Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:11:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: hahahahahaha Did you guys see this yet.  (Read 2177 times)
GriTBitS (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

“A decentralized registry for unique assets”

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:29:28 PM

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/11/23/study-suggests-link-between-dread-pirate-roberts-and-satoshi-nakamoto/

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

*   Collect with Trust   *
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 11:31:22 PM

Yes. That's the Shamir as in rSa.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:47:34 PM

Excellent article.

I'll just quote the essence of it for the TL;DR people.

the authors state that they cannot prove
suggests (but does not prove)

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 11:49:37 PM

A January 2009 address was used to send bitcoins to DPR. That's the thrust of the article and claim (probably valid) of Ron and Rivest.  Whoop dee doo.

Probably of no consequence but could shake the markets at a time no one can put fiat money into an exchange. That's rather clever at least...

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
challen

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:59:50 AM

Conspiracy theory:
Jan. 2009 address was obviously an early adopter and perhaps a current member of the bitcoin foundation. The large sum was used to entice DPR make a "messy mistake" allowing the feds to better trace him over the next 6-7 months before finally nabbing him.
bitcoinpsftp

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:02:38 AM

That's quite interesting.  Maybe the prices will fall very hard, and we can all buy more bitcoins at a cheaper price Cheesy  But I doubt it will do much.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:06:53 AM

Hehe, Satoshi Nakamoto is able to design a complex cryptographically secure p2p cryptocurrency, but is unable to create a website like how DPR got caught looking for developers.
Mondy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:42:24 AM

hmmmm, conspiracies  Shocked

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:54:12 AM

Back in 2010/2011 I heard theories floating around that DPR and Satoshi were the same person.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 03:10:24 AM

Back in 2010/2011 I heard theories floating around that DPR and Satoshi were the same person.

Ergo, we need to commission two former Boy Scout leaders to destroy whatever is causing this to echo.

"We saved Bitcoin by destroying the source that
caused rumors into becoming old chestnuts."
markjamrobin

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:11:15 AM

Hehe, Satoshi Nakamoto is able to design a complex cryptographically secure p2p cryptocurrency, but is unable to create a website like how DPR got caught looking for developers.

I definitely agree here, I don't think he could make Bitcoin, and not make a website.

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:24:20 AM

they are definitely not the same. i've seen a few of satoshi's posts.. he seems much smarter than ulbricht, who hid in plain sight (with a trail on him).

ulbricht couldn't keep his mouth shut and kept talking about his ideology, even doing an interview with forbes (i think it was?).
markjamrobin

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:26:35 AM

they are definitely not the same. i've seen a few of satoshi's posts.. he seems much smarter than ulbricht, who hid in plain sight (with a trail on him).

ulbricht couldn't keep his mouth shut and kept talking about his ideology, even doing an interview with forbes (i think it was?).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/08/14/an-interview-with-a-digital-drug-lord-the-silk-roads-dread-pirate-roberts-qa/

Yes, interview with Forbes, good read.

The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:47:58 AM

Woah!  Shocked What you guys think? Connection? Perhaps not the same person but group that created this grand scheme! Smiley
beetcoin

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:50:25 AM

group is possible.. big brother doesn't seem to be that against bitcoin though, so even if we found out who satoshi is.. what would really happen to him?
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 4386

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:50:49 AM

How about this; Ross as Satoshi's fall guy, now that they got him they can stop looking right?

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
markjamrobin

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:53:21 AM

Woah!  Shocked What you guys think? Connection? Perhaps not the same person but group that created this grand scheme! Smiley

What if the original creator of SilkRoad, that he *allegedly* bought it from, was Satoshi!

The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:54:56 AM

Well, last I heard another SilkRoad has been paved. So it's apparent that the scheme is in full throttle.
markjamrobin

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:25:33 AM

Well, last I heard another SilkRoad has been paved. So it's apparent that the scheme is in full throttle.

silkroad6ownowfk.onion
Yuph, looks just the same too.

beetcoin

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:28:16 AM

seems like there are 2 schools when it comes to SR/ulbricht..

one is: it's the FBI setting up a trap to catch you all dummies.

two: ulbricht was part of a group and did not act by himself. the system was set so that if one guy were caught, the other guys would pick up where he left off.

i think #2 makes the most sense to me.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: