Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 10:00:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to protect your wallet myetherwallet.com ???  (Read 962 times)
cryptoblezin

Activity: 278
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:32:10 AM

One can protect the myetherwallet by making sure you visit the original website, do not follow any spam mail sent to you that may link to any phishing site. Also ensure to keep your private key very safe that only you can have access to it anytime. If possible you can as well document your private key, phrase words and password such that the book is well protected by only you.
Thanks.
Ali Akbar Torang

Activity: 381
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:35:02 AM

i protect it with carefully used it, like follow and pay attention to the warning clue, so i only open the wallet with safest way

taxli

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:39:04 PM

I use a separate computer and that computer only serves for the use of myethwallet purse. Also when I work I will never use myethwallet purse. Because there are many hackers can steal private lock my wallet

I like your position about working with wallets. As for me, I use myethwallet only at home because I know that my internet connection is saved.
Triopeloda

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 08:26:37 AM

how to protect your wallet myetherwallet.com Huh

I do not think to break the wallet, the private key must be stored offline on the flash drive with the password, and not in the text file on the desktop, so you do not have to shout at all hacked forums. And of course, do not go to the same Myetherwallet through the search engine on the first available link.so store anything and never let anyone know your password and never let you know your private key.
blu.storm

Activity: 320
Merit: 17

free space pm if interessed

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:10:22 AM

always check the url that's right, that the connection is safe, the best thing would be to pair it with a hardware wallet (too expensive for me), alternatively match with metamask and only do offline transactions

free space pm if interessed
madhukk

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:38:01 PM

There is only a simple ways in protecting your MyEtherWallet: Do not give your private key to other people that you didn't know well, be aware of signing in your Mew to exchanges like Etherdelta, Forkdelta or IDEX because sometimes this exchanges have a pishing sites, don't sign up your key to airdrop forms.
senyorito123

Activity: 1764
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:32:07 PM

I first look at when I open my MEW is to check if I entered the correct site to avoid phising site,because the scammers are making fake MEW url to get Private key,and also I put it in a hard drive and duplicated on a paper to make sure it's safe and I didn't expose my PK to others.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

BinaryBotch

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:10:05 PM

Myetherwallet is a great store house for your coins or tokens, hence, protecting it, is one vital way of protecting your funds. First things first is to ensure that all personal data is kept personal i.e do not share it with any other person except it is someone you extremely trust and it shouldn't be more than one person so that if anything goes south, you would know who to question first. Avoid opening certain sites or ads, you can never be too sure or too safe. Make use of a hardware if possible e.g ledger nano
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:16:14 PM

You have to be careful when accessing the MEW website, bookmark the website and check the security certificate to make sure you are accessing the official MEW.

You can consider getting a hardware wallet to secure your private keys.
lilysbee

Activity: 157

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 05:06:39 PM

if you must use myetherwallet , avoid login in using private keys. Rather use Metamask . if you use your private key to login often the chances is that you may mistakenly expose your private keys through clicking phishing links.  I recommend IMTOKEN that is what i use and i think its safer.
Mr. Art

Activity: 350

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:10:06 PM

i read, at this moment a lot of myetherwallet being hacked,,
in my opinion the problem is not on MEW, but the users itself,,
sometimes the users click an external link, then put the private keys, and this will make your private keys is not private anymore
so, don't even try to give your private keys to anyone else,, and keep your private keys in the safest place in you home

vasil777

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:42:01 PM

I think you need to use the MetaMask application, it will increase the security of your wallet. Do not go to your myetherwallet with a private key, it is dangerous.
7EXter

Activity: 97

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:07:51 PM

First of all, register a cold wallet. Do not use copy/paste. When you enter a password or private key, it is safer to use the Windows keyboard. Keep your key on a flash drive or write it down on paper. Do not tell strangers that you are engaged or interested in cryptocurrencies.
siupang2

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:10:52 PM

If you want simple, just use feature in chrome or other browser named bookmark. Then if you want to visit MEW just click the bookmark. You can use metamask too it's free and simple just follow step how to use it and done. But if you want to get the best safe just buy TREZOR.
harapan

Activity: 1750
Merit: 306

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:17:46 PM

I protect myetherwallet that I have by keeping the private key and password well and I never open the message I received in the email, I mean an email that I do not know because I'm afraid the hacker sends phishing links via email

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
jigsaw97

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:20:26 PM

avoid some pishing site cause even that you are keeping the key of your wallet but you are just clicking by not checking this there is a possibility that your wallet may not to safe cause hackers are taking on your wallet.
GOYA58

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 06:24:31 PM

I am always checking the URL and then I also found a project which is helping regarding this situation. It is called Metacertprotocol and they offer an Addon for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and check if the URL you are visiting is legit. So when visiting myetherwallet then you should only login when you see a green shield. The same is true for Twitter Accounts and they also have a Bot for Telegram so you can verify if certain users, channels or groups are verified and legit. It is very helpful so far and I think they already had their presale.
kang_kung

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:25:47 PM

Use MetaMask, that's the easiest way to secure your MEW wallet.
sifonE

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:27:36 PM

to me how i protects my wallets are.. i don't click any mails sent to me and i don't check my wallet with my private keys, i check directly with my public key not with my private key. then don't always participate on airdrops because it's very risky by doing that, after that before you login to MEW make sure it's the direct site you are login to because there are many phishing site that looks like myetherwallet.com but they are not the real site.
Zeke_23

Activity: 868
Merit: 333

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:34:48 PM

just bookmark the original website, and dont easily click the website that is being sent to you, because it might be fake, and its better to use hardware wallet like trezor or ledger to avoid being hacked.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀