Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:28:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty managers and "beautiful" Campaign  (Read 420 times)
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:34:11 PM

There will always be that risk, as not every ICO collects even the minimum amount (soft cap) and in this case you don’t get anything. You should approach the project from the investor’s point of view, since even if you don’t invest your money, you still invest your free time and your effort. It's crucial to investigate and read as much information as possible and collect all the important aspects, positive and negative, before making an decision to join the campaign.
sahabond

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:16:47 PM

I mean that in a good selection of projects, the implementation of all the rules to get an unfair bounty quite hard. There are force majeure circumstances where the bounty Manager does not know that the project is a Scam. Anything can happen, but as I participate in the bounty, always comes and quite successfully.
Alvaro094

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 09:14:28 PM

Perhaps this topic will arouse extreme emotions, but it needs to be created. I will not write exactly why I decided to do it.

I do not intend to accuse anyone. However, it is true that unfortunately many bounty campaigns are conducted without honesty. I met this myself.

How to best deal with suspicions of fraud - intentional actions (e.g. not counting coinage or not paying out money) [it is really easy to find out that something is wrong]  ?

How to counteract it. Unfortunately I recently met with a bounty which was quite successful. I don't know what to do at all. On one side I have it somewhere. People will always not be honest. On the other hand, it awakens anger and a desire to warn against dishonest people and the ICO (even the successful ones) for the future.

One thing. Only not telling me that the rank or merit of something gives here. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that the "higher" you are: someone is, the more you are in your ass (of course it's not the majority, but unfortunately it's still a large part of this group).

I have happened the same, frequently I see more scam bounty that promise a lot profits but when arrive to deadline you don't receive anything.
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:04:27 PM

There will always be that risk, as not every ICO collects even the minimum amount (soft cap) and in this case you don’t get anything. You should approach the project from the investor’s point of view, since even if you don’t invest your money, you still invest your free time and your effort. It's crucial to investigate and read as much information as possible and collect all the important aspects, positive and negative, before making an decision to join the campaign.
There are campaigns and bounty projects that have good whitepaper and attractive content which could really persuade investors and, of course, bounty hunters. Despite that, this campaigns could also end up as a scam which participants would know in the start. It is very hard to find bounty campaigns that will be worth the effort and time spent and just imagine the trouble and the pain that they would feel. Imagine your hard work going to waste, this could be depressing but for me, I will surely feel very sad but I shouldn't feel like all campaigns will be like this. I try to stay at the positive side and think that worthy campaigns still exist and will exist.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
tumis (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 69

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:35:27 PM

Next Scam Alert ? Repux - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2613666.new#new

Another case of fraud. As you want, you can send them more often.  But on such a scale? Eggs like berets.

From another barrel. Gentlemen. What good patents do you have for distinguishing between good and bad?
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:14:27 PM

Perhaps this topic will arouse extreme emotions, but it needs to be created. I will not write exactly why I decided to do it.

I do not intend to accuse anyone. However, it is true that unfortunately many bounty campaigns are conducted without honesty. I met this myself.

How to best deal with suspicions of fraud - intentional actions (e.g. not counting coinage or not paying out money) [it is really easy to find out that something is wrong]  ?

How to counteract it. Unfortunately I recently met with a bounty which was quite successful. I don't know what to do at all. On one side I have it somewhere. People will always not be honest. On the other hand, it awakens anger and a desire to warn against dishonest people and the ICO (even the successful ones) for the future.

One thing. Only not telling me that the rank or merit of something gives here. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that the "higher" you are: someone is, the more you are in your ass (of course it's not the majority, but unfortunately it's still a large part of this group).

Even though your expression is not really straight forward and difficult to understand, I still get a glimpse of what is being said. A visit to the bounty section of the forum will just show the amount of bounties running concurrently. How on earth would there be accountability? You see the bounty campaign is an infested area of crypto currency and its a dicey area to really take a decisive action to clean up because it will be interpreted as a way to kill initiative as the way I interpret it, developers just use it as a way for cheap advertisements.

That is not to say there are no legitimate ones there which makes the responsibility of not being ripped off time and energy falls on the bounty hunters not to just jump at every nicely designed thread, every "first" technology and that "great" team composition because you will mostly have to wait till after the ICO before having the chance of being paid which would have been several weeks gone.
hasidz7887876

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:48:55 AM

Im confused, I wanna know more about this campaign
bezzler

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:28:15 AM

The bounty manager is one of the reasons why I join the bounty of the ICO. Here, sometimes I have found the good bounty managers with many experiences of the bounty campaigns. BY following the good managers, I got more than 90% of 100% bounty programs that I followed. It actually depends on us how to choose the right bounty program.
modmalaney

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:32:05 AM

This sort of thing is currently very popular happening and many also have complained about this. We as bounty hunters certainly can not do anything. Perhaps that can be done is to always be careful with what we choose. perform analysis of bounty is also important but sometimes also does not guarantee.
vermigerous

Activity: 489
Merit: 16

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:45:53 AM

So, i just already wrote about that in another part of forum.
I was in 40 bounty campaign, and only 1 (!!!!) of them, send me tokens.
I am really foolish Cry

1 out of 40? that is the most horrible thing I've ever heard. or maybe the ICO is not finish yet so you are not receiving your token for now. Better to join a few Campaign next time and choose only the best one.

leland orser

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:50:38 AM

Indeed, there are a lot of bounty threads that don't pay any reward.
So you need to choose an excellent bounty manager, and most of the time you don't have this problem.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: