Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:36:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Can You Protect Ourselves From Scammers?  (Read 678 times)
Chuokie

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:36:43 PM

Yes, you are right but I think some people fall for it thinking everything is very easy. Don't be a victim, crypto can help you gain money but don't be greedy because it will result in your loss. Anything you think it is fishy then don't engage, investigate by doing research.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tetyulfania

Activity: 653
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:44:05 PM

You could protect your self from scammer where you can start it from some thing small where there are nothing transaction like ponzi. you have choose right ico to participated and know is good or not, you have see the vision and mision of this project ico where you could take more profit there. Just have to do to protect ourself from scammer and ico was fake all of investors. You have check by yourself first and never listen to the other.
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:49:12 PM

Like any get-rich-quick scheme, bitcoin scams thrive on the gullibility of its victims. Just because it's a digital currency doesn't mean you can acquire wealth quickly.

this is a potential risk so potential in the case of a scam. yes, some ico is very potential on scam element. it's hard to tell the difference with a really good ico for now. sometimes experienced managers participated fooled. so, in essence we should be more vigilant and always make research in advance in any speculation in crypto

notyours

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:56:13 PM

Like any get-rich-quick scheme, bitcoin scams thrive on the gullibility of its victims. Just because it's a digital currency doesn't mean you can acquire wealth quickly.

Sure and what we should do is be especially careful, it's Internet World. We do not know who and what kind of person we can talk about here. And of course, it's important to be sure not to believe fast on the fast rich scheme. Because this will definitely lead to a scam.
blue08

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:09:11 PM

You can protect yourselves from scammers by keeping safe your private key and password. Also, it is better to activate the 2FA authenticator of all your account. Then, be cautious upon logging in on your account and double check if the site you  opened is not a phishing site. There are some article or video that shows how you can detect a secured and phishing site.

VANIG.io
The World's first integrated E-Commerce and Supply Chain Ecosystem powered by Blockchain
https://vanig.io
grknondr

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:42:26 PM

I don't give my private keys to others and keep it safe also making sure that the website I entered is not a phishing site by bookmarking legitimate website. You could even land on a phishing site by mistyping a URL (web address).
[/quote
Of course nobody gives his/her private key to anyone. But too many people encounter scams and frauds. I dont know how this could be. What are the reasons for scams? For example, how can someone steal my asset?What should I do to protect myself?
deino

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:17:13 PM

if we want to protect ourselves from scammers, of course we must be observant in choosing a good ico for investment, especially now many new altcoins are popping up and they offer benefits, therefore we must be smart to analyze the prospect of ico to grow and we must continue to monitor prices exchange
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:19:17 PM

Scammers are generally intelligent and that is why some people fall victim. I can remember vividly well during the period when I use to invest in high yield investment programme. seeing those flashy site make me think the programme is geniue because then I am of opinion that such robust site can not be build simply to defraud people but today I have seeing that people fall to scammers due to little knowledge on what they are investing on or being gullible some people want to get rich quickly that they forget they can be defrauded as well
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:24:56 PM

The best way to protect yourself from scammers is to doubt everything, question everything, do your own researches and never ever trust someone who promises you to get you rich quickly.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Irinagoduna1

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:27:52 AM

People come across tricks of swindlers because of their inattention or greed, if you aren't greedy then you'll not be able to be deceived
maman567

Activity: 648

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:37:22 AM

I have my way how to protect my self from scammer and fake project ico and bounty campaign. I always look at the team of their ico project, always joining best team ico and bounty campaign because can get payment at the end of bounty campaign. By investing in ico project always look at the owner of ico project and always looking trust owner and they have good reputation in their project before. I have been success in choose many ico and campaign.
coinbergh

Activity: 532
Merit: 29

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:33:21 AM

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't true. If a tweet said "send us 1 ethereum and instantly earn 5 ethereum", this is a totally scam. This is a simple method but people send their coins to scammers. Because they are so greedy to get money.

Also try to be careful for phishing fraud. Check browser's adress bar and website licences on cryptocurrency exchanges. On the other hand keep private keys and passwords on paper. These are important steps for protection in my opinion.
sourish

Merit: 114

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:39:52 AM

Each needs to protect themselves, there is greater awareness now, with the help of this community. Resist greed, thats the first thing one needs to fight, because scammers thrive on that, educate yourselves with proper research, without rushing into anything. Ask around, within the forum, and pay special attention to security, whether with passwords or personal information.
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:49:09 AM

Careful and high knowledge are the main key on how to evade groups of scammers, in crypto business, a lots of scammers who are here looking for their next vctims, and to avoid on that, just look forward on their platform and easily detect on how the way they attract people, because scammers are different in terms of people attractions, on how the way they attract people to come on their business.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
ipbitrung01

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:03:00 AM

I think only myself can protect myself from fraud. To make the right decision, I have to learn a lot in books, on forums, in the media, learning through experts, friends, colleagues ... to know about this attractive market. Self-study and accumulate experience for yourself. And must regularly monitor market research. Must have passion and ability to take risks...
Furious 7

Activity: 2856
Merit: 644

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:14:48 AM

Accuracy is needed to avoid scamers, if you invest then you must know the identity of the team through linkedin.
At least you have done the best preventive measures, it's the best way to stay away from scamers.  Angry

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
maxim000

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:54:23 AM

1Remain alert and vigilant. Do not trust anyone and do not share your key.
2Keep your crypto safe in hard wallet like trezor or other wallets like electrum.
3Do not share your key in shady links, be assured , double check , stay intune with your mind and intutive power.
Tosyn2

Activity: 566

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:36:06 AM

It surprise me how scammers have their way in scamming people successfully. Their victims must be a greedy human being, how will some say bring 5 collect 40 it is insane i believe nothing is free in this life, you have to work to earn.
Braydean

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:53:44 AM

As much as possible put a security to all your funds and change all your password into very defficult.
kier010

Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:08:52 AM

usually when the offer is too good to be true suspect it already and avoid it. victims usually are the newbies the newly entered investor. they don't have knowledge yet about how cryptocurrency have a bad side. they got attracted by the profit they can gain but forgot they will get scammed too. there are many ways to avoid being scammed and to know that research first and learn.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: