May 10, 2024, 08:37:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe UABB is a...
Viable Service to Bitcoin (my belief)
Scam
Fraud
?, for I'm holding back judgement at this time.
or, I always vote for the humorous option, just because!
Self Important Fuckwit

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UABB is a...  (Read 16419 times)
Smalleyster

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 07:41:17 PM

I'll back those conditions too. But I wouldn't bet any money on it at this point in the game.

Oh you cynic...

Same here Cheesy

There ya go! Let's start BitCynicsR.Us, we'll make millions I tell ya! lol

Feel like investing in a Miner?:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=30044.msg377773#msg377773
A soup to nuts newbee system for a secure, portable USB wallet (free instructions):
NoobHowTo: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27088.msg341387#msg341387
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 08:36:04 PM

Each of us can only do his own research and in the end make up his own mind about Matt's efforts. Matt definitely is a boiling pot of boundless energy, optimism and seems to care about Bitcoin. My opinion is that he does have sincerity on some level and a grand unfocused vision in which "details" get in the way (or he's BAT SHIT CRAZY, I can't tell).

Sometimes those "details" are things like having money in the bank before promising it -- putting the cart before the horse. Sometimes those details are things like telling the entire community you WILL fly to West Indies to take care of the MyBitcoin issue, then pulling back to say you're offering to do so for donations, then sliding further back to say you won't do it at all. I don't think its nefarious but such details have a bad way of biting you in the ass. It's hard, and goodness knows I fail at this one enough, but think before you speak.

I'm sorta rooting for him to come through since it looks like he's in personal turmoil. We all have multiple parts to our personalities; we're not JUST a plumber but maybe we also create stained glass pieces at night; we're not JUST a lawyer but also participate in a Rugby league on weekends. But Matt's like a Freudian id geyser, spraying unfocused creativity all over the place; between U.S. and Korea, starting schools, running a 20,000+ GPU farm, joining police forces, living the YouTube rock star lifestyle (his YouTube account is found easily enough), herding Bitcoin cats via the UBB, being an artist, filmmaker, his YouTube / Facebook / Twitter accounts and whatever the other 900 projects are. Somehow he doesn't look more than 22. If he manages to channel all of this into one or 2 finished projects it could well be of benefit, and he does seem determined, though I think his plans could be too scattered to get to the finish line.

Time will tell. I see 2 paths ahead: he either learns to tone down the arrogance and channel the energy into some interesting finalized projects; or he continues to spiral off into insanity with 1000 projects that never come to fruition because the "unwashed masses" are so ignorant. This may just be a matter of him needing to grow up a little.

My advice to Matt is:
1) You're obviously intelligent and learning new things comes easier to you than it does to many others. You struggle with this gift because others mostly don't possess it -- and that just irritates the hell out of you. This gift is a double-edged sword. You squander it by looking down on those who don't have it. Ease off on your arrogance. You're smart but there is always someone in the world smarter and/or more talented than you. Until you do learn to temper your ego, look into finding a marketing person to be the "voice" of your organizations.
2) Like every good writer knows: show, don't tell. Don't tell us all the wonderful things you're going to do for Korea, for Bitcoin, for the world; it makes you sound manic. Instead go focus quietly on those goals. When you achieve them, then come shout it to the world. You'll receive all the glory and praise you crave.

I used to day trade Bitcoin successfully. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 08:48:06 PM

My cousin wouldn't use it...the fun of the manic phase outweighed the misery of the depressive phase to him.  He died in the street a few years ago.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
shockD

Activity: 93

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 10:50:51 PM

Well, to his credit at least he seems to have gotten rid of that unfathomably douchey avatar photo.
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 10:54:04 PM

I found this amazing wikipedia article he made which was deleted by wikipedia.

If this doesn't seal the deal on the fraud, i don't know what else would. Seriously worth the read. Also he is officially 24 years old.

Wow. Just... wow.

I used to day trade Bitcoin successfully. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
Fakeman

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 12:28:51 AM

I'm not sure how that shows he's a fraud, if anything it seems pretty consistent with the story he's told here unless I've missed something.

16wEsax3GGvJmjiXCMQUWeHdgyDG5DXa2W
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 12:32:58 AM

Each of us can only do his own research and in the end make up his own mind about Matt's efforts. Matt definitely is a boiling pot of boundless energy, optimism and seems to care about Bitcoin. My opinion is that he does have sincerity on some level and a grand unfocused vision in which "details" get in the way (or he's BAT SHIT CRAZY, I can't tell).

Sometimes those "details" are things like having money in the bank before promising it -- putting the cart before the horse. Sometimes those details are things like telling the entire community you WILL fly to West Indies to take care of the MyBitcoin issue, then pulling back to say you're offering to do so for donations, then sliding further back to say you won't do it at all. I don't think its nefarious but such details have a bad way of biting you in the ass. It's hard, and goodness knows I fail at this one enough, but think before you speak.

I'm sorta rooting for him to come through since it looks like he's in personal turmoil. We all have multiple parts to our personalities; we're not JUST a plumber but maybe we also create stained glass pieces at night; we're not JUST a lawyer but also participate in a Rugby league on weekends. But Matt's like a Freudian id geyser, spraying unfocused creativity all over the place; between U.S. and Korea, starting schools, running a 20,000+ GPU farm, joining police forces, living the YouTube rock star lifestyle (his YouTube account is found easily enough), herding Bitcoin cats via the UBB, being an artist, filmmaker, his YouTube / Facebook / Twitter accounts and whatever the other 900 projects are. Somehow he doesn't look more than 22. If he manages to channel all of this into one or 2 finished projects it could well be of benefit, and he does seem determined, though I think his plans could be too scattered to get to the finish line.

Time will tell. I see 2 paths ahead: he either learns to tone down the arrogance and channel the energy into some interesting finalized projects; or he continues to spiral off into insanity with 1000 projects that never come to fruition because the "unwashed masses" are so ignorant. This may just be a matter of him needing to grow up a little.

My advice to Matt is:
1) You're obviously intelligent and learning new things comes easier to you than it does to many others. You struggle with this gift because others mostly don't possess it -- and that just irritates the hell out of you. This gift is a double-edged sword. You squander it by looking down on those who don't have it. Ease off on your arrogance. You're smart but there is always someone in the world smarter and/or more talented than you. Until you do learn to temper your ego, look into finding a marketing person to be the "voice" of your organizations.
2) Like every good writer knows: show, don't tell. Don't tell us all the wonderful things you're going to do for Korea, for Bitcoin, for the world; it makes you sound manic. Instead go focus quietly on those goals. When you achieve them, then come shout it to the world. You'll receive all the glory and praise you crave.

There were posts like this one that I'd first read on this forum that made me fall deeper in love with Bitcoin (and yes, I'll sleep on the wet spot). In fact, if you look at one of my early posts, you find that I've commented such. It was after further reading that I fell into the "forum trap" if there is such an animal. I started seeing things that weren't there; I had to refrain myself to not criticize others (not my nature in RL); I needed to be careful of not disclosing my ideas--not out of fear for them to be stolen, though that's a small part of it, but because I could of easily fallen into the (name withheld)'s trap. I feel I'm an idea man also, having hundreds of Bitcoin ideas, but knowing damn well that I can't develop them all. Some ideas may be bad because I didn't think of all the ramifications; most so-so, just need tweaking and/or a certain technical aspect that I'm not versed in; and a small fraction could be considered gems. It's the gems I want to share with the Bitcoin community, and this forum is my best option to share them. I would do this not for the money or fame, but I may tap myself on the chest and proudly declare, "That was my idea." Then move on to the next project.

Back to this post. KeyserSoze seems to offer up some sound advise for... As for me, if I read something that Matthew posts and I can expound upon, I will.

Every community, whether in RL or online, has its share of (insert adjective, then noun here).  There's no argument that this community is any different. I feel proud to be part of it. In a relatively short period of time, I became a Sr. Member (it must of happened during the manning of this thread). In the not to distant future, I'll be a Hero Member. Not that that means anything to me, but somewhere down the road a newbie or Jr. Member (or any member) may need some form of help, and I may be one of those that aids him/her. It helps that if they glance over and see what authority I have to address their concern, they'll be more comfortable with the response. And I'm not saying that I want my response to be the final word. With that said, I also want to be called out if I'm wrong, with the one doing the calling knowing that I (Bruno) will not bark back (I feel this sentence needs editing, but you get the gist, hence the unedited version).

Now to share with you one of my Bitcoin ideas. It involves a:

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 01:15:40 AM

I'm finding the circle jerk on SomethingAwful about me mildly entertaining. So far they are no longer interested in why the UABB could be a fraudulent endeavor, and have decided instead to pick on my singing. It's almost as if they don't realize I post this stuff willingly.

First off, why did you take down your avatar? Surely you didn't bow down due to the rhetoric on this forum. I just read your credentials provided by Taxlow. I want to state that you are at least a hundred times smarter than I am, regardless of where your degrees came from. As you've probably read, and put the pieces together, I was defending the attack on you and, moreover, your start-up--UABB. I was reading so many other attacks on this forum, as well as the name calling (poor trolls), that I guess I reached my tipping point and decided to take a stand. UABB just happened to be the flavor of the hour then, hence the posting of the this thread and poll. Not in my wildest dreams did I think it would be this long. But in a sense, I'm glad it is. I've learned a hell of lot during the course of this thread (and I'm not talking about what I've learned in regards to you) and, from what you've written here and on other threads, so have you.

So, here's where I stand. If I can offer up any help to your endeavor(s) that are for the betterment of Bitcoin, I would do it in a heartbeat. If you F up on a personal level, you won't hear a peep out of me stating such. If you F up to point of Bitcoin being involved, I'm screaming from the highest South Korean peak, provided you help me get a passport. Give me a holler if you feel I can help you. And maybe, just maybe, heed some of the advice offered up by the members here. True, some are jerks, but the ones that aren't--WOW! They're there for you, me and the Bitcoin community as a whole.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 01:51:45 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2011, 06:24:28 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Just read the first sentence and starting laughing for I thought I was going to read "It's ironic-- I put up the avatar to be more transparent, now everybody wants me to put it back up." Going back now to read the full post.

[Edited]
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 02:08:41 AM

Thank you kindly for the further insight of yourself. I truly appreciate the following:

Bitcoin might actually be a horrible idea with a deadend future, but for the moment it's a brilliant ride, and excellent social project, and a rather interesting socioeconomically experiment. I doubt the FED is going to disappear because of Bitcoin, but I think it's possible that Bitcoin and efforts like Bitcoin will be able to change the way people think about governments and money, and maybe-- just maybe-- have some influence on the the world.
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 02:09:44 AM

http://www.edustem.com/mwright.kr/presidents_welcome.php

Love your school's website - Lots of seals on there, like the US Department of Education and a bunch of accreditation groups, each with an asterisk next to them and some fine print saying you aren't accredited by them.

I hope the Korean government catches on to your "school" and "other business ventures" and either jails or deports you, you scammy fuck.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 02:16:30 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2011, 06:25:50 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Hey, Matt. I would have put a link to where to donate after you wrote this:

Also, anyone want to sponsor me on the SA forums? I could totally provide hours of entertainment for you there as well.

I'm one who likes to take humor a tad further.
bitplane

Activity: 321

Firstbits: 1gyzhw

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 02:20:51 AM

The wikipedia article was written a while back, when some newspapers in Korea wanted to run a story about our school. I had to put up some info so that people would have a reference, but the wikipedia community deemed it as not notable (and rightfully so). I agreed with the decision, but didn't appreciate that most of the people behind it were just (as in this case) internet trolls trying to cause trouble.
I don't understand, are you saying that the people who got your vanity page deleted from Wikipedia were Internet trolls, or that the people who wrote the page were trolls?

I truly believe in the idea of the UABCI. If it hurts it, I'll leave. Help the UABCI though. UABCI and efforts like it are the only chance Bitcoin has to being accepted mainstream.
IMO your ideas are too centralized and look too much like grabs for power and fame, specially with all the fancy sounding titles and faux corporate management-speak. Decentralized, open, all-inclusive systems with no bullshit would be far more trustworthy, but wouldn't offer any personal gain.
digigalt

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 02:21:38 AM

Does JeffK, TaxLow, bitbot, or anyone else from the SA forums here to spy on us really think anyone believes their garbage? I have to admit, I for a moment actually thought that some of the existing members of this forum were up in arms against me, but this has evolved into a meme over there now. It's pretty entertaining to watch them fuddle through and generalize on my life, even though I've studied immigration and business laws here for 6 years. I'd really like to see what genius idea they come up with next on how I'm breaking the law by merely living in this country. I think they're trying too hard. They should have just stuck to personal cuts. Now they're entering in an area I have certain expertise in.  >Smiley

Too bad you lacked certain expertise in verifying that the university you were attending held proper accreditation.
JeffK

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 02:27:19 AM

Does JeffK, TaxLow, bitbot, or anyone else from the SA forums here to spy on us really think anyone believes their garbage? I have to admit, I for a moment actually thought that some of the existing members of this forum were up in arms against me, but this has evolved into a meme over there now. It's pretty entertaining to watch them fuddle through and generalize on my life, even though I've studied immigration and business laws here for 6 years. I'd really like to see what genius idea they come up with next on how I'm breaking the law by merely living in this country. I think they're trying too hard. They should have just stuck to personal cuts. Now they're entering in an area I have certain expertise in.  >Smiley

That's not at all what we said, we were pointing out that your UABB and school looked like fraudulent institutions, and that people shouldn't trust you.

The Bitcoin community should thank us for taking a step back from our occasional joking or sarcastic posting to help the other members see what a scumbag you are.
JeffK

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 02:29:28 AM

Sounds like your expertise is in "scamming foreigners" and "barely dodging violations of immigration law"
Tasty Champa

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 02:44:06 AM

Would anyone care to summarize what has happened in the last 9 pages, and what UABB is?
JeffK

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 02:49:16 AM

Sounds like your expertise is in "scamming foreigners" and "barely dodging violations of immigration law"It sucks that we have absolutely nothing solid and are just talking out of asses in attempts to cause you discomfort and to get you to reveal information that we can attempt to use against you. Please post more so we can continue this on until the end of time as we have nothing better to do.

Fixed.

Awww, babby is doing damage control now that he has been outed.

he currently claims he works for the police to help them find people with fake degrees, after he got caught:

1) The law requires a degree, not an accredited degree. Look it up.
2) Since I wasn't intending on working in education when I came to Korea, I hadn't care at first, but later I realized this would reflect badly so I took the necessary steps and got an accredited degree.
3) The police in Korea not only know about the degree, there was already a large scale investigation into it. In fact, that's where I met the detectives who I work with now. As much as this must burn, they use me now to catch people with fake degrees, so it's going to be really interesting when I get a call asking me to investigate myself ROFL.

I have to admit, I was pretty intent on defending myself against some of the ridiculousness but now it's going beyond anything I can learn an actual lesson from, and turning in to a sad and hilarious performance by the SA forums. And no, good luck to you and everyone there. They're going to need it. This is not America.

Here it is folks: Matthew N. Wright, scammer turned narc (but still a scammer)

If his current story is even true.
digigalt

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 02:51:41 AM

Would anyone care to summarize what has happened in the last 9 pages, and what UABB is?

UABB was a good idea that I fucked up through misrepresentation that sparked fears of an attempt to defraud the community which shifted to a cross-forum obsession with digging up 'dirt' on me. So far it has been proven that:

Everything I claimed was true.

D'oh!

Every time you respond, you dig yourself into a deeper hole. This is hilarious.
BillX

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 02:53:22 AM

UABB was a good idea that I fucked up through misrepresentation that sparked fears of an attempt to defraud the community which shifted to a cross-forum obsession with digging up 'dirt' on me. So far it has been proven that:

Everything I claimed was true.

D'oh!

Speaking of dirt. I don't think this needs any explanation at all. Make your own judgments ladies and gentleman.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: