Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:35:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pywallet 2.2: manage your wallet [Update required]  (Read 207938 times)
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:23:07 AM

Ok I see! I think the file is badly corrupted

You should use the recovery: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34028.msg2794856#msg2794856
Code:
python pywallet.py --recover --recov_device c:\path\to\your\wallet.dat --recov_size 30Gio --recov_outputdir c:\recoveredwalelt

The rest should be obvious
Tell me if anything goes bad
If this doesn't recover the keys you wanted then I really think they're gone

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kasael

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 12:12:49 AM

Ok I see! I think the file is badly corrupted

You should use the recovery: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34028.msg2794856#msg2794856
Code:
python pywallet.py --recover --recov_device c:\path\to\your\wallet.dat --recov_size 30Gio --recov_outputdir c:\recoveredwalelt

The rest should be obvious
Tell me if anything goes bad
If this doesn't recover the keys you wanted then I really think they're gone

So as far as i can see, the recovery option will search for the wallet patter within a whole hard drive?

I thought it would try to fix a wallet, already recovered using some file recovering sofware as i did, instead.

Ok, tomorrow i'll try to use the tool over my old hard drive where i detected i had my old wallet deleted, i haven't used it ever since.

Ill let know how it works Smiley

thank you!
kasael

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:18:02 PM

Im trying it now, but i have two basic questions Sad

I download the latest pywallet version, placed it in the same folder i had my previous one after deleting the first.
In the previous version (1.1 i think), when doing from command line a pywallet.py --version it would return the version, but in this case, when i simply do from the windows command line a pywallet.py --version, it returns this:

C:\Users\unknown user\Desktop\pywallet>pywallet.py --version
  File "C:\Users\unknown user\Desktop\pywallet\pywallet.py", line 4
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

And second question:

in the command option s "c:\path\to\your\wallet.dat", if i am supposed to search within a deleted hard drive for wallets/keys, how can i point to a wallet? Should i point to the location where my wallet was before i erased the files?

thank you!
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 08:59:22 PM

Quick answers, I'll try to find the time to answer more precisely soon
1) the file you downloaded is not pywallet. Maybe a 404 HTML page. Open it with a text editor to be sure
2) --recov-device is either a drive or a file, depending on what you want or need

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
kasael

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:49:50 PM

Thank you, i had downloaded an html page with the name pywallet.py,  i hadn't looked into the code.

After using it this is the result in the command window:

The new wallet c:\wallets/recovered_wallet_1383137342.dat contains the 229 recovered keys

And the next files in the folder i used as output:

http://i41.tinypic.com/33wxfdv.jpg

I renamed "recovered_wallet_1383137342.dat" to wallet.dat and used it as my wallet on my computer, and after opening bitcoin -qt it wouldn't return any error message but after loading the full block it is empty and it doesn't have any cents or even addresses in the addresses tab, only a long list of labels and addresses under the "receive" tab, with the name recovered:labelname and an address name in the next column.

Can i consider my cents lost ?
alpha_one_x86

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

Developer of Ultracopier and Supercopier

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 09:23:17 AM

It say:
pywallet needs 'bsddb' package to run, please install it
But I have already installed it:
Code:
dev-python/bsddb3-5.3.0

Developer of Ultracopier/Supercopier and of the game CatchChallenger sold in crypto curency. Include on the nextcoin market.
yogg
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 05:02:48 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 11:02:45 PM by yogg

Hello !

Is there a way to get the output wallet.dat from --recover option without a passphrase ?

Ok, so basically what happened :
The power went out while the client was running, and when I try to start it again it says wallet corrupted.
I successfully recovered a wallet, then i copied it as wallet.dat and moved to the coin directory. I wiped the blockchain and download it again. While the blockchain was downloading the transaction appeared, even if there is no trace of addresses in the "'Receive" tab.

I found my balance again. It's allright but the passphrase I set at the begining of the operation (Enter the passphrase for the wallet that will contain all the recovered keys) doesn't seem to work.

What I did is to run the --recover option.
I got a recovered_wallet.dat, the client shows the correct balance with the wallet but it is locked with some passphrase that is different from the one I set during the recovery process.

I installed a new and clean VM, got only the corrupted wallet.dat file and pywallet on it, tried to recover again and set a single space as the passphrase, and I still can't unlock that wallet! "space" won't be the passphrase.
But I got everything in the corrupt wallet. I guess it's been badly written somewhere because of the shutdown and won't load properly.

It's a chance that the original wallet.dat was not encrypted. Maybe someday I'll retrieve these. Smiley

If anyone has any clue, any help is much appreciated. Thanks Smiley

By the way, how does WalletWizard sounds ? Can be WalletWiz or something.
infinitevs

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 03:40:24 AM

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can help me with this error that comes up when trying to dumpmy wallet with balance...

Code:
C:\Users\infinitevs>pywallet.py --dumpwallet --dumpwithbalance
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Python2.7\Scripts\pywallet.py", line 5025, in <module>
    read_wallet(json_db, db_env, determine_db_name(), True, True, "", options.dumpbalance is not None)
  File "C:\Program Files\Python2.7\Scripts\pywallet.py", line 2537, in read_wallet
    k["balance"] = balance(balance_site, k["addr"])
  File "C:\Program Files\Python2.7\Scripts\pywallet.py", line 2684, in balance
    page=urllib.urlopen("%s=%s" % (site, address))
  File "C:\Program Files\Python2.7\Lib\urllib.py", line 87, in urlopen
    return opener.open(url)
  File "C:\Program Files\Python2.7\Lib\urllib.py", line 208, in open
    return getattr(self, name)(url)
  File "C:\Program Files\Python2.7\Lib\urllib.py", line 345, in open_http
    h.endheaders(data)
  File "C:\Program Files\Python2.7\Lib\httplib.py", line 969, in endheaders
    self._send_output(message_body)
  File "C:\Program Files\Python2.7\Lib\httplib.py", line 829, in _send_output
    self.send(msg)
  File "C:\Program Files\Python2.7\Lib\httplib.py", line 791, in send
    self.connect()
  File "C:\Program Files\Python2.7\Lib\httplib.py", line 772, in connect
    self.timeout, self.source_address)
  File "C:\Program Files\Python2.7\Lib\socket.py", line 553, in create_connection
    for res in getaddrinfo(host, port, 0, SOCK_STREAM):
IOError: [Errno socket error] [Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed

Thanks in advance Smiley
wmcleod

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:42:08 AM

Thank you very much for this tool! Smiley
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:31:37 AM

Can i consider my cents lost ?
Did you try "bitcoin-qt -rescan"?
If so and if it doesn't help, yes I think they may be lost
You can still send me your wallet so that I can see what I can find inside it

It say:
pywallet needs 'bsddb' package to run, please install it
But I have already installed it:
Code:
dev-python/bsddb3-5.3.0
Hmm... OSX?

Is there a way to get the output wallet.dat from --recover option without a passphrase ?
Yes, put this as the passphrase:
I don't want to put a password on the recovered wallet and I know what can be the consequences.
(line 4883 in https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet/blob/master/pywallet.py)
Tell me if it helps you recovering the coins

Hi All,
Wondering if anyone can help me with this error that comes up when trying to dumpmy wallet with balance...
Code:
C:\Users\infinitevs>pywallet.py --dumpwallet --dumpwithbalance
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Python2.7\Scripts\pywallet.py", line 5025, in <module>
    read_wallet(json_db, db_env, determine_db_name(), True, True, "", options.dumpbalance is not None)
  File "C:\Program Files\Python2.7\Scripts\pywallet.py", line 2537, in read_wallet
    k["balance"] = balance(balance_site, k["addr"])
  File "C:\Program Files\Python2.7\Scripts\pywallet.py", line 2684, in balance
    page=urllib.urlopen("%s=%s" % (site, address))
Thanks in advance Smiley
Did you have access to internet when you tested that?

Thank you very much for this tool! Smiley
Thanks for your feedback Smiley

Sounds good, sounds prety good IMO! I'll consider that!
Thanks a lot!

PTseller
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:23:07 AM

Does this help me to recover my lost wallet password ? if yes please tell me so i can use it ! Btw you have any video tutorial ? if yes i am very lucky then i am totally noob in this kind of work !
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:31:29 AM

Does this help me to recover my lost wallet password ? if yes please tell me so i can use it ! Btw you have any video tutorial ? if yes i am very lucky then i am totally noob in this kind of work !
It can but there are tools specifically developped for this matter
See here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85495.0

No tutorial video. I will do some when the new version will be released.

bitnewfly

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:42:46 PM

Hi jackjack,

I have found some wired payment from my wallet when i sent my regular transaction with Bitcoin-Qt version on 0.8.5. look like been stolen some points.(that is not fee, i pay the fee 0.001 each time).
 https://blockchain.info/address/121DhL8p3ta5vmDp7WDcjiHfmoQ73bSpWF.

example the last one: the "1PMjtDqHcQvw6tehfgNGnb7aFWsrC4TBrU " took 0.03338348 BTC top than my payment.
and another one: took "1P1GBELRwdhsgovvrzUDx7HBCVH8Sj4yjX" 0.0499 BTC as well.

Any advice, very appreciate.
also other folks, be carefully....

Tahnks.
thirdlight

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:57:23 PM

Change?

bitnewfly

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:29:01 AM

yeah, I thought it could be the change too at early time.
But after 3 days, and my computer wallet/Bitcoin -Qt is synchronized. I also can see the conformations of those transactions, have already deep to 500 (not enough yet?). Somehow the missed potions still do not show up to the balance.
yogg
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 10:51:16 AM

Yes, put this as the passphrase:
I don't want to put a password on the recovered wallet and I know what can be the consequences.
(line 4883 in https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet/blob/master/pywallet.py)
Tell me if it helps you recovering the coins

Hey !
That worked like a charm.
I just recovered several hundreds of millions of Infinitecoin, and over 1 million of Zetacoins.
That IFC wallet was 750Mb in size, recovered about 125k keys..
That was a long process, but what a relief !
Thanks a lot for your work ! If you want some IFC or ZET please post an addy. ;-)

Sounds good, sounds prety good IMO! I'll consider that!
Thanks a lot!
I will be honored if you name it that way. :-)

Franchement, merci beaucoup !! Quel soulagement ! :-D
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:01:54 PM

Hi jackjack,

I have found some wired payment from my wallet when i sent my regular transaction with Bitcoin-Qt version on 0.8.5. look like been stolen some points.(that is not fee, i pay the fee 0.001 each time).
 https://blockchain.info/address/121DhL8p3ta5vmDp7WDcjiHfmoQ73bSpWF.

example the last one: the "1PMjtDqHcQvw6tehfgNGnb7aFWsrC4TBrU " took 0.03338348 BTC top than my payment.
and another one: took "1P1GBELRwdhsgovvrzUDx7HBCVH8Sj4yjX" 0.0499 BTC as well.

Any advice, very appreciate.
also other folks, be carefully....

Tahnks.
Did you make the 5 BTC payment?

noises

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:10:54 PM

Ok, so I need to install Python 2.7 with twisted package, then use python.py. The problem is that any time I try to open it this appears:

http://imgur.com/HujMmKJ

Any help? (oh obviously I'm an idiot and I deleted the wallet along with all the OS, then recovered with Recuva but the bitcoin client doesn't like it)
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 10:54:52 AM

what is the --otherversion for PPC (peercoin) and TGC (tigercoin) ?
any wiki?

Krellan

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:47:09 AM

Nice!

I got pywallet running, and it helped me to scrub out an old 0/unconfirmed transaction that I hadn't paid enough transaction fee to clear.

Had to make a small change, to get it to run on Gentoo Linux.

Unfortunately, Gentoo packaged the bsddb library under the name "bsddb3" which is incorrect, and breaks pywallet.  This works around that breakage, by trying to import from bsddb3 if bsddb fails.  Exactly the same library, but different name.

Here's the pull request for this: https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet/pull/6

Josh

1JUZr4TZ5zuB4WdEv4mrhZMaM7yttpJvLG Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: