Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:31:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Goddamnit...  (Read 1219 times)
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:12:31 PM

...that is completely not true, yeah "strategic", it was strategic to nuke Japan twice altough they were on the verge of surrendering, not mentioning they nuked civilians and not military targets

How to keep your civilians a bit safer:

1. Don't start wars.
2. After starting a war and finding yourself in a hopeless predicament, surrender immediately.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crumbs

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:14:01 PM

"god deniers"? really?

the Christians came in, murdering and enslaving my people, systematically stamping out our existing religious tradition.

How about "personal responsibility avoiders" some of us don't need some off planet redeemer to behave well.

Who are your people?
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:18:33 PM

"god deniers"? really?

the Christians came in, murdering and enslaving my people, systematically stamping out our existing religious tradition.

How about "personal responsibility avoiders" some of us don't need some off planet redeemer to behave well.

Who are your people?

Northern Europeans, but the story is much the same throughout the world.  Others are, in a way, more lucky in that the conquest was recent enough that they can salvage some semblance of their heritage from memory.  Our traditions were so thoroughly hunted out for so long that we have very little to go on to reclaim it.  Mostly just the fantasies of Victorian occultists.

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 06:20:01 PM

"god deniers"? really?

Already said but I guess I have to repeat. Murdering not for religion, just for getting material possessions, enslaving not for religion, for even more material gain, stamping out existing religious tradition, not for their own religion, but for disrespect to other opinions and religions. Religion is often used as cover for dastardly deeds.

crumbs

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:25:17 PM

"god deniers"? really?

Who are your people?

Northern Europeans, but the story is much the same throughout the world.  Others are, in a way, more lucky in that the conquest was recent enough that they can salvage some semblance of their heritage from memory.  Our traditions were so thoroughly hunted out for so long that we have very little to go on to reclaim it.  Mostly just the fantasies of Victorian occultists.

Wait.  Now i'm confused.  Northern Europe?  Who are your people?  What timeframe are we talking about?  Could i have a specific so i could address it?
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:34:37 PM

I refer to the animist and druidic traditions of Celtic Europe.  The early Christians weren't so bad, a few crackpot monks wandering around, started getting bad around 380ish.

Is it silly to be bitter about it?  maybe, but the desert male redeemer cult does not appeal to me in the least.

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
crumbs

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:48:36 PM

I refer to the animist and druidic traditions of Celtic Europe.  The early Christians weren't so bad, a few crackpot monks wandering around, started getting bad around 380ish.

Is it silly to be bitter about it?  maybe, but the desert male redeemer cult does not appeal to me in the least.

Wait.  Christians pwning Druids around 380 AD?  I'm not a history buff, could you please point me to what you are talking about?  I'm intrigued.
Did the Killer Christians belong to some nation, or were they just roving, murderous monks?
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:59:39 PM

The 'desert male redeemer' voluntarily allowed a gang of thugs to torture and kill him. Just before he died he asked that they be forgiven because they 'don't know what they're doing'.

That's the benchmark. He hated the sick deeds of crackpots, just like you do, and called them out on their hypocrisy. But he understood it was the human condition that needed fixing.
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:03:42 PM

Wait.  Christians pwning Druids around 380 AD?  I'm not a history buff, could you please point me to what you are talking about?  I'm intrigued.
Did the Killer Christians belong to some nation, or were they just roving, murderous monks?

its a long sordid story, way too long to tell here

the main body of the druids were actually destroyed by pre Christian Romans on the island of Anglesey in 61AD but the traditions survived among the population for several centuries after that.  There were other Wiccan and animist traditions across Europe at the time.

Later the Roman Empire converted to Christianity, starting under Constantine in 312 but really getting with it under Theodosius in 380 who outlawed all pagan practice.

crumbs

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:07:04 PM

its a long sordid story, way too long to tell here

the main body of the druids were actually destroyed by pre Christian Romans on the island of Anglesey in 61AD but the traditions survived among the population for several centuries after that.  There were other Wiccan and animist traditions across Europe at the time.

Later the Roman Empire converted to Christianity, starting under Constantine in 312 but really getting with it under Theodosius in 380 who outlawed all pagan practice.

So...  The Romans, who were not Christian at the time (and were using Christians as lion treats), pwnt some Druids.  Christianity responsible.  Amirite?
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:14:35 PM

Reading comprehension fail?  I said the traditions survived the battle of Anglesey.  After 380 the Holy Roman Empire embarked on a genocidal campaign against indigenous pagan practice, to the point that today we don't even really know what tit looked like.  And don't think the church of Rome was the only culprit.  Even after the reformation of the 15th century Protestants had a hell of a hard on for weeding out the last vestiges of the practice.

We are talking about over a thousand years of systematic repression, torture and murder.

crumbs

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:31:50 PM

Reading comprehension fail?  I said the traditions survived the battle of Anglesey.  After 380 the Holy Roman Empire embarked on a genocidal campaign against indigenous pagan practice, to the point that today we don't even really know what tit looked like.  And don't think the church of Rome was the only culprit.  Even after the reformation of the 15th century Protestants had a hell of a hard on for weeding out the last vestiges of the practice.

We are talking about over a thousand years of systematic repression, torture and murder.

No.  No reading comprehension fails here.  The Romans, who were pwning Druids before Rome became a Christendom, continued to i'm in ur base killing ur Druids.  Most of ur d00ds were killed by the same Romans before Christianity was even a thing, according to your post.

If i go around drowning kittens in the name of Beelzebub, and then keep doing it in the name of Bitcoin, is Bitcoin responsible for all the killing?
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:34:35 PM

ok, I see why your ignore button is so dark

crumbs

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:37:35 PM

ok, I see why your ignore button is so dark

If i go around drowning kittens in the name of Beelzebub, and then keep doing it in the name of Bitcoin, is Bitcoin responsible for all the killing?
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:43:29 PM

you fixate on one event, against one, of many, traditions and ignore that the same stuff is going on 1500 years later

done with you crumb

crumbs

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 08:01:20 PM

you fixate on one event, against one, of many, traditions and ignore that the same stuff is going on 1500 years later

done with you crumb

I fixate on the event you used as your example of Christians killing your people (you still didn't tell me who they are).

When i asked you what, exactly, you were referring to, it became obvious that you simply made shit up.  It turned out that, even according to you, your people were killed off by pagan Romans, who simply continued slaughtering your people after Constantine's conversion in the year 312.
Rome itself remained pagan for another 79 years, when Christianity became Rome's official religion.  Your knowledge of history is as shabby as mine.

Think before you attack.  Get your facts straight.  Don't resort to personal insults, and people might take you seriously.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:54:23 AM

NOTE: I am not a religious person at all. I believe in nothing but my curiosity and my *whole* conscious.
Well that's good you believe in god.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Malongo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:55:26 AM

what's so bad about trolling a religious nut?

I trolled so hard...

No, you did not.

You like Slayer? Your LIFE!
He feels offended? His bad.
Who cares?

Only because  one believes in this "God" (no, i reallt DON'T) doesnt give anyone the right, to treat a non believer different.
Religions are a fucking Shit but if someone wants to believe in that crap, feel free to do it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: