Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 03:02:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Redirecting yourwebsite to yourwebsite.com/bitcoinaddress  (Read 953 times)
remotemass (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1017

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 03:42:20 AM

I think this is a super cool and interesting idea with a lot of potential.
We would make this a popular trend.
When visiting yourwebsite.com it would redirect to yourwebsite.com/bitcoinaddress
People would realize that they could type any bitcoin address there or anythings they wanted.
If typed something that was not a bitcoin address, an error page would say:
"Excuse us, we are afraid this is not a bitcoin address. Please try with a real bitcoin address and we will tip you."
If typed with a real bitcoin address it you would say: "We have just tip-ed you some bitcoins because it is the first time your ip address visits this page in the last hour or so".
Do you get the idea? How cool is it?! IC...  Tongue

A kind of faucet. Every hour or so the money received will be tip-ed in the next hour to users that request it with unique ip visits.

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:45:22 AM

Sounds cool, let me know when you implement it.  I'd like to stop by for some coins.
remotemass (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1017

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 03:55:36 AM

Just imagine that wordpress.org did implement this simple logic. Or any other important website.
Imagine any section of a website that can be put in a URL link being redirected to that link followed by forward slash and a bitcoin address that would be like a faucet to tip anyone that with a unique ip visits that page. Wow!

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
Mondy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:12:10 AM

This sounds cool! Just like a faucet.

kostagr33k

Activity: 309
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:15:31 AM

Unfortunately all the faucet sites I've been do make you enter your address manually with a captcha. If you just have to go to a URL, you are inviting people to script a bot to do the work for you. Once you add TOR and other anonymizing services, you have limitless opportunity.

I think its a great idea, but some detail would be needed to prevent gaming the system.

Kosta
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: