Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:42:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: damn... just sold all my btc for 8.7 and now it's 9.5  (Read 3352 times)
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 03:25:10 AM

Your up now  Grin! This will be one epic rally folks.
Nope, I'm thinking it will hover around 10$ for a few days. Even then the longterm bottom may not yet be reached. It may drop to 5$ before starting another longterm rise.
I don't think the miners will ever sell for a loss you are crazy. Most miners are barley breaking even at $8...

EDIT:
Lets thump everyone back to reality. The majority of this community consists of miners who have invested their time and money into this project. Vultures who have nothing better to do, or are to dumb to produce the same results we do want nothing more than to make us all go crazy, so we can sell our Bitcoins at ridiculous prices. Now what would happen if we all just held the fort down, and instead of exchanging our Bitcoins for dollars or euros , we spend them within our growing community https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade, You can literally find anything you want on that list, and believe me there are many many more services coming soon.. What do you think these speculators will do then when Bitcoins are a hot new commodity? They will drool over the coins thats what... I have heard some very good ideas, and there are some very smart people working behind the scenes to bring you some of the services that will make Bitcoins the currency that it was always meant to be. Much of this needs to be simplified that's true, but don't insult our intelligence by telling us that we have to sell our coins at an obvious loss. That sir simply is not going to happen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiwiasian

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 03:28:53 AM

Your up now  Grin! This will be one epic rally folks.
Nope, I'm thinking it will hover around 10$ for a few days. Even then the longterm bottom may not yet be reached. It may drop to 5$ before starting another longterm rise.
I don't think the miners will ever sell for a loss you are crazy. Most miners are barley breaking even at $8...

I've stopped mining at $15. At that price and difficulty I can only make $3 after electricity costs. That's with almost 1 GH/s, too.

Tradehill referral link, save 10% | http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R12328
www.payb.tc/kiwiasian | 1LHNW1JGMBo2e7rKiiFz7KJPKE57bqCdEC
Houdini

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 03:29:28 AM

Not everyone is a miner, and everyone including miners will sell if they think they're not going to be able to get anything for them later.
And you are obviously a self-promoting miner who is trying to manipulate public opinion to suit his own interests, just like many others in this thread are trying to manipulate public opinion to suit their own interests (especially that Edward50 or whatever guy whos EVERY post is about bitcoins falling !)...
And if you want to help miners, you can just quit the business ! The less miners there are, the lower the difficulty and the more they earn. So if you're such a self-sacrificing miner-crusader, go jump off a cliff for the good of other miners !  Cheesy  Grin

I've stopped mining at $15. At that price and difficulty I can only make $3 after electricity costs. That's with almost 1 GH/s, too.
Electricity costs now don't matter if you believe bitcoins will be a lot more valuable in the future.

Now what would happen if we all just held the fort down, and instead of exchanging our Bitcoins for dollars or euros , we spend them within our growing community https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade,
Selling BTC for dollars or buying goods with them is the same thing when it comes to the effect on the bitcoin price, because all traders immediately sell the BTC they get. So you'll crash the price in one way instead of another.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 03:34:11 AM

Not everyone is a miner, and everyone including miners will sell if they think they're not going to be able to get anything for them later.
And you are obviously a self-promoting miner who is trying to manipulate public opinion to suit his own interests, just like many others in this thread are trying to manipulate public opinion to suit their own interests (especially that Edward50 or whatever guy whos EVERY post is about bitcoins falling !)...
And if you want to help miners, you can just quit the business ! The less miners there are, the lower the difficulty and the more they earn. So if you're such a self-sacrificing miner-crusader, go jump off a cliff for the good of other miners !  Cheesy  Grin

Electricity costs now don't matter if you believe bitcoins will be a lot more valuable in the future.
Sounds like you want people to sell their money at a huge loss, so YOU can gobble them all up Smiley.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 03:36:41 AM

Your up now  Grin! This will be one epic rally folks.

I think its a bit premature to be calling that.

The underlying indicators just arent there atm and in fact even $10 is standing on a very thin sheet of ice.

Though I do agree that when the rally comes it will in fact be quite epic.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 06:10:07 PM

Selling BTC for dollars or buying goods with them is the same thing when it comes to the effect on the bitcoin price, because all traders immediately sell the BTC they get. So you'll crash the price in one way instead of another.

That is an inaccurate assumption.  Many traders hold onto their bitcoins or trade them for other goods.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 06:11:16 PM

i did buy a 8.7 Tongue

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
gacbmmml

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 07:58:29 PM

Oh man, this thread is hilarious... I sold all my BTC a few months ago for roughly $225 each.
Bitcoin BEAR

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 08:01:06 PM

Oh man, this thread is hilarious... I sold all my BTC a few months ago for roughly $225 each.

You win!!!1!one  Tongue
moiraine

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 08:02:22 PM

we grave diggin now
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:07:23 PM

Sold all?  As in, 100% of your holdings?  Do you have any intention to buy in again (or mine)?

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:11:26 PM

Sold all?  As in, 100% of your holdings?  Do you have any intention to buy in again (or mine)?

He can't. Wasted all his money on drugs, women, and booze.
rampantparanoia

Activity: 516
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:12:18 PM

and that's a bad thing... how?
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 10:23:37 PM

"I spent 90% of my money on women, drink and fast cars. The rest I wasted"
george best
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: