Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:59:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bitcoin is the most dominant?  (Read 725 times)
d0flaming0

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:57:23 AM

Bitcoin has what is called the first-mover advantage, meaning being the first makes it the most recognizable and becomes a powerful advantage. Also it has a strong network effect due to being the first cryptocurrency.
the OP has already cited it all, and we all share the same reasons. due to its popularity, plenty of new investors are coming along the way, knowing also that it is a good investment for long term purposes, aside from it, plenty of people keep on trading it on daily basis which also makes its market alive for a certain reason, so aside from it many sprouting crypto tokens have been made with the same objective as the bitcoin but with different platforms.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:07:12 AM

Why bitcoin is the most dominant among all crytocurrencies?
Is it because it is the first crytocurrency?
Well there is the advantage of being the first cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is the one who started it all and it is still retaining its position being in the first place. When you are the first one who did it even in other things then you have the first mover advantage.

Is it because of its popularity?
Bitcoin is the most popular among all other cryptocurrencies because even some people who do not know about crypto industry knows about bitcoin and some even think that bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency. Some countries accept bitcoin but do not accept other cryptocurrencies that's why it has dominance compared to others.

Is it because of its value?
When people see the value of bitcoin compared to others, it would immediately attract their attention and then people would want a piece of it. Its value rise from nothing to almost $20k so people have hopes that it would rise again and then surpass its all time high that's why it is popular and the value of it has an effect to the value of other altcoins.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
kwarto

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:18:26 AM

bitcoin was the first and it has gain trust over time. many investor also are engage in bitcoin. the most valuable coin right now in the market, so many people are interested to know about bitcoin market and could gain much much profit overtime. i think holding the coin for at least 2years could give us huge profit.
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:40:00 AM

Please enlighten me.

it is because the total supply of bitcoin. it is very limited. moreover many peoples have lost their wallet.
the demands of bitcoin keep increased until now. this all causing bitcoin very dominant on coin value.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
JaxxBoll

Activity: 124

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:47:18 AM

Please enlighten me.

it is because the total supply of bitcoin. it is very limited. moreover many peoples have lost their wallet.
the demands of bitcoin keep increased until now. this all causing bitcoin very dominant on coin value.
As far as my opinion, bitcoin is so valuable because of its popularity. By comparison, the bitcoin technology is inferior to the new coin, but because bitcoin is a long-developed coin in the market so people trust bitcoin and this has made the price. Its value is high.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:56:26 AM

To me, Bitcoin has always been and will always be dominant in the near future UNLESS a new cryptocurrency will come by that has similar popularity brought about by its price BUT has something way better to offer in terms of transactions vis-a-vis transaction costs.

First thing I can think of when I try to elaborate on why Bitcoin remains king is because it pioneered the blockchain technology to which the world has gone crazy for. Second, it is undeniable that no cryptocurrency has ever come close in terms of its price that is more than enough to entice investors in general. Third, the appeal it has to the public has reached heights and dimensions that was once thought to be impossible brought about by governmental regulations. In other words, Bitcoin surpassed the usual- it clearly defied limits. 
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 09:09:50 AM

Yes. This is a given. Whoever or whatever came first usually dominates.

Yes. Since Bitcoin is the first, it's normal for it to gain popularity over the other currencies. Popularity brought about by media, community, and even governments.

Yes. Due to the demand and supply ratio which led to Bitcoin's high market capitalization made it the top and dominant digicoin at present. I believe that the only time Bitcoin will be outthroned is when the last Bitcoin has been mined. Now that is still a pretty long time from now.

CryptoProphet

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:15:42 AM

Please enlighten me.
Bitcoin is the guarantor of all crypto projects, the bitcoin price can be equated to the level of power of attorney for the crypto industry and all projects on blockchain.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 10:23:14 AM

Please enlighten me.
Bitcoin is the most dominant among all cryptocurrencies because obviously it is the pioneering, has the largest community, adoption, usage and legalization depending on every country. Altcoins are not that known by normal people they only heard of Bitcoin most especially here in my country. Bitcoin is the first tradable crypto into our local fiat currency here in my country and followed by Ethereum just recently. Popularity is one of the factors affecting the dominance of Bitcoin and it's value is just a bonus to it's supporters.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
dinar99

Activity: 88

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:26:19 AM

Please enlighten me.

I think why bitcoin is the dominant because The bitcoin is the first so popular and simple.
carrie_white

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:26:29 AM

I think bitcoin is the most dominant digital currency because bitcoin is the first digital currency to emerge, so it's popular in the community, but when viewed from 2017, bitcoin dominance is at 65%, but now only 36% means altcoin experiences a considerable increase

snaper14

Activity: 243

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:30:04 AM

the points you mentioned are all correct regarding the dominance of btc and another fact would be the media because anytime they mention the crypto world they do say btc where btc become the most popular one among the newcomers as well.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Radientgurkin

Activity: 182
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:39:32 AM

Why bitcoin is the most dominant?
Simply because it was the first crypto currency that was in a successful path..

Because its the first cryptocurrency to gain social acceptance throughout the world.

Have read through the responses and this one is probably the closest one imho.

The "war" for dominance is and will be a protocol war. Not a design war. Not a functionality war.

Newer ones will surface which are prettier (design) and faster (functionality), they may be added as medium of exchanges. But they will not replace BITCOIN as the main driver in crypto value.
The network (people, developers, miners) has already chosen Bitcoin. This is the one that will remain the bedrock protocol, no matter how crummy and ineffective it may seem in 10 years.

Compare it to TCP/IP or SMTP protocols. They are not the best solutions for information transfer, but they were adopted and chosen as the bedrock. The industry then gives up looking for alternatives and starts producing based on the consensus. All additional layers are added on top.

Other comparisons are:

-VCR vs BETA
-DVD vs Laserdisk
-Cassette vs 8-track

Summary:
The consensus is finished. This was a protocol war, and Bitcoin has already won (as a store of value)
AlexAtom

Activity: 560

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:07:49 PM

bitcoin is dominant because it is the most known cryptocurrency coin by peoples.
just ask your neighbor about bitcoin, they must have heard it some where. but altcoin, they will say dont know about that.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
seanskie18

Activity: 370

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:47:19 PM

I agreed that bitcoin is the most dominant among all cryptocurrencies now, I think it is all because bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency where it has many participants, investors and traders who used bitcoin to earn profit. Also, because of how popular bitcoin today and the value is increasing compare to fiat.

mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:53:01 PM

For me, i think its because bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency where it has many investors, traders and participants. Bitcoin has been successful path so many investors are interested on it and it is very suitable for long-term investment.
gandhe83

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:04:34 PM

Bitcoin dominates the cryptocurrency market because it is made the earliest and is supported by increasingly modern blockchain technology. It comes to the cryptocurrency market that everyone knows bitcoin and bitcoin as a coin representative on the cryptocurrency market.
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 03:14:37 PM

bitcoin is the most dominant among all cryptocurrencies, this is because bitcoin is the first time ico is made, and as you say, bitcoin popularity is very good in the public eye, many people are interested because the price is very expensive and very suitable for long-term investment

I agree since it is the very first cryptocurrency to be introduced I think it would be normal for bitcoin to dominate the market as it has become the vanguard of cryptocurrency to the world. People have set their expectations to other cryptocurrencies based on bitcoin and its characteristics making it the most ideal cryptocurrency in the market.

aitrading

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 03:20:24 PM

Because BTC is first and growth of popularity during last years.
Mazda17

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:03:33 PM

Bitcoin is dominant because of its high value. Government from many country may have hard time in tracing and adding of taxes in every transactions made. Bitcoin is safe with a secured application. Bitcoin is fast in investing, in paying, in trading etc.
A good opinion and I like your opinion.
It is true that bitcoin is very dominant in investing as well as transactions and fast in terms of payment so bitcoin can control many countries to use bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: