Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:46:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VGA mining  (Read 1482 times)
gondel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:13:11 PM

I have a RADEON 7470m which is weak for mining bitcoins and i am wondering which coin to choose and a pool to use it to mine for a while?

Thank you Smiley
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gondel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:22:51 PM

Any idea? Roll Eyes
gondel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:25:44 AM

Is it even possible to do that?
maxsolnc

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 08:27:39 AM

Is it laptop video card?

DTC: DMcKNp47fNtgM7sritK9GfJEQ1DzME5nwk
BTC: 1FgUGra685ZwkrX5VnRvfaYp4bHJhC7x4H
gondel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:00:33 AM

Is it laptop video card?

Yes it is. I know someone will say it is shiti and slow, but I just want to know if it is possible while mining with CPU to mine with VGA for different coin and which one?
gorgorom

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 02:56:10 PM

Is it laptop video card?

Yes it is. I know someone will say it is shiti and slow, but I just want to know if it is possible while mining with CPU to mine with VGA for different coin and which one?

Well, im not quite sure about the speed you'll get, but grab GUIminer or somehting, and fire it up. I think it is still opencl so you might get 20khs or so with it. Hardly even close to profitable, but I know the feeling. I started out with 6KHS and couldn't give a damn what people told me about "profitability" I just wanted to mine coins. :3

▲Check Out My Projects & Services!▲ 
Please read the goddamned trust rating feedback before you judge...soo stupid..
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:10:01 PM

Is it laptop video card?

I'll just warn you.  Of course do whatever you wish. 

Laptop mining is dangerous to your hardware.  Laptops just aren't built to have the kind of cooling or airflow necessary for consistent 100% burn, which mining will certainly put on your hardware.  Both your cpu and your onboard video or for that matter even a discrete laptop video card will be at risk for significant loss of life.

Sure, depending on the coins you mine you'll earn something. But it will almost certainly be less than the cost of your replacement hardware and electricity.  I suggest either outright buying coins or investing in a legitimate mining rig. But even then it's risky these days on ROI. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
belltown

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

still can't change my profile pic

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:11:08 PM

You might fry your laptop!!! These are not designed for Gpu or CPU to be loaded 100% all the time.

How I've earned 0.088 BTC for making few forum posts on LetsTalkBitcoin
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=707439.0 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
gorgorom

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 03:19:57 PM

Is it laptop video card?

I'll just warn you.  Of course do whatever you wish. 

Laptop mining is dangerous to your hardware.  Laptops just aren't built to have the kind of cooling or airflow necessary for consistent 100% burn, which mining will certainly put on your hardware.  Both your cpu and your onboard video or for that matter even a discrete laptop video card will be at risk for significant loss of life.

Sure, depending on the coins you mine you'll earn something. But it will almost certainly be less than the cost of your replacement hardware and electricity.  I suggest either outright buying coins or investing in a legitimate mining rig. But even then it's risky these days on ROI. 

This is very true. Be careful Op, I didnt think about this with my brother. I got him hooked on BTC and alts, he took his gaming laptop and started to mine hard, a couple days later his Battery melted, and laptop was toast.

If you really want to mine that bad, use just your CPU and use your GPU in small bursts, never overnight or for long periods. Use your CPU on CPU-only coins, that way if you have a good CPU you could get profit form the coins and not burn your GPU and PC out.
Grin

▲Check Out My Projects & Services!▲ 
Please read the goddamned trust rating feedback before you judge...soo stupid..
dnelsonfl

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:36:30 PM

Is it laptop video card?

More likely we'll warn you that mining on a laptop is not recommended because of the heat that will be generated. Running a video card full out for mining generates heat much more quickly than the laptop can dissipate it. Run it long enough and you run a serious risk of burning something up. If you want to anyway, try throttling it and not running it at 100% to try and keep the temperature manageable.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: