Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:56:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can it be possible for the whole wide world use a single currency?  (Read 1231 times)
masterchief001

Activity: 585
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:14:04 PM

I think that if everyone in the world uses the same currency they are very good. But this is unlikely. Because a country will have its own currency, value and symbol for each country. The culture of each country is different to create its own identity. Currency too.
zmkriel

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:29:01 PM

No currency issued by a country can be single currency to me but bitcoin fits that though countries still use their currencies, bitcoin is used by everyone.

I believe that bitcoin has been used globally as of the moment in most countries who accepted cryptocurrencies and if i were to choose then definitely i also prefer to use bitcoin. Less hassle and fast transactions most especially when am out in my own country.
thecoder2017

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:47:41 PM

Some countries are already using bitcoin in their transactions in paying bills and buying in online shopping and i think time will come that bitcoin will be legalized and considered currency but fiat money will stay together with bicoin.
Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:02:37 PM

No currency issued by a country can be single currency to me but bitcoin fits that though countries still use their currencies, bitcoin is used by everyone.

I believe that bitcoin has been used globally as of the moment in most countries who accepted cryptocurrencies and if i were to choose then definitely i also prefer to use bitcoin. Less hassle and fast transactions most especially when am out in my own country.
I don't think that the whole world would unite for having a single currency, for sure it cannot happen as many people are not really in favor or cryptocurrency due to some reasons and one of them is that they don't want to have a cashless society.
tegaisaffluent

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:12:48 PM

Honestly, I think it is absolutely impossible because of the difference in the level of development and difference in the level of technological advancement in different Continents of the world. There are people in my country that will not accept U.S dollars for goods or services provided. They want what they know and understand. The amount of alternative coins in the Crypto world proves that people have started resisting the use of Bitcoin as the only digital currency
angelinedelatorre

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 03:25:11 PM

I think it is not possible and will never happen that we can use globally only one currency. Every country have its  own right that are good for the people. That is why there are money changer to change the currency of other country on its own currency because you can not use other country currency to buy in your own location. Bitcoin can use only in the internet transaction not in real money.
kolbalish

Activity: 627
Merit: 14

Crypto Article Sharer!!!

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:59:15 PM

It can't be possible. Because there are no boundary to entry in crypto world,many currencies are here in the market.How can you avoid others if you accept only one? Without that there are some others problem that it have no authority to control volatility,many country doesn't accept it in their country,many scammers and frauds ate usiing it to doing crime.

Rakesh_alejandro

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:24:06 PM

Technically crypto currencies, like bitcoin, is globally accepted but not one country has ownership or backing it up. You can say that crypto currencies could be a stock that people can exchange for other goods ir servixes or even currencies. Today, bitcoin is globally used but not all countries actually accept it. But i think a single currency per se isn't possible.

I think the only problem with bitcoin to the government is that they can not control the bitcoin because of its decentralized and it is a big deal for them. bitcoin being used globally and is a currency also so no other currencies required to use it.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:12:02 AM

I'm sure bitcoin must be able to dominate the world. all countries will use bitcoin as a legitimate transaction tool. but despite that. the world still will not be separated from paper money. because paper money can be made as a symbol or a sign of the country.

One of Bitcoin's main principles is that there are no borders it has to respect or abide by. It's one protocol that has no equal, and one that at the same time can't be stopped. It's pointless to focus on what paper money will be like by that time, we should only care about what matters for us, and that's slowly taking distance from dealing with fiat. Let countries have their paper money, we have Bitcoin, that's more than enough. In current times it requires only our smartphone to transact with others or buy our daily needs in stores. I could perfectly use Bitcoin as sole currency if it enjoyed more adoption and stability. Fiat is a mixture of state and corporation money, while Bitcoin is people's (everyone's) money.
very good input. with the bitcoin going to be one of the transactions, bitcoins and fiat currencies can go together without intercourse, they will have their mutual manifest. when fiat money can not reach inter-country transactions at low cost, we can take advantage of a bitcoin payment system, with minutes and no high fees
I believe this would be happening just in coming few years. Because this has a solid root cause. Bitcoins can’t just live in this world all alone, without presence of fiat money. While the fiat money can exist independently. But as bitcoins are getting more famous and popular.

There would be a day when bitcoins and fiat currency would be against one another in usage. Then their mutual combination can give relief to the mankind.
miltonpogi

Activity: 245
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:49:53 AM

I think  it has no possibility ,because if that happen many holder of other coins well argue with that, and scamming will become more easy, and many people will make a way to avoid that just like what they have do when BTC value increase, they make other altcoin that more better than BTC such as bitcoin cash and more other cryptocurrency.

webdevmastery

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:52:42 AM

I think that Bitcoin can be use as a matter of fact to be globally accepted. What is your take and which currency can you suggest to be accepted globally?

It is possible if government will also allow it to happen in their country since not all of the countries do really like bitcoins because of its growth that cannot be easily controlled.
Kakawate

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:16:37 AM

I think if the world is gonna have a single and common currency, it would benifit all, but trading currencies wouldnt be possible then, but I think if the world is gonna have one, then cryptocurrency is gonna be their choice and the most commonly known cryptocurrency is bitcoin, I think it would be better if we will have different currencies for us to be able to trade and earn big.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
jcarlo

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:33:00 AM

I think that if everyone in the world uses the same currency they are very good. But this is unlikely. Because a country will have its own currency, value and symbol for each country. The culture of each country is different to create its own identity. Currency too.

Indeed, I think every country do not want to replace their currency with bitcoin and every country have different internet infrastructure. Every government have their economy advantages and different economic growth.
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:36:56 AM

I think that Bitcoin can be use as a matter of fact to be globally accepted. What is your take and which currency can you suggest to be accepted globally?

It is possible if government will also allow it to happen in their country since not all of the countries do really like bitcoins because of its growth that cannot be easily controlled.

The growth is not the problem but by being Anonymous and fully decentralized of bitcoin which is very hard to implement a law regarding regulating the used of bitcoin and also on how to charge taxes. The US just charge taxes on crypto that being held on exchange but if atomic swap is implemented. Then there will be no exchange needed and it's​ impossible to cut taxes.

xiwanfd

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:39:49 AM

The world will never use the single currency. Unless the world is united, there will never be a single currency.

Because countries need to develop and use either side of the currency will do more harm than good.
klasik1980

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:44:05 AM

Every country wants to be independent and the own currency is one of such elements. So, we can see how strong is a country regarding others by looking at its currency.

Moreover, world’s experience on creating a unified currency is not very bright. Euro has been created, but there are still national currencies in use.
hongtham

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 06:47:09 AM

Maybe this is a great idea.
But it is not possible for bitcoins to become a global currency.
Because there are some countries currently banned bitcoin
But maybe in the future it will come true
I hope that, It is very convenient for payment in business, life ...

GOLD Stablecoin https://gold.storage/
Betheng10

Activity: 238

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:24:10 AM

Country leaders can't agree in most things and currency will be one of them. I don't think USA would agree to use yen as global currency as well as european countries.

Bitcoin for now will only be an alternate currency and it will take a while before countries even try to accept it.

Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:01:49 AM

The governments might not agree on a single currency if it is decentralized one because they effectjvely control it and it may harm them financially and economically because of its uncontrollable volatility. These governments might instead create a unified world currency that can be adopted by all parties and this one might be centralized like ripple.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:30:18 PM

I'm sure bitcoin must be able to dominate the world. all countries will use bitcoin as a legitimate transaction tool. but despite that. the world still will not be separated from paper money. because paper money can be made as a symbol or a sign of the country.

One of Bitcoin's main principles is that there are no borders it has to respect or abide by. It's one protocol that has no equal, and one that at the same time can't be stopped. It's pointless to focus on what paper money will be like by that time, we should only care about what matters for us, and that's slowly taking distance from dealing with fiat. Let countries have their paper money, we have Bitcoin, that's more than enough. In current times it requires only our smartphone to transact with others or buy our daily needs in stores. I could perfectly use Bitcoin as sole currency if it enjoyed more adoption and stability. Fiat is a mixture of state and corporation money, while Bitcoin is people's (everyone's) money.
very good input. with the bitcoin going to be one of the transactions, bitcoins and fiat currencies can go together without intercourse, they will have their mutual manifest. when fiat money can not reach inter-country transactions at low cost, we can take advantage of a bitcoin payment system, with minutes and no high fees
I believe this would be happening just in coming few years. Because this has a solid root cause. Bitcoins can’t just live in this world all alone, without presence of fiat money. While the fiat money can exist independently. But as bitcoins are getting more famous and popular.

There would be a day when bitcoins and fiat currency would be against one another in usage. Then their mutual combination can give relief to the mankind.
A lot of people may adopt bitcoin usage as their preferred currency of use, but believing it would serve as a single currency in the whole world is just one absurd way of thinking. Who governs it, where is the central policy going to be from ?

I guess some of us have forgotten what it means for some countries to be independent and unless each country wants to come up with their own policies for usage as a currency in the country, I don't see how it is going to be that easy and which we both know it is not possible to even have that as no government will pick decentralization over centralization.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: