Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:41:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pywallet 2.2: manage your wallet [Update required]  (Read 207938 times)
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 05:18:13 PM

the easiest thing is install.bat and install64.bat

I think even my moronic minions can understand that.

mooo for rent

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 05:36:35 PM

It's easy if you know which you use
I for one absolutely don't know my architecture

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 07:42:43 PM

New 64bit-friendly Windows installer:

Same steps:

Complete-update feature: run update.bat and all the files will be updated, ie you will have to download pwi only once whatever the future changes I'll make

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2011, 09:06:21 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2011, 09:24:12 AM by HostFat

I tried to install it on a Windows XP x86 ( last time I was on a Windows 7 x64 ) and it is giving this error:
'twisted' package is not installed, pywallet web interface can't be launched

I also tried to install it manually ( the 'twisted' package ), but it is giving the same error.

And also, there is another set that can be useful:
%ProgramFiles%

Example:
On the english Windows, it is probably:
"c:\program files"
On the italian windows, it is:
"c:\programmi"
( I don't know on other languages )

On Windows 7 x64 there is also:
%ProgramFiles(x86)%
On the Windows XP  %ProgramFiles(x86)% doesn't exist Smiley

So this is another way to make it working on every architecture and every language.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 03:10:00 PM

It was because of a temporary link to one of the install file, it's ok now
Could you launch update.bat, then install.bat?
I tried on a XP of mine, it runs as expected

Are you sure c:\programmi is not just a shortcut to c:\program files? This is the case on a french windows

HostFat
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2011, 03:49:36 PM

I'll check it tomorrow.
Anyway, "c:\programmi" is a folder on the italian "windows xp", I don't know if it's a link on the italian "windows 7" ( my windows 7 is in english language )

jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 04:05:13 PM

It's nearly sure in win7 it's a shortcut, I'll use %programfiles% because of XP then
Thanks for all these info

HostFat
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2011, 06:03:07 PM

Ok, I just checked, I confirm that C:\programmi is a "link" on the italian "windows 7", but it's a real "folder" on italian "windows xp".

terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 01:01:55 AM

How do I know if my wallet is corrupted? It's a stupid question, but I'd rather be on the safe side before I start sending out my vanity-addresses to people.
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 02:54:05 AM

How do I know if my wallet is corrupted? It's a stupid question, but I'd rather be on the safe side before I start sending out my vanity-addresses to people.

valid question, if you know how to run a brand new windows install or linux live cd or somthing, send a test amount of coins to a made address.

then on the brand new OS run bitcoin and let all blocks download. then disconnect the internet and never reconnect it after this point

now import the keys into the wallet with pywallet and slap it in the bitcoin client. now run the bitcoin client with the -rescan parameter. if you see the coins, your set, if not something messed up. if you ran the whole thing with a live cd your just turn the computer off and your good, if you installed an OS, use DBAN to wipe it out.

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2011, 03:08:32 AM

Jackjack,

I was wondering if pywallet supports 22-character "mini private keys" as I have been distributing on Casascius Physical Bitcoins and which I am trying to encourage as an adopted standard.  Shorter keys is a universally desirable attribute both for hand-typed keys, and even QR codes (due to lower dot density, they are more readable and more dots can be spent on error correction).

If it is not yet implemented, the algorithm is simple: take the SHA256 of the 22 characters.

Validation is also fairly simple: always base58 alphabet, first character is always 'S'.  A short algorithm is described in the Wiki for detecting typos, see "Mini private key format".

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 01:59:34 AM

How will pywallet work with 0.4.0 client just released?

I've used pywallet several times for importing a vanitygen key into my wallet.
But now that I'm using an encrypted wallet I expect pywallet is going to choke.

Any plans to add support for the new version?
I suspect that supporting the encryption would be difficult. Is there an alternate way to solve this problem. Maybe the json-rpc interface can be used to import new keys after unlocking?

ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 02:33:22 AM

How will pywallet work with 0.4.0 client just released?

I've used pywallet several times for importing a vanitygen key into my wallet.
But now that I'm using an encrypted wallet I expect pywallet is going to choke.

Any plans to add support for the new version?
I suspect that supporting the encryption would be difficult. Is there an alternate way to solve this problem. Maybe the json-rpc interface can be used to import new keys after unlocking?

it might work, but wait for confirmation before you use it.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 06:21:45 AM

Great program.  I downloaded it, installed it and used it to browse my wallet and import a private key.  It worked great.  A small donation is on its way.

One very small feature request:  Could you add the ability to import the mini private key format described here:  https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mini_private_key_format

All you have to do is take the SHA256 of the mini key to get the full private key and then go from there.  Thanks, and keep up the fantastic work.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2011, 07:59:14 AM

I started looking at this as a way to import bitbills and other printed addresses without having to patch the client. I'm on Lion though and the broken bsddb thing is a pain. I use homebrew instead of mac ports, and eventhough I have a separate install of python, I still get "ImportError: No module named _bsddb." I'm moving my wallet onto another system soon, so its not a big deal for me (and not your fault).

One question. How does this handle the encryption that comes with 0.4?

terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 28, 2011, 11:15:29 AM

I started looking at this as a way to import bitbills and other printed addresses without having to patch the client. I'm on Lion though and the broken bsddb thing is a pain. I use homebrew instead of mac ports, and eventhough I have a separate install of python, I still get "ImportError: No module named _bsddb." I'm moving my wallet onto another system soon, so its not a big deal for me (and not your fault).

One question. How does this handle the encryption that comes with 0.4?
Tried adding a private key. Broke my wallet. Seems to dump most of it just fine, though.
jago25_98

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 04:04:25 PM

Would be great if it was possible to bulk import private keys dumped from another wallet, in order to merge all keys from an old wallet into a new one.  

Alternatively, does anyone know how to script this from a wallet dump using grep/sed etc?

edit: Also, how to check the balance of multiple addresses in one hit with copy and paste?

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
Red Emerald

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2011, 11:15:37 PM

Any word on getting this to work with 0.4's encrypted wallet?

jackjack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 12:33:50 PM

Hi there!
I had to leave for some time, sorry for that
I won't have as much time as before but I won't leave for months anymore

The priority is of course to make pywallet able to deal with encrypted wallets
I can't give you any ETA but I'll do my best

Btw, thanks for your pull requests on Github, I'll check and commit them

Red Emerald

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2011, 07:40:52 PM

Hi there!
I had to leave for some time, sorry for that
I won't have as much time as before but I won't leave for months anymore

The priority is of course to make pywallet able to deal with encrypted wallets
I can't give you any ETA but I'll do my best

Btw, thanks for your pull requests on Github, I'll check and commit them

Thanks for the update!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: