April 24, 2024, 07:07:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe UABB is a...
Viable Service to Bitcoin (my belief)
Scam
Fraud
?, for I'm holding back judgement at this time.
or, I always vote for the humorous option, just because!
Self Important Fuckwit

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UABB is a...  (Read 16419 times)
BillX

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 06:26:53 AM

I really do hope this forum dies. Not because I don't like some of you here ( I really really do) but because it has been literally over run by clowns/trolls/ and spammers who don't give 2 shits about this project or anyone else in our community. They have taken optimal advantage of the relaxed moderation in this forum, and have probably even hurt the prices of Bitcoins through their constant of cyber bullying and over inflamed misinformed postings. It has become a JOKE, and you can clearly see why the developers took this off their project site...

That man was not someone you wanted to do business with at all. All he was interested in was taking your money and getting attention.
I don't care what he was after, but the attack against him was vicious and didn't even come from within this community...

Then ignore the outside influence and move on.
The outside influence is trying to destroy this currency and everyone involved...
Bitcoins are going south just fine on their own. People grumbling in forums is not something responsible adults pay attention to.

One of the cornerstones of faith in Bitcoins and/or Libertarianism is that everyone has to take blame for their faults except for the ideas themselves.
STOP

JEFFK for the LOVE OF GOD, BITCOIN AND LIBERTARIANISM ARE NOT SYNONYMOUS.
You are misrepresenting the entire community when you say these things.  
They go hand in hand. Bitcoin is a Libertarians wet dream. Thats not to say a Liberal or a Conservative cant own them but its the Libertarians that get the biggest rise out of them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 06:42:09 AM

I really do hope this forum dies. Not because I don't like some of you here ( I really really do) but because it has been literally over run by clowns/trolls/ and spammers who don't give 2 shits about this project or anyone else in our community. They have taken optimal advantage of the relaxed moderation in this forum, and have probably even hurt the prices of Bitcoins through their constant of cyber bullying and over inflamed misinformed postings. It has become a JOKE, and you can clearly see why the developers took this off their project site...

That man was not someone you wanted to do business with at all. All he was interested in was taking your money and getting attention.
I don't care what he was after, but the attack against him was vicious and didn't even come from within this community...

The outside influence is trying to destroy this currency and everyone involved...
Bitcoins are going south just fine on their own. People grumbling in forums is not something responsible adults pay attention to.

One of the cornerstones of faith in Bitcoins and/or Libertarianism is that everyone has to take blame for their faults except for the ideas themselves.
STOP

They go hand in hand. Bitcoin is a Libertarians wet dream. Thats not to say a Liberal or a Conservative cant own them but its the Libertarians that get the biggest rise out of them.
Bitcoin is no ones. It doesn't belong to any ideology/ race/ religion/ group/ or country. Why is that so hard to understand? It simply just is, and you could take a progressive liberal approach to them (by taxing large transactions through government run nodes) , or you can take a totally anarchistic approach by remaining completely anonymous, and steering away from large transactions or anything that raises flags! My point here is that Bitcoin literally is YOU. It being open source gives the ability for any government or individual to put the restrictions or limitations in place that THEY see fit. Open source also allows people to improve on the existing system as well, so if you don't like something you can easily CHANGE IT.

Bitcoin is not Libertarian, Liberal, Conservative, Progressive, Democrat, Republican, Christian, Muslim, or Jew.

Bitcoin simply just is, and it's highly offensive and disingenuous to title and/or brand it as anything other than what it is,

A decentralized P2P digital currency that has a capped rate of creation, that can't be duplicated or destroyed. It is the purest form of Internet cash that we have available today as human beings.
BillX

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 06:51:24 AM

Bitcoin is not Libertarian, Liberal, Conservative, Progressive, Democrat, Republican, Christian, Muslim, or JEW.

Ok, all I said was Libertarians like bitcoins. I don't see what your problem is with that. What I do think is your putting to much of a value on the community aspect of bitcoin. Guess what, there isnt any. Just a bunch of sharks swimming around chatting with each other waiting for the next meal.

Now, what I do find offensive is your use of "JEW" next time you write a line like that use Hebrew. Kind of makes you sound like a racist there.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 06:54:11 AM

Bitcoin is not Libertarian, Liberal, Conservative, Progressive, Democrat, Republican, Christian, Muslim, or JEW.

Ok, all I said was Libertarians like bitcoins. I don't see what your problem is with that. What I do think is your putting to much of a value on the community aspect of bitcoin. Guess what, there isnt any. Just a bunch of sharks swimming around chatting with each other waiting for the next meal.

Now, what I do find offensive is your use of "JEW" next time you write a line like that use Hebrew. Kind of makes you sound like a racist there.

Wasn't even replying to you...
Was mostly talking to JEFFK sorry you got included in the quote...
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 06:55:04 AM

STOP

Bitcoin is no ones. It doesn't belong to any ideology/ race/ religion/ group/ or country. Why is that so hard to understand? It simply just is, and you could take a progressive liberal approach to them (by taxing large transactions through government run nodes) , or you can take a totally anarchistic approach by remaining completely anonymous, and steering away from large transactions or anything that raises flags! My point here is that Bitcoin literally is YOU. It being open source gives the ability for any government or individual to put the restrictions or limitations in place that THEY see fit. Open source also allows people to improve on the existing system as well, so if you don't like something you can easily CHANGE IT.

Bitcoin simply just is, and it's highly offensive and disingenuous to title and/or brand it as anything other than what it is,

A decentralized P2P digital currency that has a capped rate of creation, that can't be duplicated/or destroyed. It is the purest form of Internet cash that we have available today as human beings.

You are missing the point of what he said. He and I meant that the Venn diagram of people who are die-hard libertarians and people who believe in Bitcoin looks like a slightly blurry circle. Everyone blames all the faults in Bitcoin on external forces but never Bitcoins themselves, just like Libertarians do "X only fails because the market isn't free ENOUGH", etc.

Both have big flaws but no one here can admit that.

Also, this forum has a huge contingency of the "dumb but always think they are right" variety (e.g., you) that continuously make big mistakes again and again and drive away anyone with an ounce of sense.

Watching this community slowly go from "anarcho-capitalist" to slowly re-inventing every financial institution that we use in the real world has been pretty funny though, for the insane irony of it all.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 06:59:31 AM

You are missing the point of what he said. He and I meant that the Venn diagram of people who are die-hard libertarians and people who believe in Bitcoin looks like a slightly blurry circle. Everyone blames all the faults in Bitcoin on external forces but never Bitcoins themselves, just like Libertarians do "X only fails because the market isn't free ENOUGH", etc.

Also, this forum has a huge contingency of the "dumb but always think they are right" variety (e.g., you) that continuously make big mistakes again and again and drive away anyone with an ounce of sense.

Watching this community slowly go from "anarcho-capitalist" to slowly re-inventing every financial institution that we use in the real world has been pretty funny though, for the insane irony of it all.

Bitcoin has it's fault's but only because people are to stupid to adapt to it's most basic requirements. But once again you still don't get it do you? I can tell the majority of the people who post demanding for new features and/or usability don't get it.

IT'S OPEN SOURCE.

If you think something about Bitcoins sucks then CHANGE IT. If you think you can run a better business than half the people in here then DO SO. If you don't care enough about any of this, then ask yourself this question. Why are you here?
BillX

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:01:02 AM

Bitcoin has it's fault's but only because people are to stupid to adapt to it's most basic requirements. But once again you still don't get it do you? I can tell the majority of the people who post demanding for new features and/or usability don't get it.

IT'S OPEN SOURCE.

If you think something about Bitcoins sucks then CHANGE IT. If you don't care enough to change it, then ask yourself this question. Why are you here?
The product has to meet the requirements of the people. Not the other way around.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:01:56 AM

IT'S OPEN SOURCE.

If you think something about Bitcoins sucks then CHANGE IT. If you don't care enough to change it, then ask yourself this question. Why are you here?
The product has to meet the requirements of the people. Not the other way around.
What your "requirements" that haven't been met?  

EDIT: I want to know because I sincerely want to help you if you think some "requirements" haven't been met.
BillX

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:03:59 AM

IT'S OPEN SOURCE.

I think they have been said here many many times. I am not going to list that again.
JeffK

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:06:00 AM

IT'S OPEN SOURCE.

If you think something about Bitcoins sucks then CHANGE IT. If you think you can run a better business than half the people in here then DO SO. If you don't care enough about any of this, then ask yourself this question. Why are you here?

So Bitcoin is marvelous and flawless, as long as no one uses it. Gotcha
JeffK

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:08:49 AM

Also, it being open source doesn't mean anything for solving the problems in Bitcoins, any meaningful changes to Bitcoin software means you would have to start a new blockchain, defeating the purpose.

The biggest flaw with Bitcoin is that it never takes human nature into account. However, flawed people use it, therefore it will always stay broken and corrupted.
BillX

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:10:10 AM

Also, it being open source doesn't mean anything for solving the problems in Bitcoins, any meaningful changes to Bitcoin software means you would have to start a new blockchain, defeating the purpose.

The biggest flaw with Bitcoin is that it never takes human nature into account. However, flawed people use it, therefore it will always stay broken and corrupted.

Veg is just too caught up in the emotionalism of bitcoin.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:11:04 AM

IT'S OPEN SOURCE.

I think they have been said here many many times. I am not going to list that again.
What securing your wallet? Here are free instructions on how to do so http://tweetforum.com/services/a-portable-and-reasonably-secure-bitcoin-wallet-system/

If you for whatever reason still can't follow directions, I would highly recommend you going to CAMPBX. They are a US BASED company in Atlanta that just opened up the new exchanger CAMPBX.Com. The reason why I recommend them to you is because.

A. They are based in the USA and they have a real office you can call and/or go to.
B. They have the best interface of any exchanger available.
C. They have 2 factor security which means every-time you login to handle your coins they send a text message to your phone which you have to input via the computer. This makes it virtually impossible for a hacker to get into your account without having your phone as well.
D. They are tested daily for McAfee security services.
F.  They offer transfer in/out so you can shop/trade/exchange Bitcoins right from within your CBX panel.

Visit them here http://campbx.com

Seriously what "requirements" are missing. I want to write this down, so I can just take over the entire Bitcoin newb market since no one else is taking up the challenge..
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:13:20 AM

Whats meaningful? The fundamentals can't be changed yes, but why would you want to change them?

21 Million Coin Capped (Preventing Longterm Inflation)
No duplicates in the system (Preventing Fraud)
Public Block Chain (Improving transparency)
Difficulty goes up as more miners subscribe making it harder to get this money (Giving the coins even more value as time progresses)

What else am I missing that's flawed in your opinion sir?
JeffK

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:14:13 AM

IT'S OPEN SOURCE.

What securing your wallet? Here are free instructions on how to do so http://tweetforum.com/services/a-portable-and-reasonably-secure-bitcoin-wallet-system/

If you for whatever reason still can't follow directions, I would highly recommend you going to CAMPBX. They are a US BASED company in Atlanta that just opened up the new exchanger CAMPBX.Com. The reason why I recommend them to you is because.

A. They are based in the USA and they have a real office you can call and/or go to.
B. They have the best interface of any exchanger available.
C. They have 2 factor security so which means every-time you login to handle your coins they send a text message to your phone which you have to input via the computer. This makes it virtually impossible for a hacker to get into your account without having your phone as well.
D. They are tested daily for McAfee security services.
F.  They offer transfer in/out so you can shop/trade/exchange Bitcoins right from within your CBX panel.

Visit them here http://campbx.com

Seriously what "requirements" are missing. I want to write this down, so I can just take over the entire Bitcoin newb market since no one else is taking up the challenge..

No one is talking about e-wallets
JeffK

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:17:43 AM

Whats meaningful? The fundamentals can't be changed yes, but why would you want to change them?

No duplicates in the system
Difficulty goes up as more miners subscribe making it harder to get this money.

No inflation is a flaw in a system that supposedly will be adding new people all the time.
No reversible transactions has caused this to become a haven for scammers
Mining will eventually have negative returns when all the coins are mined but transactions still need to be processed.
Deflation causes permanent and uneven wealth disparity
Transaction processing time increases in a greater-than-linear time as more transactions happen.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:24:47 AM

You are a fucking idiot. Jew is not a racial slur. Next time you write, know what you're talking about. Kind of makes you sound like a fool here.
BillX

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:26:29 AM

You are a fucking idiot. Jew is not a racial slur. Next time you write, know what you're talking about. Kind of makes you sound like a fool here.
Oh fuckface.. "JEW" written all caps like is a racial slur.. I happen to be Jewish now fuck off.
JeffK

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:28:57 AM

Read his post again, moron.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:36:45 AM

No duplicates in the system
Difficulty goes up as more miners subscribe making it harder to get this money.

No inflation is a flaw in a system that supposedly will be adding new people all the time.
No reversible transactions has caused this to become a haven for scammers. (
Mining will eventually have negative returns when all the coins are mined but transactions still need to be processed.
Transaction processing time increases in a greater-than-linear time as more transactions happen.

Huh?

No reversible transactions has caused this to become a haven for scammers.

If you are doing business with a reputable establishment they will return your money if you have a good reasons, it's no different than cash. If you give it to a thief they will run with it, no different than cash...You don't go around throwing your USD at every site you see on the Internet do you? I assume you only go to the ones you trust, and the same commonsense should be applied when purchasing with Bitcoins.

Then people and possibly governments will put up nodes just to process transactions and collect fees...Where there's money to be made, there's always people making it!

Not when every single person has access to the same wealth. And even then who said that Bitcoins will be the only currency of the future? That is a pretty short sighted view of whats to come if you think it's either Bitcoins or Fiat... There will be many different competing currencies all with their own individual traits and values

Transaction processing time increases in a greater-than-linear time as more transactions happen

Transaction processing is not a problem as of yet. In the future if the network continues to expand the head developers have said that there would be upgrades to the block chain to accommodate for the sort of increase that you are talking about. And even then why do you need to process transactions through the block chain? Why is it that in the future there can be no reputable Bitcoin payment processor that processes transactions just like Visa or Mastercard? Giving you the fraud protection you desire, while completely eliminating the need for the block chain thus giving you instantaneous speeds/confirmations.That can happen, and it's anybody's for the taking right now... Instead of wasting time on SA how about you get on it JeffK?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: