Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:10:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Threats to extort and blackmail BCT companies by the user 'pankkake'  (Read 6943 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Stuartuk (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:04:09 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 06:20:48 PM by Stuartuk

This thread has been created in order to to list the threats made by the user 'pankkake'.

Please  note - all information posted here may be reported to relevant Law Enforcement Authorities.

Edit - all quotes are posted complete and unaltered in any way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stuartuk (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:05:09 PM

THIS IS THE OPENING POST OF THE THREAD 'HIRE A TROLL' (DATED SEP 07TH 2013) WHERE THE USER PANKKAKE OFFERS TO 'TROLL' THIS FORUM IN REWARD FOR MONEY FROM INTERESTED PARTIES.

I offer my trolling services.

Do you want to make some users rage? Reveal their dark/hideous side? Have some fun? Do you have no time to reply, yet have a hard time resisting duty calls?

What I am selling is not just dumb sockpuppet messages, it is carefuly crafted rage-inducing posts. Or simply proving a point. In can make people rage or simply make them look wrong while staying classy. You choose.

It's not a way to get your scam approved on Bitcointalk. It's not limited to forums or even this forum. It's everywhere users can write stuff and it gets read. It's not a way to make lies make sense, I won't do it and can't do it anyway.

It's a way of responding to stuff when you don't have the time.

What I would like the most is doing stuff like responding to idiotic comments or articles, for examples about Bitcoin. There are many in the French press, and I have responded to some rather well.

Price: 0.005 BTC per post, i.e. 1 BTC gives you 200 posts.

This price is indicative; some people will have a "pay what you feel it's worth" deal.
I also give free trials to people with enough reputation provided they give public feedback (positive or negative).

Skills:
I have 10+ years experience trolling forums and have eventually been banned in most. I know how moderators think (and have been part of moderator teams, though I really dislike the job), so I can play with the rules if I want to. I'm used to threats.
I have an extensively tweaked browser which allows me to be faster than most.
I have hurt a lot of feelings just on this forum.
Languages: English, French

Terms:
  • If I get banned before some interesting results you'll get a reduced price
  • I am not selling my identity, I am selling content, you are not buying sockpuppets
  • I reserve the right to refuse offers though I have little interest for political correctness
Stuartuk (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:05:50 PM

HERE PANKKAKE CONFIRMS HE HAS BEEN KNOWN BY THE SAME NAME FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS.

Part of me wonders if this is an elaborate trolling scheme and he'll take the buyer's money and run Shocked
Yeah right I'll do that and get myself a bad reputation on a nickname I have been using for more than ten years.

Also if it isn't clear, you pay after because pricing depends on the ending and number of posts.
Stuartuk (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:06:22 PM

HERE PANKKAKE ADMITS HE IS OFFERING A COMMERCIAL SERVICE TO TROLL ON COMPANY THREADS AND TO DAMAGE THE COMMERCIAL INTERESTS OF THE COMPANIES THAT HE IS PAID TO TARGET.

Yes and the sheer number of fairly obvious shills in press comments is scary, it's almost like it's become a primary market for PR companies.
Yes, there have been many revelations supporting this fact. Even the European Union has been hiring trolls. A few times I have caught very specific waves of users praising a particular product.
It can even come to this: http://tech.slashdot.org/story/13/11/20/2218252/bp-hired-company-to-troll-users-who-left-critical-comments

I believe I offer a slightly better and less evil product. Cheesy
Stuartuk (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:07:12 PM

23/11/2013 'Today at 03:30:12 AM'

THIS IS THE CENTRAL THREAT TO EXTORT AND BLACKMAIL COMPANIES ON THIS FORUM.

HERE PANKKAKE CONFIRMS HIS WALLET ADDRESS WHERE EXTORTED FUNDS ARE TO BE SENT.
HE CONFIRMS THE AMOUNT OF MONEY HE WANTS DAILY (IN BTC) - APPROX 100USD AT TODAYS EXCHANGE RATE.

NEW BUSINESS MODEL:

Any bitcoins sent to 1EpdhQNyr2H288XXaiT7ho7vg1qHHLg8hq will count towards the Make pankkake stop posting Fund.

This entails all Bitcointalk posting, IRC on any channel having bitcoin in its name, same with subreddits (though I have no reddit account, thank god), etc. Since most of this activity is public, it is very easy to check.

Current price is 0.1337 BTC per day. For example, if 0.1337 BTC is sent, I will have to shut up for at least 24 hours - any slippage is considered void and I have to redo it. If less is sent, nothing happens until the next 0.1337 tranche happens. For example, I get 0.1, nothing happens, after a while someone else sends 0.04, then it happens. That way, you can pool your desire to shut me up.
Stuartuk (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:32:22 PM

Please feel free to post examples of the user Pankkake trolling and damaging the reputation of any company on Bitcointalk.
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 06:49:42 PM

+1     It's about time this forum and community started taking responsibility and stood up to illegal activities taking place. 

Bitcoin might be compared to the Wild West, but no-one should be allowed to conduct themselves outside the law.

I hope bitcointalk.org have records of all posts made as Ken Slaughter CEO of Active Mining tends to delete posts made by this pankkake character.

I've had run ins with him before and have known for some time about the 'services' he offers.

This is Bitcoin 2013, not 1931 Chicago.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 06:51:40 PM

Here's a post he made yesterday on the Active Mining thread.  It's dated today and not 22nd Nov because the original post was deleted by Ken and I copied this from one of Ken's posts where he had quoted this person.

NEW BUSINESS MODEL:

Any bitcoins sent to 1EpdhQNyr2H288XXaiT7ho7vg1qHHLg8hq will count towards the Make pankkake stop posting Fund.

This entails all Bitcointalk posting, IRC on any channel having bitcoin in its name, same with subreddits (though I have no reddit account, thank god), etc. Since most of this activity is public, it is very easy to check.

Current price is 0.1337 BTC per day. For example, if 0.1337 BTC is sent, I will have to shut up for at least 24 hours - any slippage is considered void and I have to redo it.

Stuartuk (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:08:36 PM

Are you saying that as well as making this extortion post in his own thread he also put it directly into the official thread of the company Active Mining (ACtM)?
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 07:25:30 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 08:05:15 PM by zumzero

Yes, what actually happened was last night another well known troll Volcanic Eruptor (the one who issued a death threat to Ken), posted that he would not post again in the thread and wished us luck with the business.

Because of what he said, and not believing he'd keep his word, I posted this response;

Thankyou. What's your public address?  This means a lot.

As you can see, my response is loaded with sarcasm.

Having read my post, pankkake said words to the effect, "That reminds me I'm going to post in my (Hire A Troll) thread because there's something I've been meaning to say for a while."

And that's when he went off to post;

NEW BUSINESS MODEL:

Current price is 0.1337 BTC per day. For example, if 0.1337 BTC is sent, I will have to shut up for at least 24 hours - any slippage is considered void and I have to redo it.

Ken then informed us of the existence of this extortion attempt.

Stuartuk (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:50:05 PM

So with that background it looks more like a targeted threat against ACtM or it's CEO Ken. That's very interesting thanks.
Stuartuk (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 09:05:04 PM

JUST FOR FUTURE REFERENCE

HIS BLOG http://pankkake.headfucking.net/

PROFILE http://headfucking.net/

LAST.FM PAGE http://www.last.fm/user/pankkake

WIKI PROFILE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User%3APankkake

SCREENSHOTS OF ALL PAGES TAKEN.
Stuartuk (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:27:59 PM

To the last poster - this isn't a discussion thread. It is a collation of relevant posts for a possible future request from relevant authorities.

As stated, feel free to post any examples of pankkake threatening to Troll etc.

Thanks.
Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:09:31 PM

HERE PANKKAKE ADMITS HE IS OFFERING A COMMERCIAL SERVICE TO TROLL ON COMPANY THREADS AND TO DAMAGE THE COMMERCIAL INTERESTS OF THE COMPANIES THAT HE IS PAID TO TARGET.

Yes and the sheer number of fairly obvious shills in press comments is scary, it's almost like it's become a primary market for PR companies.
Yes, there have been many revelations supporting this fact. Even the European Union has been hiring trolls. A few times I have caught very specific waves of users praising a particular product.
It can even come to this: http://tech.slashdot.org/story/13/11/20/2218252/bp-hired-company-to-troll-users-who-left-critical-comments

To be fair most companies he troll eventually seem to reveal that they deserve all of the criticism he directs their way. LabCoin makes a prime example of that.

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 01:24:07 AM

I am interested in pursuing legal action against this pankkake individual.
His vicious trolling caused considerable harm to my business.

EBM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:37:29 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2013, 04:45:31 PM by EBM

Just met our mutual friend for the first time on this thread I started, pitching for investors for our A round: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=358242.0

Wasn't a proper trolling, but he was getting there. Wouldn't say he harmed our business (had eight responses from potential investors), but certainly went on the attack.

My second ever 'ignore' after Mr Crumbs.  Smiley

EDIT: full disclosure - the ornery bugger was actually half-right about us. Our plan was indeed flawed, and we ended up retracting the pitch. But we're a genuine 4 year-old company and I personally couldn't be bothered dealing with a neo-nazi teenage troll screaming accusations.

BTC: 1DZnyYaZ2VcQWNyYayNBqfTVQw2JQAmdA5
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 02:29:20 PM

To be fair most companies he troll eventually seem to reveal that they deserve all of the criticism he directs their way. LabCoin makes a prime example of that.

He called Labcoin a scam on the very first page of a 1000 page thread.  Even you can achieve this mighty feat.  All you need to do is call EVERYTHING a scam like he does.

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 02:48:21 PM

Living in a fantasy world is very dangerous. Be cautious.

The voices may not be real, but they have pretty good ideas.

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:58:09 PM

I offer 1M Nxt to whoever reveals his true identity  Grin Cheesy
davout
Legendary

1davout