April 25, 2024, 04:23:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe UABB is a...
Viable Service to Bitcoin (my belief)
Scam
Fraud
?, for I'm holding back judgement at this time.
or, I always vote for the humorous option, just because!
Self Important Fuckwit

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UABB is a...  (Read 16419 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 03:15:46 PM

Oh my god! The only thing wrong with that movie is he didn't kill her.

She was in a movie?

Must be the whole in your head. It'll mess with your mind. 8^)

If I were black and gay, would you still pick on me?

What's funny about this image is that my real name is Bruno (no joke).

(enjoyed the ribbing)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 03:17:36 PM

Seen it. Read it. Waiting for the parody on it! Any takers?
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 03:19:41 PM

Too easy.

Still around.
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 05:59:43 PM

What are you talking about? Matt is the one who forced Tom to post the receivership notice on MyBitcoin.com. Matt, in a Fedora and London Fog jacket, flew to Nevis and camped a PO Box, surviving on BitMunchies.com until Tom attempted to sneak in and grab all the KMart junk mail flyers. It was really a very simple case to crack.
That reminds me, do you regret being willing to take down the thread about how Matt (a.k.a BitMole) tried to weasel out of paying you for work done now?

This may sound a bit convoluted however, while I believe it is resoundingly beneficial for most everyone that the threads not be removed, I do not regret being willing to take down that thread because I was honoring a resolution to our disagreement. If you read closely you'll see each time I mention it I pretty much say the same thing: it was his request and I agreed out of respect for our resolution. I knew what he was doing.

If you read the threads (and actually managed to care about 2 nincompoops arguing, lol) I said a couple times that once he paid I would post an apology. I never did. That was because it was a part of our agreement. His actual request at the end was for me to delete some posts and threads AND apologize, which would have meant there would be no record of our disagreement, only my apology post. That wouldn't have played out so well for me or the truth.

The apology, if it had been posted, would've been to comply with an agreement and would've been along the lines of "my belief that you never intended to pay was, in the end, erroneous because you did indeed borrow money and pay me." From my perspective there wasn't anything else to apologize for. He had been dishonest. He was also pushing back the payment time. These are classic scam moves that led me to believe he wouldn't pay me. I had a sense he did care about his online credibility, so that meant my only hope of payment was to embarrass him publicly. I did so. He claimed my actions, especially the release of "his" artwork, warranted the non-payment however eventually I was paid.

The debate about whether he would have paid without my prompting (and without the urging of maybe half the thread respondents, and without the scammer tag the mods put on him until he paid, and without the loan he was given) can rage on. It's like politics and religion; no one will be swayed from their beliefs.

It may be hard to see because I edited some posts to comply but from my perspective there was more to the story than just the late 1BTC payment. Some of it has been whitewashed into simply being a story of "purchaser couldn't pay immediately, asked for an extension; Keyser refused and immediately went to the forum to shout scam."

I used to day trade Bitcoin successfully. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 06:01:36 PM

I'm still trying to wrap my head around a home schooled guy setting up a private school using public school education materials... Though he is from Louisville KY. My condolences on that part btw.

lol, yes. You might add "I'm still trying to wrap my head around a home schooled guy with a diploma mill degree setting up a private school using public school education materials..."

I used to day trade Bitcoin successfully. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
LokeRundt

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 09:38:32 PM

I'm still trying to wrap my head around a home schooled guy setting up a private school using public school education materials... Though he is from Louisville KY. My condolences on that part btw.

lol, yes. You might add "I'm still trying to wrap my head around a home schooled guy with a diploma mill degree setting up a private school using public school education materials..."

burn.  Gotta love the diploma mills.  Alas, in a free-market, as long as there are stupid people in the world, there will be a need for "services" rendered by folks such as this

Hippy Anarchy
*shrug*
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2011, 02:15:17 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2011, 01:19:53 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

And there you have it folks. An 11 12 13 14 page thread with a mostly civil discussion on what UABB is (or is not).

Now comes the hard part: If I get 10 requests to lock this thread, I will. Bear in mind, if I get a hundred requests to keep it open, I will.

Let the requests begin:

ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 02:41:57 PM

open

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2011, 02:58:42 PM

And the race is on! 99 more votes to keep this thread alive, and still 10 needed to lock it.

Fakeman

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 03:24:47 PM

Lock it, at this point there is no UABB and voting will not change that. If the idea ever leaves the planning stages then great, but why should anyone care today? Because of the since rescinded pledge to get to the bottom of the Mybitcoin clusterfuck? Because it's fun to ridicule a kid with delusions of grandeur? There is nothing here but fairy dust and farts in the wind.

16wEsax3GGvJmjiXCMQUWeHdgyDG5DXa2W
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2011, 03:35:07 PM

Lock it, at this point there is no UABB and voting will not change that. If the idea ever leaves the planning stages then great, but why should anyone care today? Because of the since rescinded pledge to get to the bottom of the Mybitcoin clusterfuck? Because it's fun to ridicule a kid with delusions of grandeur? There is nothing here but fairy dust and farts in the wind.

One for Locking--One for Keeping it Open

A close race so far:

bitbot

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 03:51:34 PM

open

for all the scams this loser matthew neal wright pulled on people the google search engine will be so flooded with info that he will never be able to scam again

matthew neal wright fake degree mill home school micropenis scam artist ripoff

Anonymous BITCOIN Exchange: https://www.TRADEHILL.COM
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2011, 03:59:34 PM

open

for all the scams this loser matthew neal wright pulled on people the google search engine will be so flooded with info that he will never be able to scam again

matthew neal wright fake degree mill home school micropenis scam artist ripoff

That's 2 for open--Still 1 for lock

Heads Up: Please provide a link for the micropenis when accusing people of having such.

Xephan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 04:12:20 PM

I see no reason to close it. If nobody's interested any more, it will just sink to the bottom. If Michael does something stupid or bad then it might come back up to haunt him.

So I'll go with OPEN.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2011, 04:34:52 PM

I see no reason to close it. If nobody's interested any more, it will just sink to the bottom. If Michael does something stupid or bad then it might come back up to haunt him.

So I'll go with OPEN.

Now, 3 to Keep Open--Still Only 1 to Lock

Xephan introduces an interesting argument for keeping this thread open:

BillX

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 07:34:22 PM

Leave it open. Its a great drama thread for laughs.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 08:03:49 PM

Open. How else will we keep the somethingawful kids entertained?
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 11:43:40 PM

I vote for keeping it open

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2011, 02:52:58 AM

Leave it open. Its a great drama thread for laughs.

4 For Open--One 4 Lock

BillX enjoys the drama!

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2011, 02:56:18 AM

Open. How else will we keep the somethingawful kids entertained?

5 Votes to Keep This Thread Open--Only 1 to Lock

RandyFold wants to keep the somethingawful kids entertained while they...:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: