Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:25:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWBIE GUIDES for Pinned Threads and Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 192 times)
Moiyah (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:33:05 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2018, 05:24:06 AM by Moiyah

Before everything, let us differentiate THREAD vs POSTS.

Here is the great explanation of greg.harvey.

-THREAD is the initial *starting* post.
POST is a reply to a THREAD or a reply to a post within a thread.
POST is a form of COMMENT

What is pinned thread?
-An important thread thay may serve as a guide for all the newbies and members. It should be read by everyone as this may help a lot of members when, where and how to start posting in the forum.

Why is this pinned threads are important?
- Sometimes, we are unconsciously breaking the rules. To prevent that, pinned posts are usually located at the top of the section and it may include forum rules. This is to seems the awareness of everyone.

This is an example of a thread that is pinned:

Been reading a lot of repeated questions from newbies and they are seem lazy to use the search bar and only bump in didferent sections of the forum creating the same topic all over the forum. It just added spam posts/threads.

I've decided to start this thread to help especially newbies and guide them eventually with thier journey in this forum community.

Newbie must read this before posting

- I registered here in btalk forum and this is the very first thread I have read. It really help me before exploring deeper here.

Activity and merits explained here
- This explained when you are confused as why activity stopped at 14 and why merits is needed to ranked up.

Accounts hacked/unexpected loss passwords

General Forum Rules
-For me, this is the most important thread because forum rules and regulations are here. We can avoid breaking the rules by reading and following this thread.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q1.I am a newbie. How can I upload an image?

A1.This explains in a simplest way.

Q2.How can I earned in bitcoin?

A.Read this

Q3. Why are my posts deleted and got a message from forum moderator?

A. This is why

Q4.What is merits, how can I earned it?

A.If you want to know more about it, this may clear things up in more comprehensive way.

Q5. How to improve my English?

A1.Tman's encouragement words

A2.Jet Cash's Advice

All credits:
theymos,iasenko, mprep,
 Lauda,  hilariousandco, Tman, Jet Cash, Coolcryptovator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edundayo

Activity: 91
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:01:19 PM

Thanks for sharing, the activity and merit thread was a great read and refresher for me as I'm expecting to move to the next level soon.

A quitter never wins and winners never quit!
Moiyah (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:51:23 PM

Thanks for sharing, the activity and merit thread was a great read and refresher for me as I'm expecting to move to the next level soon.

Hope it helps. There are certain enlightening pinned thread that are really worth reading.
Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:20:03 AM

Hello can you help me please how to mention name of members in thread like you mentioned in last for credits.

Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:26:02 AM

Hello can you help me please how to mention name of members in thread like you mentioned in last for credits.
All credits:
theymos,iasenko, mprep,
 Lauda,  hilariousandco, Tman, Jet Cash, Coolcryptovator
how you mentioned their name with link can you teach me please.

Moiyah (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:36:37 AM

Here's how:

1.Go to someone else profile example my profile.
2.Then copy the profile link url.
3.Write this codes.

Turns out like this:
   Moiyah

Cheers!:-)

jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:15:07 PM

Here's how:

1.Go to someone else profile example my profile.
2.Then copy the profile link url.
3.Write this codes.

Turns out like this:
   Moiyah

This is wrong lol. This is the correct format:

Code:
[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1658787]Moiyah[/url]

It will end up like this: Moiyah
The easiest way to get a person's profile link is by clicking their name in a thread. The same is true even for your own profile link as clicking PROFILE doesn't give you the proper link.

Also, just so you know, this doesn't work like tagging in social media where the people you mentioned get notified.

This is also how you get a word/phrase to redirect to a link. Just edit the url and the word(s) between the url tags.

Minnasan

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:38:52 PM

This is wrong lol. This is the correct format:

Code:
[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1658787]Moiyah[/url]

It will end up like this: Moiyah
The easiest way to get a person's profile link is by clicking their name in a thread. The same is true even for your own profile link as clicking PROFILE doesn't give you the proper link.

Also, just so you know, this doesn't work like tagging in social media where the people you mentioned get notified.

This is also how you get a word/phrase to redirect to a link. Just edit the url and the word(s) between the url tags.

I was clicking that link

Turns out like this:
   Moiyah

and there I just move to BitcoinTalk Home page, I think he just didn't know how to get his profile link url...

Then for Moiyah if u really didn't know how to get your profile link url, better you go to this link...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   DICE.money   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀|   A NEW GENERATION SOCIAL CRYPTOCURRENCY   |▀
Mine the Architect

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:16:49 PM

Before everything, let us differentiate THREAD vs POSTS.

Here is the great explanation of greg.harvey.

-THREAD is the initial *starting* post.
POST is a reply to a THREAD or a reply to a post within a thread.
POST is a form of COMMENT

What is pinned thread?
-An important thread thay may serve as a guide for all the newbies and members. It should be read by everyone as this may help a lot of members when, where and how to start posting in the forum.

Why is this pinned posts are important?
- Sometimes, we are unconsciously breaking the rules. To prevent that, pinned posts are usually located at the top of the section and it may include forum rules. This is to seems the awareness of everyone.

This is an example of a thread that is pinned:

https://i.imgur.com/6jarXLY.jpg

Been reading a lot of repeated questions from newbies and they are seem lazy to use the search bar and only bump in didferent sections of the forum creating the same topic all over the forum. It just added spam posts/threads.

I've decided to start this thread to help especially newbies and guide them eventually with thier journey in this forum community.

Newbie must read this before posting

- I registered here in btalk forum and this is the very first thread I have read. It really help me before exploring deeper here.

Activity and merits explained here
- This explained when you are confused as why activity stopped at 14 and why merits is needed to ranked up.

Accounts hacked/unexpected loss passwords

General Forum Rules[
-For me, this is the most important thread because forum rules and regulations are here. We can avoid breaking the rules by reading and following this thread.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q1.I am a newbie. How can I upload an image?

A1.This explains in a simplest way.

Q2.How can I earned in bitcoin?

A.Read this

Q3. Why are my posts deleted and got a message from forum moderator?

A. This is why

Q4.What is merits, how can I earned it?

A.If you want to know more about it, this may clear things up in more comprehensive way.

Q5. How to improve my English?

A1.Tman's encouragement words

A2.Jet Cash's Advice

All credits:
theymos,iasenko, mprep,
 Lauda,  hilariousandco, Tman, Jet Cash, Coolcryptovator

that was very helpfull. thanks for the info mate,
Moiyah (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:21:32 AM

Snip-

Turns out like this:
   Moiyah

and there I just move to BitcoinTalk Home page, I think he just didn't know how to get his profile link url...

Then for Moiyah if u really didn't know how to get your profile link url, better you go to this link...

Oh, yeah seems like I didn't copy the whole profile link. Lol. My bad. Anyway, they are right. It will not tag the person here. Just to mention their name and will just redirected to their profile.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: