Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 02:13:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Datacoin] Unique Project - Donate and Store Files Forever !  (Read 1674 times)
maxsolnc (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 03:59:53 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 02:30:07 PM by maxsolnc

I decided to start a new project based on Datacoin. (main thread  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325735.0 )

It will be unique service - website where everyone can offer some useful big files to be stored in Datacoin blockchain

http://datacoin.info/index.php?id=donations

This project will be fully finished only after implementing 'store big file' functionality, I think it will be implemented very soon.

Update:

• There exists website where community can offer a file for storing. Everyone can vote for files (optionally).
  • Each file has its own automatically generated wallet for donations. Each file is uploaded to server and split into small chunks (1MB)
  • Anyone can send coins to wallet of defined file. When there is enough coins to upload a chunk, upload process begins automatically
  • Each file has 'progress bar' for - percents uploaded/remaining, coins needed to finish, etc
  • If someone sends big amount of money (more than for 1 chunk), there appears progress bar 'queue' and file will be queued for multiple chunks
  • If file is queued, there is no need to send coins to it until queue is finished
  • There will be limit of chunks per day, this project shouldn't spam network and disallow others to upload their own files

In case of this scenario no one can scam community and take a big amount of money from wallet away (5K Datacoins for 100MB). Wallet will always contain small amounts of coins.

You can also give ideas for title of the project, also you can PM me if you have designer skills - I need experienced people to work at this website.

Thanks to one of the forum members, bidji29. He sent me 5K Datacoins for storing near 100 MB of files in blockchain (the pirate bay dump, for example).

DTC: DMcKNp47fNtgM7sritK9GfJEQ1DzME5nwk
BTC: 1FgUGra685ZwkrX5VnRvfaYp4bHJhC7x4H
maxsolnc (OP)

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 08:28:19 PM

Concept nearly finished, see in OP

noSlave

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 08:48:56 PM

That sounds like a really great projekt. Hope you will finished it as well :-).

First of all i´ve got a question. Is it a totaly new projekt or is there a chance to cooperate with other coins?
And will it be 100% decentralize? Everyone have to load every upload? I guess i missed a information you write.
maxsolnc (OP)

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 08:53:24 PM

That sounds like a really great projekt. Hope you will finished it as well :-).

First of all i´ve got a question. Is it a totaly new projekt or is there a chance to cooperate with other coins?
And will it be 100% decentralize? Everyone have to load every upload? I guess i missed a information you write.

• It's totally new project
  • It will be fully decentralized, files will be stored into blockchain - look into main Datacoin thread (added to OP) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325735.0
  • Everyone can offer that 'big file' if he cannot upload it himself. In that case files should be useful for the whole community
  • With Datacoin everyone can upload anything to blockchain, but big files will be very expensive to one man: 50 Datacoins for 1 MB. So big useful files can be sponsored with community

noSlave

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 09:42:54 PM

Ok thanks. How will it be managed if the blockchain get over 100GB. I think this is possible if the projekt runs in near future also more.

I think it could a good idea to change the scribt a little bit. Use not one blockchain, use a lots of them which are in cooperation. The blockchains in my futurtopic have a diffent conecting to the network. That will make it possible to differentiate important file and not so important files.

For example.

10 differnece blockchain
100.000 User
500 GB uploaded

One big blockchain includet all files and will be host at some sever that everyone can see the data without downloading blockchain. (also intersting to  reach a lot of people, because not everyone will download a blockchain.)
Then the other blockchains subdivide the files after her importance. There are two ways to decide what is importace. First the uploader decide and have to make a bigger pay. If he can´t pay the community will maybe sponcored if it was really important or useful. The otherwise is the community asself decide what is important and what not and how important it is.
The most important files are in blockchain 9 the little less files are in 8 and so on.

The blockchain from 9 all ninth have to download it. The blockchain with a little less important files only every eights...and so on.

On this way we can save a lots of resources, i think. And the secound point is there are class-divided payment option. Pay more if you think it´s important. Pay less if it´s not so important, you think.  Pay less or nothing if it´s important but the community supports your file.

Thats are just some idea comming in my brain during i read your projekt. Don´t want to keep them as mine :-)

Ps: Sorry for that bad english. ...i´m not really speak this language.

grezz noSlave
maxsolnc (OP)

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 10:13:20 PM

Ok thanks. How will it be managed if the blockchain get over 100GB. I think this is possible if the projekt runs in near future also more.

I think it could a good idea to change the scribt a little bit. Use not one blockchain, use a lots of them which are in cooperation. The blockchains in my futurtopic have a diffent conecting to the network. That will make it possible to differentiate important file and not so important files.

For example.

10 differnece blockchain
100.000 User
500 GB uploaded

One big blockchain includet all files and will be host at some sever that everyone can see the data without downloading blockchain. (also intersting to  reach a lot of people, because not everyone will download a blockchain.)
Then the other blockchains subdivide the files after her importance. There are two ways to decide what is importace. First the uploader decide and have to make a bigger pay. If he can´t pay the community will maybe sponcored if it was really important or useful. The otherwise is the community asself decide what is important and what not and how important it is.
The most important files are in blockchain 9 the little less files are in 8 and so on.

The blockchain from 9 all ninth have to download it. The blockchain with a little less important files only every eights...and so on.

On this way we can save a lots of resources, i think. And the secound point is there are class-divided payment option. Pay more if you think it´s important. Pay less if it´s not so important, you think.  Pay less or nothing if it´s important but the community supports your file.

Thats are just some idea comming in my brain during i read your projekt. Don´t want to keep them as mine :-)

Ps: Sorry for that bad english. ...i´m not really speak this language.

grezz noSlave

I got your point. You're talking about decentralized system with less redundancy than is presented by current Datacoin version. But it can create much more difficulties for maintenance: many users will have different versions of blockchain. It will add a lot of confusing: voting system, etc etc. And the system will be vulnerable to someone who'll spam with incorrect voting like governments. Just imagine if any government wants to vote for some information to take it to the lowest priority blockchain. After successful voting this information will be much more vulnerable than in case when it is stored on computer of every Datacoin user.

dr_chen

Activity: 494

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:48:12 PM

good idea

this makes dtc a useful altcoin

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
maxsolnc (OP)

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 09:18:03 AM

good idea

this makes dtc a useful altcoin

Yup. If oocook5u doesn't release 'add big file' functionality in some days, I'll implement it myself (or maybe there is anyone else who wants to help me - possible experienced perl developer). After it there will be no blockers, and this project will be created very quickly.

maxsolnc (OP)

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 01:09:31 PM

Some updates:
 - oocook5u told me yesterday that he's working at this functionality, and it will be added soon (see main thread).
 - technical update: all wallet numbers, filenames and 'entry points' for each file will be also pushed to blockchain and will be kept up-to-date. So I'll release initial Tx id where anyone can take this file with list of stored content. In case of site unavailability anyone can easily get necessary files from blockchain with help of only this initial TX id
 - concept update: there will be wallets for each file, and one wallet for 'overall' donation - if someone doesn't prefer any file, he can send money to this wallet. These coins will go to file which has the highest vote rating.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: