Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:58:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 3D Printing  (Read 2849 times)
rampalija

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:47:02 PM

3d printers are so expenssive

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
3DX4D

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:03:46 PM

So where ink jet printers a few years ago.  They will keep coming down in price.
markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:11:25 PM

So where ink jet printers a few years ago.  They will keep coming down in price.

Hence the Peachy! It will only be about $100!

rampalija

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:24:54 PM

Hence the Peachy! It will only be about $100!

But if you have more knowledge in making things you should use some other stuff to make box like this one on picture not the 3d printer

imbladednow

Activity: 481
Merit: 500

Woking as a binman sucks.

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:50:23 PM

How much the 3d printer cost and how much cost the material for making one of the 3/4" "corner" pieces shown on the image?

BTW the white corner has nice Bitcoin logo...

I need crypto in my life and garbage out of it.
rampalija

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:58:30 PM

How much the 3d printer cost and how much cost the material for making one of the 3/4" "corner" pieces shown on the image?

lol i just saw the logo Smiley

3DX4D

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:27:31 PM

The printer cost me about $1700 CAD, there is probably less than $0.20 CAD in plastic per piece, at med resolution it takes about 40 minutes to print.  The black and white ones on that rig are 3/4" and made from ABS. I also made a handful of ~1/2" ones for 1/2" aluminium square tube as well.  Structurally I am pretty sure 1/2" would do a 3 or 4 card rig but I happened to have some 3/4 kickin around so I used it instead of buying new 1/2.  I did blue PLA, white and black ABS if I have time I'll post a few pics of the pieces by themselves without the aluminium.
rampalija

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:35:05 PM

to much costs for nothing

PinkBatman

Activity: 267

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:38:39 PM

I paid $800 for a Solidoodle. Is that too much to make practically any plastic piece you could think of?

Hell, I made myself a dust bin the other day.
3DX4D

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:54:16 PM

Will it pay for itself or make me any money, no of course not, but I didn't buy it for either of those.  I also didn't buy it to make my rig.  I had the printer a while ago, when I relocated my rig I decided to fool around and do something myself.  It's a very fun hobby and I get a lot of personal entertainment designing and making things myself.  I have made a lot of things (for friends and family as well) that are just plain neat LOL.  I have spent much much more on hobbies in the past, $1700 in the long run is an insignificant amount of money for my entertainment, so I have absolutely no delusions or beefs with paying what I paid.

Too much and nothing are subjective in this case, not fact.
compro01

Activity: 590

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:17:19 PM

Just watch the forum, their kickstarter page, and their site.  I'd expect you may be able to place an order for one as soon as April.

If you back them now, can you be one of the ones that gets it mid-2014?

The backing period ended over a month ago.  You missed the boat, so if you want one, you'll just have to wait until they start offering them for public sale.  You can sign up for their mailing list and they'll notify you when they do start selling them.
rampalija

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:18:12 PM

Just watch the forum, their kickstarter page, and their site.  I'd expect you may be able to place an order for one as soon as April.

The backing period ended over a month ago.  You missed the boat, so if you want one, you'll just have to wait until they start offering them for public sale.  You can sign up for their mailing list and they'll notify you when they do start selling them.

I am not interestesed

markjamrobin

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:20:30 PM

I am not interestesed

I don't think he was talking to you in particular "rampalija", but ok Smiley

BitcoinFr34k

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:34:00 PM

I am not interestesed

I don't think he was talking to you in particular "rampalija", but ok Smiley

He just makes random posts to increase his postcount. Most of his posts don't make any sense at all.
Rob768 (OP)

Activity: 324

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:07:36 PM

Let's get back on topic?  Who has a 3D Printer, and if so which is it?
compro01

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:41:55 PM

Let's get back on topic?  Who has a 3D Printer, and if so which is it?

Don't have one yet, but I am a backer of the Peachy mentioned upthread, so I will have one sometime next year.
zendantom

Activity: 195

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:28:55 PM

Any estimate when 3D printers will be sold as serial models (big brands, mass production)?

Coin.Karma

Activity: 189

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:41:01 PM

I have one, the Makerbot Thing-o-matic. Very old now. I bought it when it came out. Its out of production now. bout' 2 yrs ago I think. I use it sometimes. Otherwise mostly use web services to get my prototypes. Building a Delta Ceramic Printer now. Open Source info available online if anyone interested...

Something I designed.....http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:7743 ......the page has some photos taken of the print I made on the printer also..

cheers
compro01

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:27:57 PM

Any estimate when 3D printers will be sold as serial models (big brands, mass production)?

Possibly as soon as next year.  HP is planning to enter the consumer (they've made professional 3D printers for years) 3D printer market.
furezasan

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 12:47:02 AM

An interesting and completely disruptive technology (much like bitcoin).

Think about all the material goods you buy... and now all of a sudden you don't buy these things, you make them yourself.

And how will we pay for the designs we download? What incentive is there for designers? At first there will be printers and 'design stores' that lock you in with DRM, but very soon and easily free versions will pop up.

Basically, those who provide the raw materials that these things need will be laughing. Whereas stores like IKEA will be obsolete.

The future looks so awesome, you'll be able to scan an object on your phone on one side of the world and sell it to someone on the other side in minutes... the money will be in your wallet as they begin printing the object right at home. No shipping, no warehouses, no banks, no losses, no hassle!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: