Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:06:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bitcoin is the most dominant?  (Read 725 times)
MCM10

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:35:21 PM

Bitcoin is the first Cryptocurrency after Ethereum, so it is only natural that Bitcoin is the most dominant and has a very high popularity.
of the value in the market price alone we can already see, if Bitcoin is still a market with the highest value after Ethereum.
So, in my opinion, Bitcoin will remain the first and most popular of its competitors.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
7Dyoknga5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:37:24 PM

Why bitcoin is the most dominant among all crytocurrencies?
Is it because it is the first crytocurrency?
Is it because of its popularity?
Is it because of its value?
Please enlighten me.

The 2nd and 3rd question is right. Bitcoin was the first coin introduced in the market and believed to be the pioneer of the innovation. It gained popularity afterwards because of its function to be used as an alternative for transactions.

The question of being the current best, is now in question.

right about that and because of its popularity, bitcoin are more accepted in some stores/ shops. Ethereum also rises to competetion as it now starts to be used by several purchasing apps.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:41:34 PM

Please enlighten me.
It's the most dominant currency because of its sustainability for such a long period of time despite the critical situations it has faced over the past years.

EEEian

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:42:19 PM

A more apt analogy is to compare crypto currencies with fiat currencies.You can compare and use Dollars,Euros,Rubles,Pesos... having choices of these currencies doesn't necessarily devalue the others.Instead,the price fluctuations between a basket of currencies provides risk stabilization and hedging opportunities.In the same way having a variety of fiat currencies actually stabilizes the fiat market,numerous crypto currencies steadies the digital money market.
princesspoppy

Activity: 634
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:42:46 PM

Please enlighten me.

What you've said above are some of the reasons why it is the most dominant cryptocurrency of all cryptos. Being the first cryptocurreny to be invented and launch gives it great advantage to be popular and well known and to lead the market. Also because of being the first crypto, it is the first coin to have great value/price for the reason that people thinks that it has the great potential leading the market. Also its feature of being decentralized is another advantage of bitcoin. These are only few of some more things that makes bitcoin to be the most dominant among all cryptos.
bitcoinjasensatom

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:49:52 PM

The most important feature of Cryptocurrencies are decentralization and anonymity. This is not only bitcoin has these advantages. There are many other coins better than bitcoin if you consider the transaction time and fees. So I think the popularity of bitcoin is the only reason.

I think Bitcoin will remain the dominant cryptocurrency for a very Long time it is because networks effects are really powerful at scale. Bitcoin is not static it is constantly improving, a fork off Bitcoin starts off much larger than a new cryptocurrency. In crypto there is no IP this is why Bitcoin won't end up like yahoo.
Coins and Hardwork

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:50:56 PM

Bitcoin is the most dominant digital currency since it is the most expensive and the first digital currency on the market. Bitcoin made a lot of people rich and a lot of people hoping to be on so they are supporting this digital currency making it the most dominant one.
Cutieh01

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:00:32 AM

Bitcoin is the most dominant digital currency since it is the most expensive and the first digital currency on the market. Bitcoin made a lot of people rich and a lot of people hoping to be on so they are supporting this digital currency making it the most dominant one.

For me Bitcoin is the most dominant cryptocurrency because of each longevity of existence and its blockchain technology which new tech developer are very resourceful. Many people having job opportunity through Bitcoin and earn more profits.
mackenzie5

Activity: 156

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:23:57 AM

Bitcoin is the most dominant among other crypto currencies because it is the first crypto currency started in the year 2009.By understanding the characteristics of bitcoin and knowing  the usability of the it, the computer oriented educated mass turned towards the bitcoin and hence  its popularity has increased. Bitcoin could achieve the market confidence so many people are attracted to it for their business. Bitcoins market capital is very high comparing with other crypto currencies also its daily trading volumes are comparatively high with other coins in the market.So bitcoin is dominating in the market.
Atits

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:38:21 AM

Bitcoin's dominance of the entire cryptocurrency market is at its lowest level ever.
Bitcoin hit a record high of $19,783.21 in December before plunging, but still rallied by over 1,300 percent in 2017.
The fall in bitcoin's supremacy is due to the rise of other cryptocurrencies such as ethereum and ripple.
Altas

Activity: 366
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:44:50 AM

As it is the one that moved on the successful track even when more and more digital assets have got into existence prior to bitcoin. Slowly it started to progress and begun it usage multipurpose. At the beginning it served just as a value storage token used into gambling and other illegal activities. This has lead to the dominance.
Dexion

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:01:28 AM

yes, because bitcoin is the first crypto to use the blockchain system, bitcoin has very good credibility, and because of its credibility, bitcoin attracts a lot of people, including big investors.
and in the end, bitcoin creates popularity, and creates a very high value until today and bitcoin dominate all altcoin.

Mazda17

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:03:25 AM

Bitcoins also known as crypto king is the oldest and by far the highest searched crypto coin in the market. People associate crypto and block chain with bitcoins. It gives higher value in returns than any asset class in the market. You can remain anonymous and no need to pay tax what more incentive you want.
Good thinking and I agree with the way you throw at us because I see for myself that the bitcoin is a crypto king that can not be replaced by another coin.
Bitcoin is often employed many people both in the market and when investing because the value of bitcoin is very high than the value of other coins, therefore the development of bitcoin very rapidly and easily followed by many people.
ipbitrung01

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:26:19 AM

Bitcoin dominates all other cryptanalysts as it comes out the earliest and has a large market worldwide. Other electronic money is generated later and based on Bitcoin technology. The high value and growth of Bitcoin, the most stable in the encoding world, is also a key factor in Bitcoin is dominance in the digital currency market.
jeromix
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

Ako Bayot!

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:33:56 AM

Because it is the first cryptocurrency and it has operated many years ago proven and tested on its function and operations. It is also established already around the world and many of the people investing on it believe and actually are earning with huge profit.

manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 04:36:20 AM

Yes actually you have nailed it sir when you stated above the following reason why bitcoin is dominant in cryptocurrency. There is no wonder though because i guess you are already known and had established already in this forum compared to me that i am not that knowledgeable in terms of the technicalities of the system.
roccstar

Activity: 174
Merit: 150

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:54:56 AM

Bitcoin is dominant because of its high value. Government from many country may have hard time in tracing and adding of taxes in every transactions made. Bitcoin is safe with a secured application. Bitcoin is fast in investing, in paying, in trading etc.
tonyja2017

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:25:51 AM

Please enlighten me.
Bitcoin is in the # 1 position in the Crypto market because it is the first Crypto, because it is well known and it brings a lot of benefits to businesses around the world. It makes the transactions quick and at low cost, and bitcoin is a pioneering e-currency in the high-tech sector. So it deserves to be # 1. Wink

TheShekelProject

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:27:11 AM

Please enlighten me.

The truth is simple. Criminals made bitcoin blow up, now legitimate institutions and institutional investors are involved. It's dominance started from criminals.
insikko0413

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:31:28 AM

Please enlighten me.

It's because among all crypto bitcoin is having the highest market cap.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: