Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:50:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin to Cash Hacked  (Read 3468 times)
RandomQ (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:19:22 PM

With a great sadness I have to report my failure.

This week a cluster of VPS that i have been using for a few months as a private coin mixing service for my clients has been compromised. I've been in contact with my hosting company to figure out how my servers had been accessed. It appears that a Jelly bean android device that I have been using had been compromised and thats how they got access to the servers. Total loss from the hack is just under 100 BTC.  At this point my cold storage and USD reserve is only going to cover ~20% of those losses. I also can not release addresses because of the nature of the services that I offered it would possible to track the sources of bitcoins from my customers. I have already reached out to many of my customers this week to let them know I won't be able to continue the services that they have be accustomed to. Due to the nature of some of the services I offer, I do not have the option of going to the police to report this theft. I've had to shutdown my private Tor Site, My Public site, and my current Local Cash to Bitcoins services. Right now the current losses that I won't be able to repay sits at around 50K USD at current market prices. I want to thank the bitcoin community for there support over the past 2 years, you have helped push our sales to close to 1 Million USD. I took great pride in the fact that I had not lost .01 BTC in that time, until this week.
I will provide future updates when more information becomes available

RandomQ
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:19:36 PM

reserved
/dev/null

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:27:34 PM

This week a cluster of VPS that i have been using for a few months as a private coin mixing service for my clients has been compromised. I've been in contact with my hosting company to figure out how my servers had been accessed. It appears that a Jelly bean android device that I have been using had been compromised and thats how they got access to the servers. Total loss from the hack is just under 100 BTC.  At this point my cold storage and USD reserve is only going to cover ~20% of those losses. I also can not release addresses because of the nature of the services that I offered it would possible to track the sources of bitcoins from my customers. I have already reached out to many of my customers this week to let them know I won't be able to continue the services that they have be accustomed to. Due to the nature of some of the services I offer, I do not have the option of going to the police to report this theft. I've had to shutdown my private Tor Site, My Public site, and my current Local Cash to Bitcoins services. Right now the current losses that I won't be able to repay sits at around 50K USD at current market prices. I want to thank the bitcoin community for there support over the past 2 years, you have helped push our all sales to close to 1 Million USD. I took great pride in the fact that I had not lost .01 BTC in that time, until this week.

RandomQ

Don't mind but it's hard to believe, looks like a happy thing for you and i think more and more sites will get hacked (in theory) soon like inputs.io.
People will stop trusting these kind of services.

/dev/null

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:32:58 PM

Here's another version.

This week a cluster of VPS that i have been using for a few months as a private coin mixing service for my clients has been compromised. I've been in contact with my hosting company to figure out how my servers had been accessed. It appears that a Jelly bean android device that I have been using had been compromised and thats how they got access to the servers. Total loss from the hack is just under 100 BTC.  At this point my cold storage and USD reserve is only going to cover ~20% of those losses. I also can not release addresses because of the nature of the services that I offered it would possible to track the sources of bitcoins from my customers. I have already reached out to many of my customers this week to let them know I won't be able to continue the services that they have be accustomed to. Due to the nature of some of the services I offer, I do not have the option of going to the police to report this theft. I've had to shutdown my private Tor Site, My Public site, and my current Local Cash to Bitcoins services. Right now the current profit that I got be able to repay sits at around 50K USD at current market prices. I want to thank the bitcoin community for there support over the past 2 years, you have helped push our all sales to close to 1 Million USD. I took great pride in the fact that I had not lost .01 BTC in that time, until this week.

RandomQ

1life

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:50:38 PM

Another scam trying to come out and post this shit before shit really hits the fan, pathetic pieces of shit.. hack? fuck off bud and get a new excuse we seem to see that one used a lot on here
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:55:41 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 05:16:28 PM by escrow.ms

I am wondering how can someone get access of server from a android device, i know there are many rats etc for android but a targetted attack isnt possible unless they knew that you access your servers from that  device and somehow they made you to install a unknown unverified app.
Tulak

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 05:13:45 PM

this sounds fishy like fuck.
dominicwin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:50:38 PM

Another hack?!?

CUBAN CIGARS for Sale - Full Boxes and Individual Cigars https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299151.0
Austrian GOLD 1oz PHILHARMONICS -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330401.0
BUYING BTC HERE https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334920.0
RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:31:15 PM

I am wondering how can someone get access of server from a android device, i know there are many rats etc for android but a targetted attack isnt possible unless they knew that you access your servers from that  device and somehow they made you to install a unknown unverified app.

I never accessed those VPS from a windows box, only unix based computers. all the accounts(email,vps provider,etc) had two factor auth on them. A password reset was preformed on one of the VPS and the password was in clear text via email to my phone. Within an hour of the reset the server was access from an IP out of the USA, and it appears that was a proxy server.  My phone started crashing give me error messages that an unauthorized program has stopped the day before the password reset. The AV never detected anything on it, and I wiped it. I don't think its was compromised from the hosting company.

FYI: 30% of the coins lost are my own

RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:44:52 PM

Another scam trying to come out and post this shit before shit really hits the fan, pathetic pieces of shit.. hack? fuck off bud and get a new excuse we seem to see that one used a lot on here

I don't want to go into too many details about weekly volume etc, but if this attack was timed better it would have been 5x worse.
1life

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:55:44 PM

I never accessed those VPS from a windows box, only unix based computers. all the accounts(email,vps provider,etc) had two factor auth on them. A password reset was preformed on one of the VPS and the password was in clear text via email to my phone. Within an hour of the reset the server was access from an IP out of the USA, and it appears that was a proxy server.  My phone started crashing give me error messages that an unauthorized program has stopped the day before the password reset. The AV never detected anything on it, and I wiped it. I don't think its was compromised from the hosting company.

FYI: 30% of the coins lost are my own

blah blah same shit we heard before, stop fucking lying we know it was not hacked until you provide some solid information to prove so and boohoo yo ulost 70% of others money, hmmmm your 30% vs 70%
niothor

Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:42:01 PM

Lots of "hacks" recently , if bitcoin reaches 10k , everything will be hacked.
The most profitable way in the bitcoin economy. Getting haked.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:31:25 PM

Due to recent Credible Death threats I've had to had to report the theft to the authorities. Also due to vandalism of my property and notes left behind  threatening my family I have no choice but to close all forms of electronic communication and relocate.

If you are a creditor you may contact at RandomQ@GreenBTC.com for a mailing address for legal purposes

I will be dissolving My LLC and Declaring bankruptcy for any personal liabilities

Any attempt to contact me for any purpose with any other form of communication, beyond the address above will be forwarded to the authorities.

Due the threats I have received a Emergency CCW from my new local LEO, any attempt to injure or trespass will be countered with lethal force as allowed by law.

This will be the last communication from this account

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:07:59 PM

Sorry to hear that happened to you, but in reality nobody's going to do shit to you. Yeah, they'll dox you and send the threatening Emails which bits of info from your dox because that's all they've got. In the end though, they're not doing shit. Look at all that happened to Trendon Shavers -- NOTHING.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:25:01 AM

lol i love how its always emailed comprised. trusty ol email compromised, never fails !
for an extra 5 points, was the IP from russia ?

Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:34:38 AM

oooo I didn't even see 'yeah i'm just selling up now, see you later' post.
pure gold.

runs a mixing service and can't report it to the police... but all his personal infomational is obviously available to whoever... yes.. that makes sense  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: