Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:12:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need 4.5 BTC Loan - Repaid within 2 weeks  (Read 1540 times)
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 09:31:24 PM

No matter how it looks, I'm stating facts here. It's not like I'm trying to increase my offering at the last minute, its the same offer I've had all along... I need 4.5, and will repay 5 next week.

You're wondering why nobody loaned you yet?  Let's use some real world examples, shall we?
You are at a cafe.  A man suddenly walks up to you, and asks to borrow $3000 USD in cash.  He says he currently has the money to pay you back once he gets his paycheck next week.

Do you lend him?

If you say yes, PLEASE, dear God, get out.

What you described is exactly how loans work, except usually in a bank. A guy walks in, asks to borrow $3000 and says he will pay them back when he gets paid. Not so odd when it happens inside a bank, huh? And before you shout about not being a bank, yeah, I get that. But your example is taking it to the extreme. I'm not expecting anybody to just give me a 4.5 btc loan without getting something as collateral. Unfortunately, the only collateral anybody here is really looking for is litecoin, which I've stated before, I have very little of.

BTW, can I borrow $3k USD? preferably cash. I figured since we're not in a cafe, I'd ask.

But look, you are borrowing this online, which makes it even more dangerous.
In a bank, or a bank under government juristiction at least, would ask you for many IDs, references, credit rating, and I'm not sure, but perhaps even a collateral.

If you think this is not the case of borrowing from a bank, be my guest and take the loan from them instead.  They'll offer you a shitload of better rates too.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
effektz (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:51:40 PM

No matter how it looks, I'm stating facts here. It's not like I'm trying to increase my offering at the last minute, its the same offer I've had all along... I need 4.5, and will repay 5 next week.

You're wondering why nobody loaned you yet?  Let's use some real world examples, shall we?
You are at a cafe.  A man suddenly walks up to you, and asks to borrow $3000 USD in cash.  He says he currently has the money to pay you back once he gets his paycheck next week.

Do you lend him?

If you say yes, PLEASE, dear God, get out.

What you described is exactly how loans work, except usually in a bank. A guy walks in, asks to borrow $3000 and says he will pay them back when he gets paid. Not so odd when it happens inside a bank, huh? And before you shout about not being a bank, yeah, I get that. But your example is taking it to the extreme. I'm not expecting anybody to just give me a 4.5 btc loan without getting something as collateral. Unfortunately, the only collateral anybody here is really looking for is litecoin, which I've stated before, I have very little of.

BTW, can I borrow $3k USD? preferably cash. I figured since we're not in a cafe, I'd ask.

But look, you are borrowing this online, which makes it even more dangerous.
In a bank, or a bank under government juristiction at least, would ask you for many IDs, references, credit rating, and I'm not sure, but perhaps even a collateral.

If you think this is not the case of borrowing from a bank, be my guest and take the loan from them instead.  They'll offer you a shitload of better rates too.

If I could walk into a bank and buy BTC instantly, this thread wouldn't even exist. I don't need a loan for the money, I need a loan for the BTC...
effektz (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:35:19 AM

Since you're all dying for an update, nobody wanted to give me the loan Sad However, the coins arrived right on schedule this afternoon. And despite nobody giving me this loan, I still got my buyer paid on Monday after meeting up with a cool local btc trader over the weekend.

I'm even acquiring positive trust feedback, look out!

For the people who made offers, I appreciate it! (even though we couldn't ultimately work anything out).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: