Bitcoin Forum
December 12, 2017, 06:50:27 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: sold at $600. what to do?  (Read 7170 times)
zengryT

Activity: 745

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:34:37 AM

Seems every hour you dont buy is missed oppurtunity forever Shocked  Smiley

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:00:58 AM

i wonder if he bought back before it hit 800

I LOLed, and felt so bad Embarrassed

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:12:20 AM

One of Bitcoin's greatest properties is it forces people to both learn about and question the current monetary system before one can fully buy into the concept. IMHO most people who bash Bitcoin (ignorantly) in the comment sections of MSM articles clearly are those who so far refuse to learn about the system and just take the common misconceptions as fact. Bitcoin will slowly but surely awaken many.

I couldn't agree more.  These crypto solutions require users to take more responsibility over their money and in order to do that, people will need to be educated on a multitude of levels.  We can't expect people to get it by osmosis.  There is a long, exciting road ahead for crypto currencies and I'm just glad to be a part of it. I look forward to seeing the change that this is going to bring to the lives of so many people.  Monetary freedom.  Who would have thought such could even be possible?  Shocked

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1612

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:40:43 AM

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I bought some back today.  If the price goes up, great.  If it drops, I'll buy back the rest. 

Am I an idiot?  Yes. 

GriTBitS

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:56:25 AM

I bought some back today.  If the price goes up, great.  If it drops, I'll buy back the rest. 

Am I an idiot?  Yes. 

Sounds Great!

nanobtc

Activity: 176

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:59:27 AM

I keep 50/50 fiat/btc in an exchange. I keep two bid/ask orders 11% below/above the current price. During big swings in either direction I manually change that difference to 20% or more.

Unwanted BTC? Dispose of them safely here:  1PrdnbsRrv5fvpg2LAGCroBMqJGgp3pDRW
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:04:51 AM

It's gonna take a little balls but I think we will see a significant correction at some point...

slikes

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:27:39 AM

I sold at ¥3000 on BTC China. I'm just now buying back in at ¥5400. I've been praying for the price to dip for the last few days, but things are relatively stable compared to Monday. A crash is a few days off at least in my eyes.

bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 01:12:20 PM

I bought some back today.  If the price goes up, great.  If it drops, I'll buy back the rest.  

Am I an idiot?  Yes.  

Not an idiot at all. We all succumb to temptation.  It's only worse when you monitor it every second of your life.

I have converted 1/3 of my coins into casascius coins I believe are worth having.  It's a great way to limit yourself from completely cashing out.  It's worked for me.  I forgot about these coins as they just sit in a dark safe, and yet despite all the ups and downs, these coins have been continuously on the ride to the top.  Sometimes I pepper the coins all over desk, around the iMac as I work.  Makes me feel good looking at all that shine and ever-growing value. Tongue

I bought a bunch back at $770 the other day and do not regret it one bit as it's almost $870 today. I use coinbase pricing.

If you look back a few days you see there was ALMOST a chain reaction as it was nose diving, but it bounced back around $400 (the lowest), so if all goes to hell, the most I could lose is half of my investment. I don't believe it will just vanish unless someone hacks me or robs me of my physical coins.  And now it seems to have stabilized after that chaotic day.  I feel pretty confident and I listed my reasons in this topic in a previous post.

Anyway enough of my rant.  Best of luck to you and I hope you join us on the road to $1K and beyond!  Shocked Shocked  Grin
kevschmitt

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:02:02 PM

I keep 50/50 fiat/btc in an exchange. I keep two bid/ask orders 11% below/above the current price. During big swings in either direction I manually change that difference to 20% or more.

I use a similar strategy, and it's helped keep the emotions out.  I keep 20% in fiat, 80% BTC.   This automatically sells whats high and buys what's low.   
darkshadowgirl

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:05:15 PM

I did the exact opposite of you  Grin. I Bought at 600$

Duh. 
jerelimZ

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:41:30 PM

What happens if big dump happens, you auto buy BTC with all fiat? It might be problem to sell the BTC for higher price than you bought, no?

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 1638

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:44:07 PM

Sell low/ buy high is a common mistake. Wait, we will see a pullback one way or the other.

Unless you just buy and spend immediatelly, but without SR not best idea

Cheesy

op was right to buy back some (50% ?).

what are you doing with the other half?
favelle75

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:02:44 PM

Took 0.5 BTC and sold last week at $720. Bought back at $380 and sold again at $450. Bought at $435 and then sold at $580.  Just bought in this week at $633 and sold this morning at $829. Seems like a pretty easy way to increase your coins without actually doing anything...

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

bassclef

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:04:50 PM

Took 0.5 BTC and sold last week at $720. Bought back at $380 and sold again at $450. Bought at $435 and then sold at $580.  Just bought in this week at $633 and sold this morning at $829. Seems like a pretty easy way to increase your coins without actually doing anything...

Except for the one time you sell and the price doesn't go down.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 1638

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:08:44 PM

it´s like nl hold'em poker. you can do very well at all those little moves, but one incident of bad luck or mistake can take you all (your coins) out
Mirsad

Activity: 140

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:10:53 PM

it´s like nl hold'em poker. you can do very well at all those little moves, but one incident of bad luck or mistake can take you all (your coins) out

Not true.
You can reduce the profit with bad trading. But when you never buy high and sell low, you'll allways increase your wealth. Possible not in BTC, but in total fiat+btc.

< 100 BTC is not worth mentioning. Poor souls will always remain poor. Don't miss the failtrain.
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:14:21 PM

Took 0.5 BTC and sold last week at $720. Bought back at $380 and sold again at $450. Bought at $435 and then sold at $580.  Just bought in this week at $633 and sold this morning at $829. Seems like a pretty easy way to increase your coins without actually doing anything...

Not true.
You can reduce the profit with bad trading. But when you never buy high and sell low, you'll allways increase your wealth. Possible not in BTC, but in total fiat+btc.

Not on gox with 0.6% fee... only when big price changes are.

1AUtiWsrmLvDZ12MQdYfAWSM3CdwhMeoeX
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1612

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:17:42 PM

Sell low/ buy high is a common mistake. Wait, we will see a pullback one way or the other.

Unless you just buy and spend immediatelly, but without SR not best idea

Cheesy

op was right to buy back some (50% ?).

what are you doing with the other half?

i bought back 25% of the BTC i sold.  i only buy what i can afford to lose and that's about it for right now.  

the rest of the money is waiting for another dump before 1000.

favelle75

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:26:47 PM

Not true.

Exactly. You only lose when you get caught in the bear or bull traps. I determine my wealth by total fiat+BTC...so I try not to "buy back" when it incurs a loss of either. ie, don't panic FFS.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.