Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:06:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pywallet 2.2: manage your wallet [Update required]  (Read 207935 times)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 06:25:21 AM

Out of curiosity: how can I calculate the version of a coin? As far as I've read, it has to do with the public address... but can't seem to find a way to see the version of a specific crypto.
http://btpp.jampa.eu/get_coin_version/?address=Xg7DzZQt3Fax69ozwJreFAmiBHxVoWWroc

It's just the first byte of DecodeBase58Check(address)

Thank you! Smiley Which Python should I use? 3.4.1 or 2.7.8 ? Which one are you using? Huh Smiley

~~MZ~~

Pywallet runs only with 2.x but DecodeBase58Check should work with 3

Okay! Smiley When I read the comparison table of Python 2.7 and 3, I think 3 is bit better but still most of them are non-compatible with 3. So, will Pywallet be compatible with 3 in future?

~~MZ~~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:24:18 AM

Out of curiosity: how can I calculate the version of a coin? As far as I've read, it has to do with the public address... but can't seem to find a way to see the version of a specific crypto.
http://btpp.jampa.eu/get_coin_version/?address=Xg7DzZQt3Fax69ozwJreFAmiBHxVoWWroc

It's just the first byte of DecodeBase58Check(address)

Thank you! Smiley Which Python should I use? 3.4.1 or 2.7.8 ? Which one are you using? Huh Smiley

~~MZ~~

Pywallet runs only with 2.x but DecodeBase58Check should work with 3

Okay! Smiley When I read the comparison table of Python 2.7 and 3, I think 3 is bit better but still most of them are non-compatible with 3. So, will Pywallet be compatible with 3 in future?

~~MZ~~

Not in the near future, I don't have much free time and I prefer focusing on fixes and features

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 03:26:34 PM

Just to be sure.

Pywallet need Bitcoin Core right ?
Muhammed Zakir

Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 04:41:35 PM

Just to be sure.

Yes, but I think it can be used for wallet.dat by changing the directory, I am not sure about it though.

~~MZ~~

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:31:04 PM

Just to be sure.

It does not, it can be used standalone.
sbrzol

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 12:26:27 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2014, 10:42:26 AM by sbrzol

I recovered my bitcoin qt (0.85,32bit) wallet.dat (999 424 bytes) with pywallet in June. (salvage error)
I used the same password/passphrase at recovery.
i installed Armory but probably not created any wallet with it (no entry in armory log and no .wallet on my computer)
I installed Bitcon Core (64 bit), probably that caused the salvage error that i copied my wallet.dat file  :  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=667168.msg7534327#msg7534327
The bitcoin core/armory/0.85 datadir changed many times , because i have no enough space on C.
Last week i opened Bitcoin (probably bitcoin Core, not the 0.85) but got an "error salvage" again, i replaced the wallet.dat (999 424 bytes, corrupt file) with another wallet.dat i have found (712 704 bytes) and the Bitcoin Core opened, but i was not able to send btc because my passphare is wrong Huh

I recovered the corrupted wallet.dat (999 424 bytes) again the same way earlier but this new wallet.dat is only 278 528 bytes  (more less than 712 704 bytes, i have found earlier, i do not understand why is 500 000 bytes difference between these 2 wallat.dat , should be about the same )  i could load it into bitcoin core but i cant send any bitcoin , passphrase is incorrect ,   available balance shows that probably i did not make any new transaction ( i use the passphrase that i set at pywallet dump recovery , i cant imagine that i modifed passphrase or reencrypted my wallet with bitcoin qt after it loaded)

I tried to recover wallet.dat (712 704 bytes) with pywallet, but the passphrase is wrong.

What is happening here?      

I am sure (99%) that i gave the same passphrase at my first recovery, and after i recoverd my wallet.dat 99% that i did not make any transaction , so probably i would not have been able to make any transaction in June too with this recovered wallet too.

1% is that i gave another passphrase than earlier, i tried at least 50 passwords, but none of them was good,  earlier i used 12 characters , which is only 6 but repeated twice
(What is the shortest lenght for passphrase?   if 12 then my (new) password is only 6 but  repeated  twice )

please give me some hint , thx

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56424.msg9263763#msg9263763    
here i have another 3 posts , first time i thought it was Armory but now i am not sure about it.

i found this topic to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=790407.0  Bitcoin Core won't take my passphrase
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=646449.0   Bitcoin-qt Passphrase stopped working after clone/ghost of hard drive

davo

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:37:31 AM

Hello i have a question,

i have a corrupt wallet.dat file with coins in it. and i like to get them back.
now i also have a wallet that's working very good, now for  a test i copied the wallet.dat from appdata to my C:
now i have done this:

Install Python 2.7 and download pywallet to your c:\ drive.
Copy wallet.dat file to c:\
Open a Command Prompt and type:
C:\>pywallet.py --dumpwallet --datadir c:\  --wallet=wallet.dat --recover --recov_device=c:\wallet.dat --recov_size=416Gio --recov_outputdir=F:\
It should extract all the keys to a new wallet on F:\ Copy the new wallet.dat to the c:\users\USERNAME\Appdata\Roaming\Bitcoin folder

when i have done that i have those files on my F: drive:
pywallet_partial_recovery_1413857812.dat
recovered_wallet_1413857869.dat
log.0000000001
__db.006
__db.005
__db.004
__db.003
__db.002
__db.001

then i copied all the files to my \appdata
i renamed: recovered_wallet_1413857869.dat to: wallet.dat
then restarted the QT.
Now in the original wallet i used for the test i had, 0.8 coins (not BTC)
But when QT has started i don't see the 0.8coins back ?
i did not delete the:
chainstate
blocks

from the \appdata.
do i need to delete those folders before i copyed the files to \appdata ?
or am i doing something also wrong ?
Cot the info to do this from google.

any help i appreciated

Greatings

btchris

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 04:51:17 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2014, 07:57:48 PM by btchris

i could load it into bitcoin core but i cant send any bitcoin , passphrase is incorrect ,   available balance shows that probably i did not make any new transaction ( i use the passphrase that i set at pywallet dump recovery , i cant imagine that i modifed passphrase or reencrypted my wallet with bitcoin qt after it loaded)

Earlier versions of pywallet prior to September 8th had a bug which would, under some circumstances, cause it to create a recovered wallet with a password that didn't work in Bitcoin Core. It might be possible that you were affected by this bug.

I'd try this:
  1. Close Bitcoin Core, and then make a backup of all of your current wallet files (preferably onto a different drive or USB stick).
  2. Download the current version of pywallet from here (the download zip button is on the right): https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet
  3. Choose a wallet.dat file that was showing the correct balance in Bitcoin Core, but whose password wasn't working, and run a pywallet recovery on it.
  4. Check if you can send a transaction, or simply sign a message, in Bitcoin Core with the recovered wallet.

Let us know if this works with one of your wallet files, or if it fails with all of them. Good luck.

Edited to add: I agree with those responding to you in the Armory thread that you probably never created an Armory wallet, and that Armory is probably unrelated to any of your Bitcoin funds (because you're able to see your balance in Bitcoin Core).
btchris

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 05:19:45 PM

Hello i have a question,

You'll need to run bitcoin-qt with the -rescan option, e.g. close Bitcoin Core, then go to Start -> Run, and type "C:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe -rescan".
davo

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:28:04 PM

Hello i have a question,

You'll need to run bitcoin-qt with the -rescan option, e.g. close Bitcoin Core, then go to Start -> Run, and type "C:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe -rescan".

Thanks! that fixed it, now i can try to get my coins back.

Thanks again

Greating
sbrzol

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:59:02 PM

i could load it into bitcoin core but i cant send any bitcoin , passphrase is incorrect ,   available balance shows that probably i did not make any new transaction ( i use the passphrase that i set at pywallet dump recovery , i cant imagine that i modifed passphrase or reencrypted my wallet with bitcoin qt after it loaded)

Earlier versions of pywallet prior to September 8th had a bug which would, under some circumstances, cause it create a recovered wallet with a password that didn't work in Bitcoin Core. It might be possible that you were affected by this bug.

I'd try this:
  1. Close Bitcoin Core, and then make a backup of all of your current wallet files (preferably onto a different drive or USB stick).
  2. Download the current version of pywallet from here (the download zip button is on the right): https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet
  3. Choose a wallet.dat file that was showing the correct balance in Bitcoin Core, but whose password wasn't working, and run a pywallet recovery on it.
  4. Check if you can send a transaction, or simply sign a message, in Bitcoin Core with the recovered wallet.

Let us know if this works with one of your wallet files, or if it fails with all of them. Good luck.

Edited to add: I agree with those responding to you in the Armory thread that you probably never created an Armory wallet, and that Armory is probably unrelated to any of your Bitcoin funds (because you're able to see your balance in Bitcoin Core).

Thank you very much, it worked,   (first time 0 balance, but with -rescan parameter now it is  Ok, passphare works again)
btchris

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 08:02:50 PM

Thanks! that fixed it, now i can try to get my coins back.

Thanks again

Greating

Thank you very much, it worked,   (first time 0 balance, but with -rescan parameter now it is  Ok, passphare works again)

Great to hear, but don't thank me, thank jackjack! Smiley
uncaer9

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 07:21:26 AM

Hi
Thanks for this Pywallet tool, and keeping it up to date !
I managed to dump my wallet.dat to a file.
But in this file, how can I list my receiving addresses only?
This mean I don not want the pool addresses, the transaction addresses, the addresses I sent BTC to.....

Example, if I do :
grep "addr" mywalletdump.txt I get more than 100 records... and most of them DO have private keys... but I don't know what these addresses are.
What should I "grep" to find only my own bitcoin addresses ?

Thanks !

PS : also I wonder... about all these unknown addresses with a private key... are these those "already prepared" if some day I create a new BTC receiving address in my client?

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
     ▄████▀                 ▀████▄
   ▄███▀
  ▄██▀
 ▄██▀   ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██▀    ████████▀▀   ▀▀████████
███     ██████▀  ██▄▄   ▀██████     ███
███     ██████   ██████  ██████     ███
███     ██████▄  ██▀▀   ▄██████     ███
▀██▄    ████████▄▄   ▄▄████████    ▄██▀
 ▀██▄   ▀█████████████████████▀   ▄██▀
  ▀██▄                           ▄██▀
   ▀███▄                       ▄███▀
     ▀████▄                 ▄████▀
       ▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
           ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀
PUREVIDZ█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
▀▀▀▀▀
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
▀▀▀▀▀
[][████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄               ▄█████▄   ▄▄
██▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄        ▄█████████████▀
▀█████▄▄     ████████████▀
 ▀██████████▄████████████
█████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████████
   ███████████████████
    ▀▀██████████████▀
     ▄▄███████████▀
▀███████████████▀
  ▀▀████████▀▀
]█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
▀▀▀▀▀
btchris

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 02:59:08 PM

I managed to dump my wallet.dat to a file.
But in this file, how can I list my receiving addresses only?
This mean I don not want the pool addresses, the transaction addresses, the addresses I sent BTC to.....

Example, if I do :
grep "addr" mywalletdump.txt I get more than 100 records... and most of them DO have private keys... but I don't know what these addresses are.
What should I "grep" to find only my own bitcoin addresses ?

Try this to get the same list of addresses that's displayed in the GUI (they all have a reserved:0 in the wallet dumpfile):

Code:
python -c "import sys,json;s=open(sys.argv[1]).read();print '\n'.join(k['addr'] for k in json.loads('{'+s[s.index('keys')-1:])['keys'] if not k['reserve'])" THE_WALLET_DUMPFILE.TXT

PS : also I wonder... about all these unknown addresses with a private key... are these those "already prepared" if some day I create a new BTC receiving address in my client?

The other addresses with keys are a result of change and the key pool.
zoro1

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 09:41:38 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2014, 08:25:38 AM by zoro1

can this program be used with other coins?
i have a dogecoin corrupted wallet Sad
thanks

edit: yes it can, but the wallet is so corrupted that nothing can be shown  Sad

https://storjtalk.org/index.php
storj:decentralized cloud and much more!
topcoinking

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:05:22 AM

Thanks i think i will look into this Smiley
terrytibbs

Merit: 501

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 11:47:14 AM

thanks

You might be able to recover the private keys using this tool: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25091.0

Pass it the corrupted wallet directly:
Code:
./wallet-recover corruptedWallet.dat recoveredWallet.dat
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 11:46:09 AM

thanks

It should work if dogecoin has the same wallet format than bitcoin. If not then it won't find anything.
Try recovering a working dogecoin wallet: if pywallet doesn't find anything then I'll have to edit pywallet a bit to find dgc wallets

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Mithril1977

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:02:03 PM

JackJack,

do you have any plans to support AES encrypted JSON wallets in future releases? I've toyed around with PYwallet and its cool!
btchris

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 09:12:12 PM

JackJack,

do you have any plans to support AES encrypted JSON wallets in future releases? I've toyed around with PYwallet and its cool!

Are you talking about Blockchain.info wallets? That's the only wallet client I can think of that uses AES encrypted JSON. Or something else?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: