twitter tweet.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 02:26:23 PM

I'm not quite sure that Mr. Wright would make a very skilled arbitrator
You took the words right out of my mouth.  Smiley

I'm a developer and an idea man. I'm also a businessman, but a particularly opinionated and verbose one. I do not think I best serve as the decision maker alone, which is why there are others to work with me. Also, the critics can relax-- I'm not the one sitting on the accounts judging who would be 'guilty' of fraud. That's not how it works anyway.

As for who actually does the reviews for accreditation, that will be released when we open the site with accreditations.

Correct me if I'm wrong ~~~ The two main issues with M.N.W. and UABB is his personality and the accreditation aspect. So, if someone else came along a few days ago (and was rather new to this forum) and boasted about this same exact website that he created (without the accreditation aspect), we would all be having daily circle jerks while holding holding each other's hands (not impossible when you think about it--that's why the MODs keep the trolls around--Masterb***** On Demand).

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 03:43:17 PM

I still think UABB should collect accreditation data from businesses free to the businesses, and charge only those who want to see it. Sure, consumers may not want to pay something like the BBB just to see if the company they are buying from is legit (though if price is low enough, I'm sure some will), but most transactions out there are business-to-business, and I'm sure businesses looking for new suppliers will gladly pay for a review from a ratings agency for a supplier if they want to make sure the business they are dealing with is legit, financially secure, and will deliver products on time.
kookiekrak

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 04:17:06 PM

Lulz. Pretty sure Matthew is a bigger troll than all of us. Look at him dominating that post count.

FREE 100 GME if you post your Cryptsy TradeKey on the official GameCoinTalk forums

http://www.gamecointalk.org/index.php?topic=7.msg9#new
tasarz

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 04:41:57 PM

Phinneas- the problem I have with Wright is that none- not a single one of his claims are verifiable.  He has a school that has literally no presence on the internet, with no alumni.  He claims that the semi-functioning webpage for his school is a 'personal backup.'

He claims to have 30 members of his organization, but none of them have said anything on any Bitcoin-related message board that I can see.  Perhaps they all want to remain anonymous?

He claims to be a member of a handful of different organizations (UABCI, something in Italy), that I have never heard about other than in his posts- have you?  Where do you think these mysterious organizations recruited, if not on a forum such as this?  None of these organizations have a website either.

Lastly: he's claiming that, based on the strength of a webpage and not much else, he's managed to convince people to abandon their countries and move to South Korea for no pay.  Are they supposed to magically receive work visas?  Do none of them have families, jobs, or commitments?  Off the strength of his comments on this forum, and his complete lack of a business plan, do you honestly think he could recruit people to move across the world and join him?

Sorry, but this just doesn't pass the smell test.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 05:03:48 PM

Phinneas- the problem I have with Wright is that none- not a single one of his claims are verifiable.  He has a school that has literally no presence on the internet, with no alumni.  He claims that the semi-functioning webpage for his school is a 'personal backup.'

He claims to have 30 members of his organization, but none of them have said anything on any Bitcoin-related message board that I can see.  Perhaps they all want to remain anonymous?

He claims to be a member of a handful of different organizations (UABCI, something in Italy), that I have never heard about other than in his posts- have you?  Where do you think these mysterious organizations recruited, if not on a forum such as this?  None of these organizations have a website either.

Lastly: he's claiming that, based on the strength of a webpage and not much else, he's managed to convince people to abandon their countries and move to South Korea for no pay.  Are they supposed to magically receive work visas?  Do none of them have families, jobs, or commitments?  Off the strength of his comments on this forum, and his complete lack of a business plan, do you honestly think he could recruit people to move across the world and join him?

Sorry, but this just doesn't pass the smell test.

You points are well taken, tasarz. I have been wrong before! BTW, does anyone know what ever happened to OJ?
BillX

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:12:21 PM

See the screenshot of a post this scammer/con artist "Matthew N Wright" made. He is asking for people to send him video cards for his other company after which he will pay them in BTC. Now, we all know from before he doesn't honor his commitments (1 little bitcoin wtf?!?!?) and tries to weasel out of it when pressed. Do you really think he's going to pay these people for their efforts or just pocket the money after he sells them on Ebay (or uses them for mining). This whole UABB bs of his is just to create the image of "What a great guy he is. He's got a couple of faults right but who doesnt. I think I can trust him.".

Classic manipulation. 

Classic scam.

Classic con artist.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 05:28:39 PM

OK! Here's where I stand. When I started this thread, I saw, in my mind's eye, a new Bitcoin related service being kicked around like there's no tomorrow. I didn't have all the facts, of which I have now been provided, thanks to the kind contributors of this thread (and elsewhere). Maybe, if something like https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34399.0 was available, I wouldn't have chimed in so quickly. I offer no apologies, and will not diss Matt over at UABB (for it's not my nature). But, I do want to thank you all, once again, for providing me relative information and, moreover, not dissing me, with the exception of this one SOB who I'm goin' to tear him new a**hole (only kidding).
Fakeman

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:54:03 PM

At this point I have not seen anything that suggests to me that this UABB thing is anything more than a pipe dream at this stage. The part I don't get is why people seem to care so much about discrediting this Wright guy by trying to find flaws in his purported life story. Why give him the attention he seems to crave? Likely as not the "project" will just fizzle out on its own. Even if people like the idea otherwise, Wright's public relations skills are so unprofessional it's not even funny.

16wEsax3GGvJmjiXCMQUWeHdgyDG5DXa2W
Xephan

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 07:01:33 PM

At this point I have not seen anything that suggests to me that this UABB thing is anything more than a pipe dream at this stage. The part I don't get is why people seem to care so much about discrediting this Wright guy by trying to find flaws in his purported life story. Why give him the attention he seems to crave? Likely as not the "project" will just fizzle out on its own. Even if people like the idea otherwise, Wright's public relations skills are so unprofessional it's not even funny.

If it was just a pipe dream, it might be OK.

But there are signs that he might be one of those MLM style con artist (title dropping, inflated credentials, verbose/flowery speech), better to make everybody aware than for him to gather a following and therefore influence to cause damage.

I mean there are lots of people who are trying to start things related to Bitcoin, there's got to be some reason why we aren't tearing into those Wink

But if Michael hankers down, do the real work and shows actual results instead of just talk, without trying to center power on himself or his organisation, I'll be man enough to post publicly and say I was mistaken about him and he's done a good thing.
Smalleyster

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 07:26:04 PM

... if Michael hankers down, do the real work and shows actual results instead of just talk, without trying to center power on himself or his organisation, I'll be man enough to post publicly and say I was mistaken about him and he's done a good thing.

I'll back those conditions too. But I wouldn't bet any money on it at this point in the game.

Feel like investing in a Miner?:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=30044.msg377773#msg377773
A soup to nuts newbee system for a secure, portable USB wallet (free instructions):
NoobHowTo: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27088.msg341387#msg341387
Xephan

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 07:33:42 PM

I'll back those conditions too. But I wouldn't bet any money on it at this point in the game.

Oh you cynic...

Same here Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: