Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:47:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to protect your wallet myetherwallet.com ???  (Read 961 times)
daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:13:00 PM

most people who are storing their crypto assets on myetherwallet and are hacked, blame the security of myetherwallet itself, but in fact they are inattentive because they do not keep their private keys properly. so avoid phishing sites, and do not hesitate to copy and paste your private key

ARENA-DEV
Copper Member

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 07:44:49 PM

MEW!!!! chrome extension
Bosunbossman

Activity: 315
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 08:34:05 PM

The best way to protect your wallet is to be careful from phising links. Also avoid the use of private key to login to myetherwallet, you can download metamask extension to your browser and always keep your private key where no one has access to

HYDAX GRID TRADING ⎈ BOUNTY
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange ⎈ OTC ⎈ Contract ⎈ Listing ⎈ Affiliate

ngano ba

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:47:27 PM

The only thing we can safely do ,is to protect your private key allthe time , I believe myetherwallet is made to have a good protection for the coins stored in them , because if there are huge comaints about hacking coins in the wallet then it will damage the reputation of the myertherwallet company, the coin holders use there wallet because we trust them, so holders of this wallet take the best precaution ,warning and safety of your wallet.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:31:34 PM

The main condition of purse security - do not provide private keys to other people who do not know well enough to avoid fraud.
Lol, are you serious? Even if he knows how to handle "fraud" (don't even know what you mean by it over here), you should no way share your private keys with other person. You never know who might end up hacking you. Its your wallet, so its your responsibility to hold it till your death.

Do not store the keys and passwords on the computer (I keep everything on a flash drive)
The password must be complex
Even if you do store everything on a flash drive, do keep in mind that all electronic devices deteriorate day by day. So it better to keep multiple backups and keep storing in on new flash drive after a few years have passed to avoid any kind of unwanted data loss.
Also, don't make the password too complex or you might end up forgetting it.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Sasha88x

Activity: 156
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 12:27:19 AM

Despite the fact that this wallet is free, I like it in everything.. And in terms of security, the main thing is not to keep the secret key on the computer, and store it on a flash drive.
Kseniya17

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 08:36:10 PM

I use the Metamask extension to protect my wallet, and also to make the work with ether and other tokens convenient and fast.
bitcoinpeople1

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:34:13 PM

I think there are few things that you can do on your path to keep your Myetherwallet safe. Firstly, never ever share your private key and any other useful information with any one else, and make sure that your private key is kept safe, but somewhere you can always access it. Also, you should get an hardware if you can. Maybe a nano-ledger
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 06:18:20 AM

I've posted guide how to use Cryptonite from Metacert. It is probably the safest way you can protect yourself from phishing sites.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5049682.0

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
BitDane

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 06:29:38 AM

how to protect your wallet myetherwallet.com Huh

Check the URL it should be always green, it should say MyEtherWallet Inc [US] & always do check the certificate by clicking on a green lock to ensure it is valid & genuine. Bookmark myetherwallet page & never visit the website by doing a google search. Install uBlock Origin chrome extension recommended by myetherwallet to block pop up ads & Cryptonite chrome extension by MetaCert to block phishing websites.
Thanks for sharing these things especially for those newbies that are really starting to create their wallet. This will help them in protecting their hard-earn cryptocurrencies. What I just want to emphasize is that we need to be very careful with everything on the internet. Let us not go to the websites that will compromise our accounts. Especially those who go to the links that offer so good to be true schemes.
Mattthev

Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 06:33:45 AM

Check the URL it should be always green, it should say MyEtherWallet Inc [US] & always do check the certificate by clicking on a green lock to ensure it is valid & genuine. Bookmark myetherwallet page & never visit the website by doing a google search. Install uBlock Origin chrome extension recommended by myetherwallet to block pop up ads & Cryptonite chrome extension by MetaCert to block phishing websites.
Thanks for sharing these things especially for those newbies that are really starting to create their wallet. This will help them in protecting their hard-earn cryptocurrencies. What I just want to emphasize is that we need to be very careful with everything on the internet. Let us not go to the websites that will compromise our accounts. Especially those who go to the links that offer so good to be true schemes.
You better use Cryptonite in the browser, it will block known phishing sites and shield will be green on the known genuine sites like MEW.
Download: https://www.metacertprotocol.com/cryptonite
Guide: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5049682.0

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
necromastery

Activity: 1414
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 06:46:46 AM

I've mostly done some of the above advise. Now we must avoid human error like, never use public network or computer to access my wallet. Sometimes trivial things like this can be a gap that is used properly by the hacker. Hacking the crypto wallets is very popular right now, this is a scary hobby.
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 06:53:15 AM

I think the best way to protect your Ether wallet is to protect your private key from hackers, do not reveal your private key to any other person other than yourself because they are your private information,store it in a secret place

Wind_Crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 36

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 06:56:26 AM

u can't, it's just a platform/dashboard that enables u to interact with ur eth wallet...u can improve the security of access via using hardware token or metamask to access it
Noizebtc

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:46:59 AM

The only way to protect your wallet is to buy an additional hardware wallet that will forgive you for errors and even if you catch the virus, the scammers will still not be able to access your assets
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:51:08 AM

There are many ways to protect your wallet accessed via myetherwallet.com.
1. Choose a really strong password using upper, lower case, numbers and special characters at least 12 in length preferably up to 20
2. If you want more protection then use metamask
3. If you do not trust internet connection fully then run a version of MEW offline and only connect to finish the transaction
4. If you want more security then keep your ETH and tokens on a hardware wallet such as Ledger

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
ereborltc

Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 12:08:43 PM

This web wallet is very vulnerable to hackers. I use a hardware wallet to access this website. I believe it can protect my cryptocurrency property.

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
Leomarco

Activity: 434

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 12:31:05 PM

To protect your MEW is you must bookmark the website of mew so it more safely you can avoid phishing webs. Moreover dont give your private key to anyone. store your private key well.

Garrixx

Activity: 182

ONe Social Network

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 12:36:57 PM

do not use any proxy servers and all that, because I know a lot of people who broke their wallets because of their negligence

ONe Social Network  Bringing it all Together!   [   ONe   ]
PRESALE  »  12 June   |   https://www.onesocialnetwork.io
Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 12:56:31 PM

Following the official guidelines of myetherwallet is better and safer, and some suggestions for making MEW safe are:

1. BOOKMARK MYETHERWALLET.COM      2. INSTALL EAL or MetaMask or Cryptonite

TREZOR Hardware Wallet
This is a recommended way to access your wallet.
A hardware wallet is a small USB device that allows you to access your wallet quickly, safely & easily. It is more secure because your private key never leaves the hardware wallet. It protects you from phishing, malware, and more.

And more..

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████