Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PANIC!  (Read 6869 times)
hmblm1245

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 09:06:32 PM

back down to 9 come on 8. maybe this will draw a ton of attention and then spring board back up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 09:07:40 PM

broke 800

currently connected: 801, uptime

Be humble!
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:32:33 AM

wow the bottom a couple hours ago was 5.9...that's quite a pounding from like...$14 a week ago
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 08:44:06 AM

A warm hearty 'thank you' to the traders that sold at $6.  Cashed in a 20% profit within hours.  Not often you can do that.  Viva la volatility!
JBDive

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 02:41:34 PM

A warm hearty 'thank you' to the traders that sold at $6.  Cashed in a 20% profit within hours.  Not often you can do that.  Viva la volatility!

I've got a buy in at under $6 assuming as folks come back into play on Monday morning they are going to be freaked out at the move and dump again, at least I hope so.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 07:40:04 PM

I've got a buy in at under $6 assuming as folks come back into play on Monday morning they are going to be freaked out at the move and dump again, at least I hope so.
No...
JBDive

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 10:13:45 PM

No...

No you don't want that or No it won't happen? Seems miners are shutting down still from the graphs although it's no mass exodus.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 11:38:33 PM

No...

No you don't want that or No it won't happen? Seems miners are shutting down still from the graphs although it's no mass exodus.
Get in now buddy, go look at all the orders. We are going to be at double digits by tonight...
JBDive

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 11:42:23 PM

No...

Get in now buddy, go look at all the orders. We are going to be at double digits by tonight...

Maybe but I'm playing for tomorrow, not this low weekend volume. I wish I had cashed out sooner than I did and caught that dip but in any case I am waiting for the next, order is in and waiting.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 12:07:21 AM

No...

Maybe but I'm playing for tomorrow, not this low weekend volume. I wish I had cashed out sooner than I did and caught that dip but in any case I am waiting for the next, order is in and waiting.
I have made back $500 so far this weekend has been SICK.
JBDive

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 03:31:27 AM

Interesting chart with Hash rate crossing difficulty.

http://bitcoin.sipa.be/speed-lin-ever.png

GoWest

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2011, 03:55:54 AM

I'm going to go ahead and suggest that the crossover potentially signals a market bottom, just because we've been in a steady downtrend for two months and this is the first time that something has changed.

Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 01:57:34 PM

I'm going to go ahead and suggest that the crossover potentially signals a market bottom, just because we've been in a steady downtrend for two months and this is the first time that something has changed.

So, when miners begin to quit, that's a good sign for the price? Uhhhm, that does not make sense at all.
JBDive

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 03:35:59 PM

I don't think you can read short term price moves into that chart of hash power dropping and crossing the difficulty level listed. It's just interesting especially since it's really never done it before or at least not at these levels and may point to a longer term move in say network hash rate growth. I guess it shows where at least some miners feel they can no longer mine for profit or where they feel BTC value has dried up. The drop in network hashing is clear but it's not huge, yet.
lemonginger

Activity: 210

firstbits: 121vnq

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 04:08:35 PM

uhhh, all it means is that difficulty is going to drop
JBDive

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 04:15:14 PM

If it stays below that line which it appears to want to do when the price drops under $8.
fastandfurious

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 04:18:12 PM

That gives more coins/Hash at next difficulty DROP. And that gives the opportunity for miners to sell more bitcoins/day, making even more money from the direct USD (fiat currency) buyer that doesn't understand economics.

My new price target is 3 dollars if the difficulty drop continues.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2011, 06:58:40 PM

The difficulty and hash rate are on different scales in that graph. There is no "crossover".
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 07:49:44 PM

The difficulty and hash rate are on different scales in that graph. There is no "crossover".
But the scales are matched to where difficulty = estimated difficulty at X MH/s.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 07:59:16 PM

That gives more coins/Hash at next difficulty DROP. And that gives the opportunity for miners to sell more bitcoins/day, making even more money from the direct USD (fiat currency) buyer that doesn't understand economics.

My new price target is 3 dollars if the difficulty drop continues.

There's NEVER a difficulty "drop" in bitcoin. Difficulty just raises as the number of coins increase.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: