Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:15:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to hold coins in 2018  (Read 2495 times)
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:52:06 PM

right now, im holding cardano from my loss back in march until now. i made myself clear to hold the coin because from what i have heard cardano is a promising coin out there. it has it own blockchain... in my decision making, members of this forum takes a big part of it.
Cardano (ADA)
$0.215504 USD (-7.04%)
0.00002871 BTC (-4.53%) it's today price. I am afraid of this price. I don't feel safe to invest my money in this coin. I prefer ethereum mostly instead of this coin.

Better to see this link " https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cardano/  "

As you can see, cardano is on the top/rank 7 on coinmarketcap.com, which is one of the most profitable alternative coins/token in crypto community. Don't worry too much about the negative percentage right now, because it's the nature of crypto currencies, a chain reaction when bitcoin goes down. It will affect others immediately folks, but the survivability is good in the current position.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alkhalifi69

Activity: 307
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:55:01 PM

in investing in the world of cryptocurrency or bitcoin we should be able to choose or make sure which coin is good for investment. whether you want a long term investment or you want a short term investment.
this is the same as your question, how long do we have to hold our coin?
if you have confidence in short-term investing you can buy coin ADA, XLM, AND XRP. I think this is a good coin and fast movement.
and if you want to invest long-term you can buy bitcoin, ignis, and also nxt.
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:55:21 PM

2018 will be the year of outbreak of crypto:) Could be the end of the year
Just keep waiting till the last quarter comes, just be balance, expect good and bad too. That is the nature of crypto currencies, we don't know what will happen in the next second on this crazy movement of crypto market. Be positive folks
Kirito-kun

Activity: 220

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:51:22 PM

You can create a list if you want to hold the coins in 2018. I will suggest you to buy altcoins and it will be 50% for Long Time altcoin hold and 20% Short time altcoin And the remaining 30% will be allocated for buying Bitcoin. The current time is a good time to buy coins because the market is down a lot. But it will be best to see the market's coins chart and research it. And decide from it.
To hold coins it should be carefully selected and ensure its profitability because its very risky if we failed to choose the right cryptocurrency.
I think the best way to buy a removable wallet such as Trezor or Ledger and put coins there for a long time.
Indeed, having cold storage such as trezor and ledger might be one of the good idea but it is still better if we will diversify it into two or more different wallet in order to prevent unpleasant things to happen and I do believe in saying that "don't put all of your eggs in one basket". It is better for us be ready before its too late isn't?

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Johnny_ric0

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:55:00 PM

I would just add to diverse your portfolio - at least 5-10 coins. Avoid to have everything for example in ethereum or Bitcoin, and have some amounts in others too - depending if you would prefer rather have small profits, but sustainable (BTC) or higher profits at higher risks (ALTcoins). It is kind of dependable of what risk apetite do you have.
russ26

Activity: 65

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:57:23 PM

How long should we hold coins?
In the past 3 weeks, despite all the risks, many investors have hold a large number of coins such as TRX, XVG, XRP, ADA, etc. ranging from good to bad coins including DGB, DOGE.

Getting back a little bit with the psychology of human beings: we are always afraid but very pleasure when others talk about profit. When some coin prices are falling, you only see the negative things in it: "It will surely keep falling, so it’s better to stay away". When it turns back up: "It will plunge again sooner or later?" But when it's high up then: "It will no longer fall".

As an investor, you will have to understand a coin before investing money in it. You should evaluate and consider everything before making the decision to buy and hold for a long term (for 6 months to 1 year , or at least 3 months for the most impatient investors). Because one cycle of increase / decrease of a coin usually lasts for 2 months, understanding coin will give you confidence, psychological preparedness before facing the falling prices

The criteria to assess a coin:
1. General information about that coin
2. The purpose of generating the coin
3. The dev team (do more or say much)?
4. What is the current product? In what stage?
5. Are there existing customers? Potential customers?
6. Vision of future coin? Is it realistic or just expressed in words?
7. Scalability?  Can it be accepted by the public? Is it possible to apply to everyday life?

I spend little time tracking the prices. Most of the time is spent on reading news, evaluating coins to make investment decisions. I also spend only 10-15 minutes on technical analysis (It’s not because I view it as unimportant, I’m just get used to it). As a result, I have bought a lot of coin at a very good price. I bought when you were there saying: how can it increase again. I left you far behind, at present, it is greatly safe for all my investments because my investment value has increased by several to tens of times.

You can say whatever in case of rising price, even when you invest in shitcoin. However, when the price falls this low, my balance seems to keep stable thanks to my calculation and comprehensive knowledge about coins. Once investing in a coin, I strongly believe in its future. I choose the right time to buy more coins without any fear of risk!

So how long to hold coins? The answer is that you go learn more thoroughly and comprehensively about the coins you want to invest in and make your decisions.

It doesn't even change on how you hold it wayback before. As I see holding bitcoin within a specific amount of time isn't as good as what you really think, because for me holding bitcoin or other coins existing depends on its individual price because if you hold it depending on the time scheduled to hold it then the market price drop, would you dare to sell it? For me it is a no because there will be no profit there and definitely you will only lose your money. So, that's my point.
Evil eye

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:11:45 PM

How long should we hold coins?
In the past 3 weeks, despite all the risks, many investors have hold a large number of coins such as TRX, XVG, XRP, ADA, etc. ranging from good to bad coins including DGB, DOGE.

Getting back a little bit with the psychology of human beings: we are always afraid but very pleasure when others talk about profit. When some coin prices are falling, you only see the negative things in it: "It will surely keep falling, so it’s better to stay away". When it turns back up: "It will plunge again sooner or later?" But when it's high up then: "It will no longer fall".

As an investor, you will have to understand a coin before investing money in it. You should evaluate and consider everything before making the decision to buy and hold for a long term (for 6 months to 1 year , or at least 3 months for the most impatient investors). Because one cycle of increase / decrease of a coin usually lasts for 2 months, understanding coin will give you confidence, psychological preparedness before facing the falling prices

The criteria to assess a coin:
1. General information about that coin
2. The purpose of generating the coin
3. The dev team (do more or say much)?
4. What is the current product? In what stage?
5. Are there existing customers? Potential customers?
6. Vision of future coin? Is it realistic or just expressed in words?
7. Scalability?  Can it be accepted by the public? Is it possible to apply to everyday life?

I spend little time tracking the prices. Most of the time is spent on reading news, evaluating coins to make investment decisions. I also spend only 10-15 minutes on technical analysis (It’s not because I view it as unimportant, I’m just get used to it). As a result, I have bought a lot of coin at a very good price. I bought when you were there saying: how can it increase again. I left you far behind, at present, it is greatly safe for all my investments because my investment value has increased by several to tens of times.

You can say whatever in case of rising price, even when you invest in shitcoin. However, when the price falls this low, my balance seems to keep stable thanks to my calculation and comprehensive knowledge about coins. Once investing in a coin, I strongly believe in its future. I choose the right time to buy more coins without any fear of risk!

So how long to hold coins? The answer is that you go learn more thoroughly and comprehensively about the coins you want to invest in and make your decisions.

I can not tell you how long you should hold your currency. The reason for how long the coin will be kept depends on your desire and exchange market conditions. If you hold Bitcoin or any other currency, then it should be left or sold in the market when the price of that currency increases. If the price falls, then do not sell your currency for a few days, wait for the price to rise one time. Only then will you benefit. Hope you understand my opinion.
Bugatti73

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:31:29 PM

I think that today that's better to diversify tokens and coins on the exchanges and at the same time on the wallets like Ledger or Trezor.
MrDom2

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:11:57 PM

http://bitcoinist.com/3-icos-huge-potential-2018/
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:50:41 AM

right now, im holding cardano from my loss back in march until now. i made myself clear to hold the coin because from what i have heard cardano is a promising coin out there. it has it own blockchain... in my decision making, members of this forum takes a big part of it.
Cardano (ADA)
$0.215504 USD (-7.04%)
0.00002871 BTC (-4.53%) it's today price. I am afraid of this price. I don't feel safe to invest my money in this coin. I prefer ethereum mostly instead of this coin.
Everyone has his own choice and that he invests his money into the coin which suits him the most. It is then his own hard work and the personal efforts which then help him in making of some good earning at the end of the day. I will suggest you go for wither bitcoin or any of the altcoin and then keep on holding that coin for some good time as this will then help you in much better way than any other coin.
Bugatti73

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:21:09 PM

Thanks for the link, but there is another topic for discussion here. Anyway, thanks.
Activitycoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:12:19 PM

Just keep waiting till the last quarter comes, just be balance, expect good and bad too. That is the nature of crypto currencies, we don't know what will happen in the next second on this crazy movement of crypto market. Be positive folks
Yes it is not very easy to make right predictions about price of bitcoin but according to market situation we can make it right to some extent, right now bitcoin price is not very much high but if we take look of increasing and acceptance graph we will see how nicely bitcoin is moving so I am sure price of bitcoin will be good at the end of 2018 and having patience till then can expand our profit very high, I think it will be highest this year so hold and selling now would be panic selling so hold it with patience.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:15:15 AM

In my opinion Coins to hold in 2018 are security tokens and blockchain platforms thats  are fast and scalable. beside those utility tokens with that's provides divident can also be counted for long term hold.

I think to hold a coin we need the only one thing is patience level if you lose patient level then all are going wrong so follow this steps not only for bitcoin but also in other fields.
Your point of view as bitcoin is not only a currency you will have to be patience for but also there are a lot of jobs and investments that you will earn high amount of profit only by keeping patience and hold. Bitcoin is best currency for you if you are having patience and you go to hold your investment for long time, patience actually increasing your profit by protecting you from selling your bitcoin at panic so you earn more with patience.
Well, it totally depends on everyone as the whole HODL idea is just over stated most of the time. Sure, hold until you get to see some huge movement, but I do not want to be holding, then, the market starts doing great and still holding when the trend is changing for most of those alts.

That is an absurd mistake which i would not even be making again this year. Hold coins by buying at the dip and monitor their trend in the market and sell them when it changes.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:58:49 AM

Yes it is not very easy to make right predictions about price of bitcoin but according to market situation we can make it right to some extent, right now bitcoin price is not very much high but if we take look of increasing and acceptance graph we will see how nicely bitcoin is moving so I am sure price of bitcoin will be good at the end of 2018 and having patience till then can expand our profit very high, I think it will be highest this year so hold and selling now would be panic selling so hold it with patience.
Patience becomes a very important point in maximizing ourselves to do a holding coin. With patience then we can get a chance to be able to get a good momentum in reaching for profit. This is a very appropriate way to use when we feel confused, therefore we can avoid panic. Wait until we get a good momentum because then we will get maximum results.
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:07:09 AM

Thanks for the link, but there is another topic for discussion here. Anyway, thanks.
Yes not every person think the same some hates bitcoin and some really love it, I am bitcoin lover and I invest every year in bitcoin to get my money high, it is time when we are using bitcoin at payment and some are using to start business but I think the best business could be the holding of bitcoin as buy low, hold with patience and sell high price so I am going to support bitcoin to hold for long time so have patience and keep on holding.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:13:24 AM

50/50 Bitcoin to altcoins. Trade with altcoins and convert them to BTC on highs.
Always a way to go. Buy the altcoins at the dip and when they start doing well and they are giving the good boost, you can just simply convert them eventually to bitcoin as I have known from the little experience I have had over the years now, that the best time to always watch out for is the FOMO run in altcoins, and that I do not want to miss at all this year by just simply holding and missing out on a huge profit at the end.
blackandred

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:20:16 PM

For,i will hold my coins until end of 2018,because in my own views bitcoin too much increase during every last month of the year. I also buy ethereum,and ibhave also some dogecoin in my wallet. I'll just keep it safe and waiting the day it increase more which i can earn a lot of profit without doing anything just holding for long term.
study historical data for previous years . in December , many coin prices will rise sharply . this rule cannot be applied to the future . i think the best strategy is to hold some quality coins . wait for it .
South Park

Activity: 2884
Merit: 794

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:45:14 PM

People really want to earn from cryptocurrency but end up losing everything including their principal they invested all in the motive of holding the cryptocurrency. Before you invest and think of holding, u need to consider some qualities of the coin including the team managers, partners, the project itself and the likes.
If you take the time to read the forum one of the most common advices is that you should not hold new coins for a long time, the only coin that everyone agrees is a good long term hold is bitcoin, some other members advice holding some of the altcoins at the top, but holding new coins coming from icos is not really recommended, now if you are lucky you could make a fortune in that way if you pick the right coin but that is incredibly difficult.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:48:18 AM

People really want to earn from cryptocurrency but end up losing everything including their principal they invested all in the motive of holding the cryptocurrency. Before you invest and think of holding, u need to consider some qualities of the coin including the team managers, partners, the project itself and the likes.
That is a must and I do not expect anyone to actually go outside this rule. The market is very volatile and most especially the altcoin market which makes it a market one need to be careful before investing so much in. Asides this, knowing the potential of a coin or token based on knowledge and not by assumption is always the thing that helps anyone hold it no matter the current market situation. It is not everyone that can trade, and as long as you cannot, better to hold, buy some more at dips and look forward to the long term. That is all that matters.

I believe that alts are always a good way to get some pretty good profit, but at the same time, they are also a good way to be losing so much in the market if care is not taken. A lot of them if not all, moves based on how bitcoin market moves and they only do well during bitcoin consolidation which I always try as much as possible to take into perspective before making any market decision.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
giarised

Activity: 357
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:25:27 AM

Cardano (ADA)
$0.215504 USD (-7.04%)
Everyone has his own choice and that he invests his money into the coin which suits him the most. It is then his own hard work and the personal efforts which then help him in making of some good earning at the end of the day. I will suggest you go for wither bitcoin or any of the altcoin and then keep on holding that coin for some good time as this will then help you in much better way than any other coin.
In my opinion better to search the market first before investment in cryptocurrency because there are more than 1000 crypto in the market and many of them became scam when they have no market cap. Converting to Ethereum is better option and you can make handsome money from Ethereum in the near future. Do not sell your coins in this day.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: