Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:41:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you guys help me get Olaf's (Coinbase) attention? :/  (Read 829 times)
javaguardian (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:14:17 PM

Hey guys. So I've yet again been duped 50 BTC from coinbase through a high risk transaction cancelled. I've tried emailing, redditing, bitcointalking, facebooking, twittering, and phone calling them and Coinbase hasn't returned any response yet. It's been 3 weeks btw (and i pretended to be someone else during those 3 weeks and got a response the very next day). Can you guys help me get his attention? Man, I can't reach AT ALL cuz he's ignoring me. So pissed off.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
videos4btc

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:19:50 PM

Hey guys. So I've yet again been duped 50 BTC from coinbase through a high risk transaction cancelled. I've tried emailing, redditing, bitcointalking, facebooking, twittering, and phone calling them and Coinbase hasn't returned any response yet. It's been 3 weeks btw (and i pretended to be someone else during those 3 weeks and got a response the very next day). Can you guys help me get his attention? Man, I can't reach AT ALL cuz he's ignoring me. So pissed off.

are you a scammer?
almostmike

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:26:24 PM

Dude, I wish. Olaf still won't respond to me either and I've gone the conservative route, only messaging him here three times (not more than once per week) and messaging support three or four times (again, only about once per week). My thinking was that over-messaging might actually piss them off and they'd be more reluctant to respond, but I guess they're really not responding to anyone who they've royally screwed over now.

Outside of one boilerplate response from support (Rees), I've heard nothing and they've done nothing to resolve my situation.

I've gone from recommending Coinbase to everyone to warning everyone not to do business with them.

I'll let you know if I hear anything, but I've pretty much lost all hope at this point.
javaguardian (OP)

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:27:10 PM

Are you considering to start a Class action lawsuit against them?
almostmike

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:37:34 PM

What the hell? Olaf is still telling people this today...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341541.msg3670239#msg3670239

Olaf from Coinbase here. I'm sorry for the trouble you all have been experiencing! Email support and let us know you want these transactions pushed through - we manually review cancellations upon request. Thanks for your patience with this.

I've done this and Coinbase keeps ignoring me. I'm a Level-2, fully verified member, made several buys in the past, and yet support ignores me.  Sad

Is Olaf lying for PR purposes or does it just take over a month to hear anything or to get resolved?

Are you considering to start a Class action lawsuit against them?

Definitely considering if my situation is not rectified very soon. My friend is also a journalist who's writing a book and some upcoming articles on bitcoin and he's very aware of just how dire the Coinbase situation is (he's experienced canceled orders, holding his money, support ignoring him as well). I told him if he mentioned who he was, I bet they would actually pay attention to him and rectify his situation, but alas... Coinbase may have some very unfavorable and widely read press coming their way soon. Part of me still hopes they can turn it around and make things right for all those they've screwed, but I'm not sure if it's possible at this point.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:21:41 PM

I just sold a couple through coinbase, I'll see how it goes as a transaction. That said- they have to be REALLY careful right now with the regulators breathing down their backs. I wouldn't be surprised if they have to err on the conservative side for now. Which probably means pissing off a few people. It also means a class action won't go anywhere if it's because they are trying to conform to vague regulatory rules.

more or less retired.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:25:12 AM

I just sold a couple through coinbase, I'll see how it goes as a transaction. That said- they have to be REALLY careful right now with the regulators breathing down their backs. I wouldn't be surprised if they have to err on the conservative side for now. Which probably means pissing off a few people. It also means a class action won't go anywhere if it's because they are trying to conform to vague regulatory rules.

Any explanation, as to the immediate cause of concern? Any details?

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:30:55 AM

Funny how the cancellations for buys always happen when the price of BTC goes up  Roll Eyes
nanobtc

Activity: 601
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 06:20:47 AM

I have been white-listed by Olaf. Transactions cancelled. I have been white-listed by Rees. Transactions cancelled.  They are holding my $$$ for nearly a month.

Rees said they would push my transactions through. It is not happening. I am Level-2 verified.

Case #: 42788

Lennon: "free as a bird"
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:01:01 PM

Funny how the cancellations for buys always happen when the price of BTC goes up  Roll Eyes

That would be a logical explanation, except that I had a sell (apparently) canceled after the price of BTC went up.

I think they are just not handling things very well.
nanobtc

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 10:14:43 PM

I have to add here that my problem was resolved with complete satisfaction on my part (other than it took a while). I got on #coinbase on freenode.net and was able to find someone to help.

almostmike

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:43:14 PM

I have to add here that my problem was resolved with complete satisfaction on my part (other than it took a while). I got on #coinbase on freenode.net and was able to find someone to help.

I'm happy your problem was resolved.  Smiley

Would you please share who helped you or what you did to get their attention? I haven't succeeded in getting any help yet.
malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:04:58 PM

the same problem here. it;s not a new case. it's my 23 canceled transaction with them. Lol last month i bought 40k worth of bitcoin and no problem.
Someone from the staff contact me and he told me this transactions are done base on an algorithm bla bla. If they won't pass the verification they are canceled. Hope btc will be stabilized so we can buy again

nanobtc

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 11:14:47 PM

I actually found a guy in the channel that  I believe (after searching later) was a Coinbase developer. He said that he was watching that channel in his spare time, implying that he was doing it while 'not at work' officially. Out of respect for his privacy I won't mention his name.

He found my account, and sent an internal email to one of the support guys I had a few email exchanges with. I had an email from the support guy within 30 minutes that straightened it all out, and my transactions are in process.

I would suggest get on that channel, and see who the op is, and/or ask around in there. If you are not familiar with IRC, it's often considered bad form to directly /msg someone without asking them in the channel (some Windows IRC clients used to have vulnerabilities).

I am Level 2 verified, with no credit card on file. I was not sure if that could involve an extra 3% fee if they used it.

malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:17:39 PM

i'm asking because if you have a credit card on file they are forced to give you 10 instant btc so this involve to have your bank credited properly with no canceled transactions.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: