Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:15:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: sold at $600. what to do?  (Read 7392 times)
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:18:22 PM

Well, I bought 17,5 btc´s 1 hour ago at 766$ (even though I posted that I wont buy coins at this price ^^) and am already 100$ richer Grin

I have 50% of Coins (17.5) on Gox wich I will never touch and then I now have these 17.5 Coins on Bitstamp for playing around with.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptStorm

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:18:51 PM

Careful, it's wicked close man!

I'm queueing up to BUY! I won't get left out (again *sniff*).

About to pull trigger.

But not till it shows strength-- there's 3k coins till 800, fyi (and if it runs, that's probably worth 20 minutes.)

Someday, I will have an avatar, maybe.
huadylmate

Activity: 215

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:23:53 PM

Given the bitcoin attention last days, I dont believe buying can go wrong.
bitleif

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

I'm always grumpy in the morning.

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:34:26 PM

@OP When I make an investment I assume that money is forever gone. Reduced to zero. And I try to forget it and work on collecting more money going forward, occasionally peaking taking a peak at the growth of my investment. This helps. Temptation is a bitch. And when it gets ahold of you and you sell, you're gonna regret it.

+1

Detaching emotionally from your money is the single best thing you can do for your investment intelligence, and also for your happiness in life. Like you, everything I put on BTC is play money. It's fun to profit and also to be part of the early BTC history, but the money isn't really that important.
Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:40:06 PM

Well, I bought 17,5 btc´s 1 hour ago at 766$ (even though I posted that I wont buy coins at this price ^^) and am already 100$ richer Grin

I have 50% of Coins (17.5) on Gox wich I will never touch and then I now have these 17.5 Coins on Bitstamp for playing around with.

If you're never going to touch the coins on Gox, why are you storing them on Gox?  Why not move them to cold storage?   Huh

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
CryptStorm

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:46:31 PM

OK, fucking buy, dude!

Someday, I will have an avatar, maybe.
Coinseeker

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:57:21 PM

If you're never going to touch the coins on Gox, why are you storing them on Gox?  Why not move them to cold storage?   Huh

Probably for quick sell off when the time come. Waiting deposit confirmations might be deadly

That would pretty much negate "never going to touch", as any sudden down turn then becomes, "the time" to dump. 

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:53:45 PM

i wonder if he bought back before it hit 800
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:59:08 PM

I don't understand why people sell and then are bears. Can't you just be bear without selling? Without hoping it will go down? And just expecting to go down?

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
superkawaii

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:05:30 AM

Wonder if there's a Baidu.com trends
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:07:09 AM

That's not a bit, that's a lot!

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:11:05 AM

at this point, my mind is being blown on a daily basis.. i am current with the news, but i still think "wtf is going on.. this is hysteria."
zengryT

Activity: 745
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:23:09 AM

I don't understand why people sell and then are bears. Can't you just be bear without selling? Without hoping it will go down? And just expecting to go down?

Yup, if you have no coins and dont plan to buy you expecting it to go down and dont care if price goes up or down

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
GriTBitS

Activity: 448

“A decentralized registry for unique assets”

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:28:53 AM

Like I said hours ago when it was around 760$  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you didn't you're in a losing trade and you don't even know it. Your short in a long play! Better at least get one, because soon will only be able to buy a fraction of one! People reading charts be only looking at one time frame, You need to use at least at 3, Trend-Decision-Action If you are only staring at the 2 hour chart of course you were bearish as hell two days ago. If you're going to trade at least learn how too! Just because you hit the lotto on buying at once doesn't make you a trader.

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

*   Collect with Trust   *
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:33:23 AM

OP, did you buy back in yet and cut your loses? Remember the best professional traders on WS cut losses and change position very very quickly...

Truth is, I didn't really know enough at that time to grasp it all.  I had no idea about our monetary system, I had no idea why decentralized even mattered so, it really became a battle against ideology and not the tech.  As I've learned Ripple, I've learned more about the whole crypto-space.  I've learned tons about our failing global monetary system, what the bills in my wallet really are and the list goes on.  From that I realize that this is all really important.  Whether it will be Bitcoin or something like it, the truth is we have to do something.  

One of Bitcoin's greatest properties is it forces people to both learn about and question the current monetary system before one can fully buy into the concept. IMHO most people who bash Bitcoin (ignorantly) in the comment sections of MSM articles clearly are those who so far refuse to learn about the system and just take the common misconceptions as fact. Bitcoin will slowly but surely awaken many.
zengryT

Activity: 745
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:34:37 AM

Seems every hour you dont buy is missed oppurtunity forever Shocked  Smiley

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:00:58 AM

I LOLed, and felt so bad Embarrassed

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
Coinseeker

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:12:20 AM

One of Bitcoin's greatest properties is it forces people to both learn about and question the current monetary system before one can fully buy into the concept. IMHO most people who bash Bitcoin (ignorantly) in the comment sections of MSM articles clearly are those who so far refuse to learn about the system and just take the common misconceptions as fact. Bitcoin will slowly but surely awaken many.

I couldn't agree more.  These crypto solutions require users to take more responsibility over their money and in order to do that, people will need to be educated on a multitude of levels.  We can't expect people to get it by osmosis.  There is a long, exciting road ahead for crypto currencies and I'm just glad to be a part of it. I look forward to seeing the change that this is going to bring to the lives of so many people.  Monetary freedom.  Who would have thought such could even be possible?  Shocked

saddambitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:40:43 AM

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I bought some back today.  If the price goes up, great.  If it drops, I'll buy back the rest. 

Am I an idiot?  Yes. 

GriTBitS

Activity: 448

“A decentralized registry for unique assets”

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:56:25 AM

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I bought some back today.  If the price goes up, great.  If it drops, I'll buy back the rest. 

Am I an idiot?  Yes. 

Sounds Great!

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █