Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:58:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Roger Ver To Face Lawsuit  (Read 212 times)
Divinityxd (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:05:14 PM

Over 800 individuals have come together to create a community against Bitcoin.com and its CEO Roger Ver. A legal action has been pursued by the “Bitcoin.com lawsuit/victims” Telegram group for misleading the users into buying BCH instead of BTC.

Continue Reading: https://coingape.com/bitcoin-com-ceo-roger-ver-to-face-lawsuit/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:42:20 PM

It would be interesting to see what comes out of this. On one hand, Bitcoin isn't trademarked so it's free to be used by anyone, and on the other, selling Bitcoin Cash as Bitcoin is fraudulent. This will likely hinge on how misleading the court finds it to be, because it could also be argued that the customer must do their own due diligence in knowing that BCH is different from BTC.

I personally think it's borderline fraudulent and that such tactics must stop.

BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:56:58 PM

It would be interesting to see what comes out of this. On one hand, Bitcoin isn't trademarked so it's free to be used by anyone, and on the other, selling Bitcoin Cash as Bitcoin is fraudulent. This will likely hinge on how misleading the court finds it to be, because it could also be argued that the customer must do their own due diligence in knowing that BCH is different from BTC.

i think the same way too!
but the best thing that can actually come out of this is a "social media action" against Roger Ver and the fight against misleading newbies. as in fight fire with fire. the more he advertises bitcoin cash as bitcoin instead of what it really is (an altcoin) the more we should fight back and educate newbies that it is indeed an altcoin and they should not fall for the fraud.

There is a FOMO brewing...
mrtryonebiggums

Activity: 322
Merit: 111

Revolutionized Rotating Savings & Borrowings

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:31:32 PM

i think the same way too!
but the best thing that can actually come out of this is a "social media action" against Roger Ver and the fight against misleading newbies. as in fight fire with fire. the more he advertises bitcoin cash as bitcoin instead of what it really is (an altcoin) the more we should fight back and educate newbies that it is indeed an altcoin and they should not fall for the fraud.
Well think about it if you are going to stoop to a level that is that low in order to promote your brand, be prepared for what happens next. We all know crypto isn't the most civilized space and in general I would never advocate stooping to another's level. However with this crap Ver is trying to pull with block explorer changing BCash>Bitcoin and then not differentiating on Bitcoin.com between BTC and BCH is overstepping the line. Now I sincerely hope the backlash is so astronomical BCash loses its power in the market, because that is what Bcash deserves at this point.

nakauten

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:40:16 PM

Truly deserves it ,a greedy man like him shouldnt be with existing,incarerate him so that there will be less scammer in the community,after his failure to overthrow the bitcoin he is doing shady things so that the can cover those bitcoins which he have sold when BCash has tried to overthro bitcoin,i remember last year when the dragon slayer scheme has failed.

Liternyy

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 05:29:56 PM

A lawsuit has been filed against the owner of Bitcoin.com, Roger Ver, formerly known as Bitcoin-Jesus, but now turned into Bitcoin-Judah. Roger Ver was an early investor in bitcoin and related companies, but then chose the path of the altcoyins. Altcoin, called Bitcoin Cash or BCH / Bcash, was formed as a result of a branch from bitcoin even before an unsuccessful attempt was made to increase the block size of the original chain. At the moment, Bcash has reached a level of acceptance comparable only to Doge, and has a similar transaction volume. This despite the fact that it was already added to most of the major exchanges and even supported by payment processors like BitPay
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 05:45:01 PM

Most popularly known as bitcoin Jesus, Roger Ver, was never expected to be caught in such kind of a scam.

One user wrote in the Telegram group that it’s like advertising you’re selling gold and then giving customers a piece of coal instead, while also referencing stories of people who mistakingly sent BTC to a BCH address and vice versa. Earlier this week, Bitcoin.com underwent changes to present Bitcoin Cash as Bitcoin. Most notably the block explorer, which changed from Bitcoin (BTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH) to Bitcoin Core (BTC) and Bitcoin (BCH). (Source: http://bitcoinist.com/bitcoin-lawsuit-bitcoin-com-ceo-roger-ver/ )

Such things tend to disappoint the bitcoin community and obviously arouse the  controversial responses from all around. Looking at the reactions of the community members, it seems that this lawsuit will soon brew up against Roger Ver, and nothing can stop the aggression of the people.
CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 06:50:05 PM

Over 800 individuals have come together to create a community against Bitcoin.com and its CEO Roger Ver. A legal action has been pursued by the “Bitcoin.com lawsuit/victims” Telegram group for misleading the users into buying BCH instead of BTC.

Continue Reading: https://coingape.com/bitcoin-com-ceo-roger-ver-to-face-lawsuit/

The domain name is Bitcoin.com and he promotes BCH on his site by assuming that BCH is the Real Bitcoin
Whatever the reason I agree that it is misleading , I hate this dispute , until how long the dispute about the Real Bitcoin will end
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:57:42 PM

Honestly I am not very positive on this lawsuit to come positive for non-Rodger supporters. As I am not sure how it will be looked at as this is the talk about an virtual / digital currency. Anyway people can be mislead simply from the name of Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:01:50 PM

i can see the defense as:
(use of 'dollar' for analogy)

dollar is owned by no one.
america can use it
canada can use it
australia can use it

if america want to make a lawsuit about how people have been told that australia has the dollar, then i would laugh
if a european paid 0.62 for a dollar and handed a australian dollar. then there is no fraud (0.62 is AUS price)
if a european paid 0.82 for a dollar and handed a australian dollar. then there is fraud (0.62 is AUS price)

its just america(core) trying to grab the brand. so that brand becomes tradmarked, and no longer un-owned.

the "victims" would have a case if they paid $8000 for something worth only $800 at the time.
but if they paid $800 for 'a bitcoin' then that is not deceipt or fraud.

i wonder how many people actually paid >$7000 this month for 1 bitcoin cash.

EG
person: i want an apple..
merchant: ok thats 50 cents.. hands person a fruit
pereson: no i wanted the phone. im gonna sue you
merchant: laughs, goodluck

Vs
person: i want an apple..
merchant: ok thats $500.. hands person a fruit
pereson: no i wanted the phone. im gonna sue you
merchant: oh crap

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Notcalculator

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:02:36 PM

I guess part of the reasons why bitcoin needs some sort of recognition or regulation is to make stronger cases against frauds.  Whatever happens in this will set a precedence. Hopefully something positive comes out of it.
900 members now in the group. They're growing fast.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 07:03:49 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2018, 07:30:02 PM by KingScorpio

whats the issue, he has freedom to interpret things as he sees them they are correct, if he wants he can write down a reasonable answer for that as he also publicly says bitcoincash is the real bitcoin,  in the united states there is something called: freedom of oppinion.

i doubt this lawsuit will be successful if they dont bribe the judge,

the winner will be the party that bribes the judge the best.

making the judge becomming the ultimate winner.

the question is how will he behave after he has sold his premine?

will he then say to all Bitcoin Gold is the real bitcoin and bitcoin cash is bitcoin core2? Roll Eyes

pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:09:17 PM

I hope he loses the case. While puting BCH that he's promoting at the top is fine, but changing the name Bitcoin into Bitcoin core is not. Especially when combined with the site Bitcoin.com. A typical user will visiting bitcoin.com and looking for Bitcoin won't be able to find it. He'll find Bitcoin Core that sounds just like another forked coin. It's misleading however you look at it.
kaneeda

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:13:44 PM

“Bitcoin cash is an alt-coin that has its fans just like many alt-coins. I don't think anyone who uses bitcoin's name and applies it to an alt-coin like bitcoin cash does is adhering to acceptable business practices. In other words, bitcoin's brand is being stolen by a competitor that calls itself bitcoin cash and this is outright fraud in my opinion, just like it's fraudulent to use Coca-Cola and Nike's name to sell soft drinks or shoes,” said Max Keiser

Even Linux distributions forks have their own names.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 07:17:14 PM

“Bitcoin cash is an alt-coin that has its fans just like many alt-coins. I don't think anyone who uses bitcoin's name and applies it to an alt-coin like bitcoin cash does is adhering to acceptable business practices. In other words, bitcoin's brand is being stolen by a competitor that calls itself bitcoin cash and this is outright fraud in my opinion, just like it's fraudulent to use Coca-Cola and Nike's name to sell soft drinks or shoes,” said Max Keiser

bitcoin is also an altcoin it depends on the perspective. and  weather the media system still supports it, which i doubt it will, since the cryptomedia is completely different then the fiat media, there is no banking system that sustainably supports then,

everything is different now.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:18:00 PM

I hope he loses the case. While puting BCH that he's promoting at the top is fine, but changing the name Bitcoin into Bitcoin core is not. Especially when combined with the site Bitcoin.com. A typical user will visiting bitcoin.com and looking for Bitcoin won't be able to find it. He'll find Bitcoin Core that sounds just like another forked coin. It's misleading however you look at it.

no team own bitcoin..

neither side
the truth is it actually is
bitcoin core
bitcoin cash

much like dollar is open to all countries
american dollar
canadian dollar
australian dollar

if the currency you use commonly is in your pocket then you can use it in common conversation as an abreviation
.. so yes
if you are australian you can say 'i have a dollar in my pocket, but i dont have any U.S dollars'
if you are australian you can say 'i have a dollar in my pocket, but i dont have any canadian dollars'

if you are american you can say 'i have a dollar in my pocket, but i dont have any Australian dollars'
if you are american you can say 'i have a dollar in my pocket, but i dont have any canadian dollars'

that is why.. core need to accept that bitcoin is trademarked by no one and accept that they too will be called bitcoin core by outsiders

that is why.. cash need to accept that bitcoin is trademarked by no one and accept that they too will be called bitcoin cash by outsiders

but those who use core, will in common conversation but without staking claim of trademark will say they have bitcoin in thier wallet
but those who use cash, will in common conversation but without staking claim of trademark will say they have bitcoin in thier wallet

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:31:08 PM

I think that will not end up with bad for roger ver, but seeing the community together against such one of the people in the crypto really makes me happy. But bcash is good for them, let them buy bcash.

LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:33:40 PM

bitcoin is also an altcoin it depends on the perspective. and  weather the media system still supports it, which i doubt it will, since the cryptomedia is completely different then the fiat media, there is no banking system that sustainably supports then,

"Bitcoin is also an altcoin"? Lol I want to smoke what you're smoking. Bitcoin is not an altcoin, Everything other than that is.

Roger should give up, He can't keep fooling people, Bcash will crash hard.
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:45:16 PM

"Bitcoin is also an altcoin"? Lol I want to smoke what you're smoking. Bitcoin is not an altcoin, Everything other than that is.

Roger should give up, He can't keep fooling people, Bcash will crash hard.

Yeah Bitcoin itself can in no way be considered an altcoin, from any perspective. It is the main chain originating from the genesis block. Bitcoin Cash is forked off of the main chain and is running its own version of the blockchain now. Bitcoin cash is the altcoin, Bitcoin is still the original chain with the original consensus rules.

While I can't say Ver getting hit with a lawsuit is a good thing, I do think it could be the only way of showing him it's not cool trying to hijack Bitcoins brand.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:46:04 PM

bitcoin is also an altcoin it depends on the perspective. and  weather the media system still supports it, which i doubt it will, since the cryptomedia is completely different then the fiat media, there is no banking system that sustainably supports then,

core is actually a fork. just like cash
its not like clams where a script kiddie just made a separate ntwork

the BILATERAL SPLIT event that split core from cash seen to that

its not a
_________________core
            \_________cash

or a
             _________core
_______/_________cash

but a
           __________core
______/
          \__________cash

it was a bilateral split not a unilateral split..

core DO NOT OWN brand bitcoin............ no one does!!!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: