Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:17:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit abuse by merit source Anon11073 [update: 30 merits abused]  (Read 853 times)
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:21:34 PM

theymos has spoken and made his stance on the matter
also Anon11073 has responded and explained his reasons behind those merit uses
@cotiniber so everything has been answered and cleared, I think you should lock the thread now to avoid unnecessary spam

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:34:33 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2018, 02:12:51 PM by mdayonliner

Hello, cotiniber.

I received PM from theymos.

Well, I certainly are Merit source.
However, there is no fact that I misused sMerit.

About the matter of Cosplay Token.
I am currently the bounty manager of Cosplay Token, but I know this project before being appointed as Bounty Manager from the development team.
First interaction with the development team.
はじめまして、Cosplay Tokenのadminです!!!
使い方に慣れていませんが、皆さんから勉強させてもらいます。
よろしくお願い致します!
こんにちは。Anon11073と申します。
ICO等を行うのであれば、以下ボードにてアナウンススレッドを立てる事をおすすめします。
各国向け(日本語も含む)に各ローカルボードへの投稿もして頂ければと思います(もしチームでの翻訳が困難な場合、トークン等を報酬にしてバウンティキャンペーンを行うという手もあります)

Announcements (Altcoins)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0

日本語 (Japanese)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=252.0

The development team does not instruct me to send Merit to the announcement thread.

About Merit transmission to Minexcoin development team.
I am a fan of Minexcoin. I have not received money from the development team. I am working as a volunteer.
When I translated the announcement thread, the bounty campaign had already ended.

About CEDEX Bounty.
This evaluated Sylon who distributed Stakes without delay. I have not received this token yet.

As a result of the above, selling of sMerit has not been done at all.
I have not received any money from the people you pointed out and I have not told you that I misused Merit.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Thank you for you polite and detailed reply.

I buy your story however I do not agree with you that you have not misused merit (misuse merit means not only just buying/selling, it includes irresponsible spending, exchanging with each others to rank up etc. You can define it from several dimensions). The whole point of your above post is that you are a fan of the projects (Cosplay and Minexcoin). And you appreciated them sending the merits.

I see you are a staff, you are a merit source yet you did not even tried to read carefully the very first merit announcement thread from theymos

While we will not be directly moderating this, I encourage people to give merit to posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with.

You actions are irresponsible. You were suppose to create good example for the community but instead you just encouraged all these merit abusers in the community. In my eyes you are guilty for your irresponsibility. I am certainly going to leave you a neutral trust to keep a log for your irresponsible merit spending coz you already acknowledged your irresponsibility or I would send you a red trust.

Looking forward to see better job from you in future.  

Update:
Neutral trust has been left.
ImageLoading...
Click here if unable to see image

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
cotiniber (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:47:09 PM

Hello, cotiniber.

I received PM from theymos.

Well, I certainly are Merit source.
However, there is no fact that I misused sMerit.

About the matter of Cosplay Token.
I am currently the bounty manager of Cosplay Token, but I know this project before being appointed as Bounty Manager from the development team.
First interaction with the development team.
はじめまして、Cosplay Tokenのadminです!!!
使い方に慣れていませんが、皆さんから勉強させてもらいます。
よろしくお願い致します!
こんにちは。Anon11073と申します。
ICO等を行うのであれば、以下ボードにてアナウンススレッドを立てる事をおすすめします。
各国向け(日本語も含む)に各ローカルボードへの投稿もして頂ければと思います(もしチームでの翻訳が困難な場合、トークン等を報酬にしてバウンティキャンペーンを行うという手もあります)

Announcements (Altcoins)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0

日本語 (Japanese)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=252.0

The development team does not instruct me to send Merit to the announcement thread.

About Merit transmission to Minexcoin development team.
I am a fan of Minexcoin. I have not received money from the development team. I am working as a volunteer.
When I translated the announcement thread, the bounty campaign had already ended.

About CEDEX Bounty.
This evaluated Sylon who distributed Stakes without delay. I have not received this token yet.

As a result of the above, selling of sMerit has not been done at all.
I have not received any money from the people you pointed out and I have not told you that I misused Merit.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

I didn't have any inconvenience and it is not me who decides what is allowed or not, which is why I opened this thread to ask senior people's opinion for your merit transactions as a merit source.  Their feedback make me feel more confident that your transactions were indeed inappropriate.  

While I don't understand several sentences in your response and am not sure what you are trying to say, from the part I understood at least, you seem to be completely missing the whole point... merit sources are supposed to evaluate objectively high quality posts in the forum.  It's as clear as day that source merits are provided for merit sources so that merit sources can distribute them to qualified posters in the forum.  

I must say your excuses are very poor and I felt myself like chatting with a small kid... "I am a fan of Minexcoin", "evaluated Sylon who distributed Stakes without delay" as the manager of the bounty you participated, which I didn't know -- even worse transaction then, and awarded merits to announcement thread for which you are the bounty manager... All of them are simply your personal uses of source merits for your favorite coins or favorite bounty manager, which we have been discussing in this thread.  I am sure you didn't read this thread.  I do not see any justification for 30 source merits you abused.  

Take a look of the merit stats for the most generous merit senders.  People have been making significant efforts to look for high quality posts in the forum and award them appropriately.  Notice that you've been insulting these people's efforts by abusing source merits for private purposes... it was particularly deplorable to see merit abuse by merit source.  

I totally agree with mdayonliner, have you even read the original merit thread by theymos?  The idea is very clear, but it seems you haven't read the thread and couldn't distinguish the role of merit source from your private purposes when you abused 30 source merits.

Edit: Have the merit sources decreased recently?
I was wondering if theymos gave him a lesson and dismissed him from merit source... The merit stats say that there are currently 79 merit sources with a total merit generation of up to 17750 sMerit per 30 days.  I do not remember how many merit sources were in the forum a few days ago, does anyone know the number?  
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:01:13 PM

...I felt myself like chatting with a small kid... "I am a fan of Minexcoin", "evaluated Sylon who distributed Stakes without delay" as the manager of the bounty you participated, which I didn't know -- even worse transaction then, and awarded merits to announcement thread for which you are the bounty manager... All of them are simply your personal uses of source merits for your favorite coins or favorite bounty manager, which we have been discussing in this thread.

Like I said, the whole point of his statement was....
...you are a fan of the projects (Cosplay and Minexcoin). And you appreciated them sending the merits.

Notice that you've been insulting these people's efforts by abusing source merits for private purposes... it was particularly deplorable to see merit abuse by merit source.
You are absolutely correct. You have been awarded sMerits to serve the community not to serve your private interest IMO.

The merit stats say that there are currently 79 merit sources....
I think last time if I can remember it was 80 or something, I really don't know the exact number. Hope I could help.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:29:06 PM

I think last time if I can remember it was 80 or something, I really don't know the exact number. Hope I could help.
Yes, I read it somewhere it was 80, now 79 and 1 may have resigned
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=sources

as per the stop senders https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=topsendat
its only 50 at the moment (Not sure if it's showing only top 50)

I think you should lock the thread now to avoid unnecessary spam
100%  agree to @Thirdspace, no need in keeping this thread open, it would be much better if we can lock this topic. Main subject has been addressed by the concerned parties.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cotiniber (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:43:51 PM

Yes, I read it somewhere it was 80, now 79 and 1 may have resigned
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=sources
Thanks, good to know the number indeed decreased.

I think you should lock the thread now to avoid unnecessary spam
100%  agree to @Thirdspace, no need in keeping this thread open, it would be much better if we can lock this topic. Main subject has been addressed by the concerned parties.
Will lock the thread.
cotiniber (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:47:19 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2018, 07:54:20 PM by cotiniber

Just adding the link to the "next" threads...  

Merit abuse by merit source Anon11073 [update: 30 merits abused] (this thread)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3443147.0
Bounty manager (staff & merit source!) Anon11073 embezzling $4000
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3488441.0
Bounty manager Anon11073 counted his posts before wearing the signature
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3597531.0

I also posted this issue in the cosplay token announcement thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2821548.msg36713477#msg36713477

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: