Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:30:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PURPOSE OF TOKEN?  (Read 3293 times)
Angela28

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:33:19 PM

Capital mobilization projects will issue their coin and sell the Token to be issued on a coin basis. For example, the majority of today's tokens are released on the Ethereal platform

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Skyenet

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:13:57 PM

This response is positive, hehhe. You can tranfer to Ethereum or Bitcoin only those tokens which are already listed on a particular exchange platform, so check this out.
feverpitch

Activity: 379

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:01:30 PM

Token is like a coin, but not all the tokens are legit and able to be exchanged, so try first to find out, which is the terms for that particular token that you have.
CryptoDavies

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:13:10 PM

In an ICO, a quantity of the crowdfunded cryptocurrency is sold to investors in the form of "tokens", in exchange for legal tender or other cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin or ethereum. These tokens are promoted as future functional units of currency if or when the ICO's funding goal is met and the project launches.
ChaChaiTL

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:02:06 PM

Token is based on a coin basis. For example, the majority of today's tokens are released on the Ethereum platform based on the ERC-20 standard. Some other tokens are based on NEO, WAVES, STELLAR, and Bitcoin platforms.
suraza21

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:07:07 PM

he purpose of using a larger token can of course be used for payment. A token can be a fuel for a network of operations (GAS) or a unit of exchange in a storage application and a wallet developed specifically for the base.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:12:05 PM

Hi guys, this just bother me long time ago, and just popped up recently..

What is the purpose of token?

I can not figure it out because I have one token before and I did not know how to use it and I can not even transfer it to bitcoin. I am just wondering why people keep inventing and creating so much token at all.
I hope I can get POSITIVE response and not some hates and negative one.

Thank you.

Token is a terminology that is being widely used by different ico, this companies are creating their own block chain in order to generate a cryptocurrency of their own and they will sell it to the investors by creating a platform where everyone can have their profit depending if the ico will be successful.

Indra32

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:19:20 PM

Tokens are your coins that you get for your work. If the project is successful, the growth of coins can be positive. In this I believe all bounty hunters) also you can convert their tokens in bitcoin or Ethereum, let even this and will total thousands of share of.. but you will have a tiny share, but bitcoin  Roll Eyes

I think Some tokens have a purpose for their company, some not because it is a scam.
Each ico has its own token. They give their token name. Tokens are different because different companies do it. Not to confuse the people in which they invest.
racingboy

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:55:23 AM

Wait, what? Did you just invest in a coin without knowing its purpose? Before you invest into something you should know its overall purpose, target market, and the team behind it. Because you invested to that knowing it will be big someday and that particular idea is worth something!
spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:58:01 AM

I think what you're saying is an alt coin. We use the term token for every crypto currency in the market. We also use coin and stuff like that. If you're talking about an alt coin then you can convert that into an Ethereum and then BTC. You have to take into consideration that to convert an alt coin you will be charged with a conversion fee of sorts.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
qwirtiii

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:08:41 AM

I can not figure it out because I have one token before and I did not know how to use it and I can not even transfer it to bitcoin. I am just wondering why people keep inventing and creating so much token at all.

Thank you.

Bitcoin is also known as digita currency and I think the purpose of tokens is to promote their project, They use it as a rewards for the people who promote their projects because this is easy.People promote project and then their rewards  (token) can exchange to become currency money.
normanderecho

Activity: 460

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:08:57 AM

Thank you.

Bitcoin is also known as digita currency and I think the purpose of tokens is to promote their project, They use it as a rewards for the people who promote their projects because this is easy.People promote project and then their rewards  (token) can exchange to become currency money.

For me token is uses of bounty and token is like a cryptocurrency and we can sell it if the price of token will goes up like the cryptocurrency and i think token is good also for investment because token will goes up and get a huge profit if the token price will goes up.

Greenkarki

Activity: 420
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:38:07 AM

Thank you.

We have lot to speak on crypto tokens. We have hunters here so just think how important it's felt. Even bitcoin was a token and yes the first token. You might have heard of pizza was bought for so many coins.  So just compare the value of bitcoin when it was tokens and now as a dirt ever coin with a huge value. People invest in tokens hoping the project will reach everyone and thus the tokens will gain values. When the token values is increased the revenue is increased.

amih

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:39:36 AM

Thank you.
usually from some tokens developed by the project must be part of the concept of a project being developed. and if the project succeeds with the number of investors who buy a lot of tokens, I think tokens can be used for investment tools that are very profitable for everyone who wants to join the project.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
chrisculanag

Activity: 1344
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:44:13 AM

Token are many different uses but like the other said here its turning to scam .They are use for the payment for the product or to avail the services you need to have a token for trading or voting .If you carefully read the whitepaper or the project of ico`s you can understand the importance of it .As of know i see many token or ico`s until now has still alive and success .

Wajan

Activity: 117

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:49:45 AM

if my opinion the purpose of token will be converted to ETH, but if to exchange the token to ETH we have to see first whether the price of good ETH tau bad, if the ETH price is good token we can be converted into ETH, if it becomes ETH we can exchange the ETH to BANK.
waqasniaz007

Activity: 406
Merit: 121

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 05:31:58 AM

Thank you.
In stock exchange there are shares and IPOs, In blockchain world there are Icos and tokens. Only few tokens are valueable and tokens are backed by asset  or any type of business. You can covert tokens in to eth or bitcoin anytime if token is listed.
Dextroboy

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:10:42 AM

the token is different from the concept of each company, for example loyalcoin aims to pay for online shopping alternatives

patrickj

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:22:11 AM

Well they're generally for limited time purposes. Abundance tokens and airdrops are intended to pull in individuals into looking at an ico's undertaking and to get individuals' enthusiasm to contribute. That is the reason, numerous individuals take an interest in these advancements since they're getting free tokens absent much exertion and spending.
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:45:36 AM

Generally tokens have value and you can easily convert them to bitcoin via token to ethereum and then ethereum to bitcoin and in some case you can directly convert them to bitcoin. It all depends on which exchange that token is listed and what are the traeing pairs.
There are some fake airdrops too the tokens you get from them never gets any value so can't convert them to bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: