Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:44:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin the future of marriage?  (Read 1426 times)
anti-scam (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:38:53 PM

In the future, will putting your and your partner's assets behind two required signatures be the equivalent of saying "I do"? If you don't understand what I'm talking about:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BIP_0011

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:44:12 PM

I don't know about that but soon we 'll see bitcoins mentioned in prenups Tongue
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:05:57 PM

I don't know about that but soon we 'll see bitcoins mentioned in prenups Tongue

if you need to write a prenup then you have failed already.

not just the fact that the 'other half' may leave you someday to think a prenup is needed, but also that you dont have a separate bank account/ paperwallet to put YOUR hard work into.

most successful marriages are where both people only put in a percentage of each of their personal earnings into a single pot. then if divorsed its easy to manage who owns what and what needs to be split by checking which account paid for it.

EG my new car paid with my bank account = mine after divorse.
the house paid for using the joint account meaning the house gets split.

if you manage your funds right from the start there are no need for special contracts, only trust. and if you cant trust someone.. dont marry them

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Siegfried

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:10:01 PM

not just the fact that the 'other half' may leave you someday to think a prenup is needed, but also that you dont have a separate bank account/ paperwallet to put YOUR hard work into.

most successful marriages are where both people only put in a percentage of each of their personal earnings into a single pot. then if divorsed its easy to manage who owns what and what needs to be split by checking which account paid for it.

if you manage your funds right from the start there are no need for special contracts, only trust. and if you cant trust someone.. dont marry them

Someone should have told Tiger Woods that.
iarsenaux

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:13:01 PM

i actually dont understand the arguments presented but the only thing i know is im getting married this coming January because bitcoin made me earn $20k to spend for it. Smiley
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:49:29 PM

Someone should have told Tiger Woods that.

Yeah but it tiger woods dirt poor after his divorce? No. He owes his ex wife money before she gave some of the best years of her life to that relationship and she shouldn't have to worry about having to makeup for lost time. Fair is fair. If you knew you would have to go it alone you would manage your life differently. Being in a relationship means you are responsible also for what happens to your partner after you go your separate ways. The time a partner spends with you is valuable in and of itself. You don't just get to 'ditch' a person because you're done with them.

more or less retired.
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:03:52 AM

Are you so romantic or so fool? Being realistic is not a sign of failure but a sign that a marriage is a mature decision from both parties.
Also you may want to take a look at the statistics about marriages  Tongue
virtualmaster

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:33:21 PM

In the future, will putting your and your partner's assets behind two required signatures be the equivalent of saying "I do"? If you don't understand what I'm talking about:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BIP_0011
'Re: Is Bitcoin the future of marriage?'
Oh YES.
This is the beginning of Namecoin Marriage.
A new Namespace marriage/ will be created.
Given two Namecoin identities id/bob and id/alice want to marry.
Then a namespace entry marriage/bob_alice will be created and they sign it both with their Namecoin private key.
In their Namecoin Passport https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=344488.0 they can receive a married status.
They will also receive a set of shared Bitcoin and Namecoin keys if they need to make common decisions.

By the online wedding they need to swear on the Cryptogenesys. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=340892.0

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:10:09 PM

Are you so romantic or so fool? Being realistic is not a sign of failure but a sign that a marriage is a mature decision from both parties.
Also you may want to take a look at the statistics about marriages  Tongue

he's nuts. good luck to him going into a marriage without a prenup, unless the wife has more money than he does  Cheesy

bitcoin would be a nice way of hiding money from a SO you're about to divorce though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: