Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:53:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Gigadice.com - Tons of Unique Features  (Read 4786 times)
Stake

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:19:10 AM

how much the bid now ?

To the best of my knowledge it's not a bid but rather a price set by GigaDice.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GigaDice (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:21:49 AM

that's pretty misleading, i think and really bad advertising. the site is live and it confirms, on the site at least, the cashout of said 1BTC.

so i guess, lots of people are waiting for their free money, which will probably never show up, resulting in a burned reputation right before the start/selling....bad bad move.

The coins are "fake" coins, which are added to everyone's account when they create one. For this reason deposits/cash outs have been disabled.

that wasnt/isnt written anywhere on the page (links like faq etc dont work, remember?), also cashout is not disabled. it said "sent" a few minutes ago after a payout request of the full amount.

well, just  looks like another money grab/gambling site fail.

good thing this thread isn't self-moderated.  Smiley

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. The fact is that I explicitly stated that the coins were "fake coins" so individuals could play around before they decide to invest in a separate thread regarding the IPO. I assume I could remove Cash outs entirely while trying to sell the site, but from an prospective buyer it would not bode well as I personally would like to see everything before making such a large purchase. It is much more logical and simple for me to detach the account which would pay cash outs than make massive changes to the code for something so petty. In regards to the FAQ's they are currently being edited and thus have been removed as most of the questions/answers are no longer relevant. Lastly Gigadice would have to be the most expensive/time consuming "money grab" I have ever seen as I've spent over 6 months and thousand's developing it, comments like yours deeply sadden me. Nonetheless if you have any more questions or would like to inquire on anything my PM and email (admin@gigadice.com) is always open.
shitaifan2013
Legendary

Activity: 879
Merit: 1000

monero

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:25:21 AM

that's pretty misleading, i think and really bad advertising. the site is live and it confirms, on the site at least, the cashout of said 1BTC.

so i guess, lots of people are waiting for their free money, which will probably never show up, resulting in a burned reputation right before the start/selling....bad bad move.

The coins are "fake" coins, which are added to everyone's account when they create one. For this reason deposits/cash outs have been disabled.

that wasnt/isnt written anywhere on the page (links like faq etc dont work, remember?), also cashout is not disabled. it said "sent" a few minutes ago after a payout request of the full amount.

well, just  looks like another money grab/gambling site fail.

good thing this thread isn't self-moderated.  Smiley

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. The fact is that I explicitly stated that the coins were "fake coins" so individuals could play around before they decide to invest in a separate thread regarding the IPO. I assume I could remove Cash outs entirely while trying to sell the site, but from an prospective buyer it would not bode well as I personally would like to see everything before making such a large purchase. It is much more logical and simple for me to detach the account which would pay cash outs than make massive changes to the code for something so petty. In regards to the FAQ's they are currently being edited and thus have been removed as most of the questions/answers are no longer relevant. Lastly Gigadice would have to be the most expensive/time consuming "money grab" I have ever seen as I've spent over 6 months and thousand's developing it, comments like yours deeply sadden me. Nonetheless if you have any more questions or would like to inquire on anything my PM and email (admin@gigadice.com) is always open.

I'm not sure if you get my point - anyway, hope your reputation doesnt get burned to bad in case you're one of the good guys.

Tulak

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:31:45 AM

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post.

How much time has to be put into this in order to run smoothly?
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:56:19 PM

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post.

How much time has to be put into this in order to run smoothly?

This isn't a troll question as prospective buyers should know how much time will be invested running the site. The site itself is pretty much entirely automatic although for the site to grow the owner will have to spend time interacting with users on a daily basis and solving any problems which may arise. I'd say the first month or so will require a few hours a day till the site can establish itself within the community.
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:16:50 PM

Why isn't the money from the IPO returned yet?

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:18:20 PM

I have emailed Cryptostocks three times now and just got a response earlier today. I will have to buy back shares for them to refund any investors.
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:28:37 PM

I have emailed Cryptostocks three times now and just got a response earlier today. I will have to buy back shares for them to refund any investors.

Ok, so I put mine on the market. I guess you'll buy them back right away?

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:55:11 AM

how much the bid now ?

As the bids only vary by maybe 1-2 BTC, I'm not to fussed. I'm looking at who would operate the site to its full potential. The highest bid however is 23 BTC including escrow fees.

@Jungian

Yes, you're correct. I will try my best to have the coins back to the investors ASAP. The support at Cryptostocks is atrocious and accomplishing even the most menial tasks is quite the hassle.
moderate

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

nearly dead

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 01:18:58 AM

how much the bid now ?

As the bids only vary by maybe 1-2 BTC, I'm not to fussed. I'm looking at who would operate the site to its full potential. The highest bid however is 23 BTC including escrow fees.

These imaginary bids are lovely. Bring more puppets to the show.
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:10:35 PM

For those who invested in IPO, I have performed the buy back and currently waiting on Cryptostocks to issue your refunds.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:08:34 AM

how come you bought back at 0.00 i thought ipo stated 150% of 3 month average?

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
KunningLinguist

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:29:58 AM

For those who invested in IPO, I have performed the buy back and currently waiting on Cryptostocks to issue your refunds.

Thankyou for responding regarding the matter. Hopefully all is paid back as reputation is a necessity in this game.

GodfatherBond

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:25:59 PM

Is that site still for sale?
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:12:10 PM

Yes, I have been busy trying to get everyone's investment back from the IPO so I haven't contacted the interested buyers yet. The price is also now negotiable as the price of BTC has skyrocketed since the posting of this topic.

@IPO investors: Cryptostocks made an error during the refund process and I'm trying to sort things out with them so the coins are sent to you ASAP.
tgoc

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:36:48 PM

hello,

first of all good luck with the sale Smiley

second, you might want to talk to your dev regarding this system... is a very inefficient code i tried testing it and, it was lag all over, my first tough was that my internet connection is bad but, when i looked at the code why... i saw hundreds of unnecessary request done from my browser, this also affects your server's performances ...

there is also not much filters on your website so its very big security issue there ...

the game looks good but it also has to be efficient... try keeping that in mind, maybe thats why you don't have a user base yet.

anyone trying to buy this... the website looks ok but needs more development on it so its not a finalised project.

i'm sharing my opinion so no one gets screwed over.

KunningLinguist

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:19:15 AM

Yes, I have been busy trying to get everyone's investment back from the IPO so I haven't contacted the interested buyers yet. The price is also now negotiable as the price of BTC has skyrocketed since the posting of this topic.

@IPO investors: Cryptostocks made an error during the refund process and I'm trying to sort things out with them so the coins are sent to you ASAP.

Yep, ASAP would be good as it's doing huge damage to gigadice reputation. That's not good when your trying to sell.

CeeHustle

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:07:30 PM

Gigadice...  WHY are we still waiting for refunds and you're not updating us on why they're not coming through??  Please hurry this process up and keep us informed as to what is happening. If you're trying to sell the site, it'll be a little bit harder to sell if the potential clients think you've stolen bitcoin from previous stockholders.
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:06:26 AM

I have sent Cryptostocks 6 seperate emails begging them to refund anyone who had invested and each email has gotten a fluffy response. Hopefully my last "angry" email will get a response out of them and the coins are sent back to their respective owners.

GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:01:41 AM

Cryptostocks has finally responded and will issue the refunds when they receive my latest email. These last few weeks have been extremely chaotic for me and haven't gotten a chance to sort out any deals with prospective buyers. I have decided to lower the price, that I'm looking for to 13-15 BTC to go with the price change BTC has went through. Sorry if this post doesn't make much sense, haven't went to sleep in over 30 hours.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: