Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:16:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bubble phases  (Read 2479 times)
Bitsurprise (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:31:42 PM

You can see the bubble phases on the chart , we are currently at the public phase becareful and speculate/invest with caution don't cry or regret your own actions if it drops , yes the top may be much higher but this is a bubble period , whether you like it or not get real it was $13 at the beginning of the year , i am used to this i see this all the time at penny stocks : hype and mania in forums/boom/crash , yes BTC may succeed someday but not like this , now its a speculative security not a digital currency nothing wrong with that but don't be delusional and trade with caution .

http://www.thereformedbroker.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/bubble-phases.jpg
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:35:15 PM

You can see the bubble phases on the chart , we are currently at the public phase becareful and speculate/invest with caution don't cry or regret your own actions if it drops , yes the top may be much higher but this is a bubble period , whether you like it or not get real it was $13 at the beginning of the year , i am used to this i see this all the time at penny stocks : hype and mania in forums/boom/crash , yes BTC may succeed someday but not like this , now its a speculative security not a digital currency nothing wrong with that but don't be delusional and trade with caution .

So what you're saying is we have gone up a a lot this year? And also bitcoin is a penny stock. Is it listed?
I_bitcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:40:43 PM

That bubble phases chart makes me nuts and I just figured out why.

In most bubbles I can think of the resources were not bounded. 

• Tulips: Just grow more
  • Housing: Just build more
  • Stock Market: Just issue more

Feel free to add to my list.   Does this make sense? 

No matter where you go, there you are.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 03:41:12 PM

bitcoin is a penny stock. Is it listed?
yes
It's listed on secondmarket
Edward50

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:42:19 PM

This reminds me of the 1st bubble in 2011. People are just going crazy right now. I have seen many posts and chatroom comments of people saying that bitcoin will be going to 1 million USD in a year.

At around that time we were in the first bubble was when I learned about bitcoin. I even got the same ideas about becoming rich etc. I was smart and knew it was way overpriced so I didn't buy. It eventually went from around $30 to $2.00.

Since it is very difficult to buy bitcoins if you are just coming into the market now, I can't see how new money is supporting the price. People are probably just riding it up and holding but as soon as the price starts to fall everybody will be cashing out hard. The price could then drop from like $800 to under $400 without anyone being able to sell their coins. I have seen these kinds of drops.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 03:44:36 PM

hahaha look who's here!
Bitsurprise (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:45:52 PM

Notice the first sell-off on the chart , then the media attention , then the greed and delusion .. sound familiar ?
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:47:06 PM

This reminds me of the 1st bubble in 2011. People are just going crazy right now. I have seen many posts and chatroom comments of people saying that bitcoin will be going to 1 million USD in a year.

At around that time we were in the first bubble was when I learned about bitcoin. I even got the same ideas about becoming rich etc. I was smart and knew it was way overpriced so I didn't buy. It eventually went from around $30 to $2.00.

Since it is very difficult to buy bitcoins if you are just coming into the market now, I can't see how new money is supporting the price. People are probably just riding it up and holding but as soon as the price starts to fall everybody will be cashing out hard. The price could then drop from like $800 to under $400 without anyone being able to sell their coins. I have seen these kinds of drops.

Did you buy at $2? I'm just trying to confirm the "I was smart" part of your post.
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:47:58 PM

How was it overpriced at $30 when it's $800+ right now?
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:48:37 PM

Notice the first sell-off on the chart , then the media attention , then the greed and delusion .. sound familiar ?

Yeah it sounds like March. Just before the highest leg up.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 03:51:32 PM

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/List_of_alternative_cryptocurrencies
Bitsurprise (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:58:37 PM

Edward50

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:02:39 PM

We are in the Return to Normal phase right now.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
I_bitcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:03:34 PM

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/List_of_alternative_cryptocurrencies

Lol, EXACTLY

No matter where you go, there you are.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:05:26 PM

I can't even count the times we've heard this, at least once a day I think in this forum. Tongue

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:07:16 PM

Hope we bubble away for a bit longer

Best to be prepared for either scenario

Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:07:31 PM

I can't even count the times we've heard this, at least once a day I think in this forum. Tongue

Same for the number of times the picture was posted.
Edward50

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:14:19 PM

We are just passing the return to normal phase and heading towards fear.

Just read the recent new threads on speculation. People calling for a crash etc.

This is so much like the 2011 bubble which I was around for.

superduh

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:32:57 PM

actually if you really think about it we are still at the take-off stage. i'll let you think more on that.

ok
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:34:53 PM

Price will crash. Everyone in the press agrees that this is the end of Bitcoin. Bitcoin will hit bottom and rise again. Next bubble ($5000?). Rinse repeat.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.