Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:38:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Xtreme miners - scam?  (Read 35421 times)
marina77

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:03:56 PM

A friend of mine lives in Frankfurt and checked out the building for me. No indication of a company named Xtreme Miners or Jorge Berg whatsoever.

Well I actually visited the adress of vmc (virtual mining corp), and there were no signs of the company there as well. But they actually deliver.
So I think just because they don’t have the name on the doorbell plate, doesn’t mean the office isn’t there – I suppose they do this so that no customers/ journalists ring all the time
Anyway you guys are really speculating a lot here, either get it or don’t .. I would have got one if I hadn’t ordered from cointerra already
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:22:15 PM

But their site and pics are so nice Sad

Yes I especially love the architecture of the machines that look like modern abstract buildings lol.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Ramhound

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:35:13 PM

Hey,
So I just wanted to share my experience with xtreme miners as well..
I found their website and was blown away by their miners :O 5 TH thats crazyyy!
Anyway so I bought a miner from them.
Someone answered my mails very kindly & quickly, and sent me an order confirmation, everything was fine.
After the purchase i started to research a little about this website and found this thread..
and read all your comments saying they are a scam.. and I was like OMG and started to freak out
So I lost over 11 BTC :O which took me sooo long to mine !!!
So I emailed them, asking about the invalid tax number etc.. they replied you cant find the tax number because the business was new. then they also told me they wanted to remove the nr because its confusing a lot of customers
but i didnt care i just wanted my money back and didnt believe the mail, so i asked for a refund, but had basically no hope to get it back

To clear my mind off the mining stuff, I played fifa on my PS3  
and then checked back on my wallet a few hours later .. BOOOM ... my 11 BTC were sent back! i was soo shocked but confused at the same time to see that they actually refunded my money, because which scam company would send back bitcoins?
so now i'm wondering if i did the right thing? :/
anyway i just wanted to tell you guys, maybe its interesting for some of you

https://imageshack.com/i/nlhcrzp

You didn't show the payment.  The 11 BTC could have been from anything.  Show us all emails, the email headers, your payment, and where you received the money.
cly

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:29:43 PM

A friend of mine lives in Frankfurt and checked out the building for me. No indication of a company named Xtreme Miners or Jorge Berg whatsoever.

Please, if possible arrange a meeting with your friend and the head of the company.
They seem to be open for communication.
And - for sure - tell us what happened.

Smiley
Bossland

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 08:55:30 AM

Scam at hist dumbest.

You can not just remove a VAT number just because it might irritate a customer, it needs to be on the page, as well as atleast a fax number if you are a german company.

New VAT numbers are given out by just one jurisdiction and they are searcheable the day you got them from that jurisdiction.

All in all, scam. Might be the scammer saw all the scam threads and started an offensive to continue getting btc from bright ppl that are affected by the gold digger syndrom.
toesmash

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:06:22 PM

While we are talking about them being a possible scam, are there any suggestions for comparable machines? I have some investors willing to get me started on mining but I don't want to waste their money on a scam. Really looking forward to any more news about this company.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:39:30 PM

Even if they are not a scam, they have not proven they'll deliver ON TIME

this is very important.

for example, BFL is a company that eventually delivers, but much later than promised.

so maybe extreme miners may be a great company, but it may as well be a slow-delivering company.

i'm skeptical and until multiple people have confirmed they deliver the products as advertised and on time, i may consider buying a later batch.

until then, i won't trust them.

all the evidence so far points to a scam, and the 11BTC story is not confirmed either, it may be one of the employees or a friend.
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 07:15:04 PM

Heavy on pretty renders, light on realism.  Looks like a scam.

Real chips don't look like that, nobody puts a fancy shiny graphic on the chip - just a basic white logo/text. It gets covered by a heat sink, so it is impractical to spend money on a slick logo. Also, the lettering on the chip appears to be raised - no real company would do that, as the top of the chip must be totally flat to allow for good heat transfer to the heat sink.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:57:01 PM

another scam :  http://advancedminers.com/bitcoin-mining-hardware/
IEC

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:56:15 PM

Xtreme Miners looks like scam.

I called the building management company (RFR Immobilien Verwaltungs GmbH, Frankfurt am Main, Tel. (+49) 69/71712990) for their address (Eschersheimer Landstraße 19-21 60322 Frankfurt am Main, Germany). The responsible advisor (Herr Schmidt) told me there is no company called Xtreme Miners there and no person called "Berg" which is shown in the impressum of Xtreme Miners.

Nothing more to say...
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:03:16 AM

"Extreme Miners" is a mining company that mines potash. (Possible stolen identity, pretending to be a legitimate company using this real companies "credentials".)

There is also a foreign group going by that same name, (non english), with a big "Minecraft" group. (Chances are, these creative individuals who are familiar with BTC and EMD, are bored playing minecraft, located in a city where they heard about the company "Extreme Miners", and decided to create a fictitious unreal company.)

But that is just my opinion. Judging by the "freeware blender 3D" renderings and free 3D objects they simply stole from an online source.

How these scam sites even make it to the wiki, is beyond me, yet all the legitimate businesses never show in the wiki. There are several ASIC chip makers now, and prefab boards rolling out of china by the dozens. Those should be moved to "Future-tech", since they don't actually "Hash", since they do not even "exist", thus, don't even have power.

New rule for Wiki... Nothing gets listed until it can be shown running, confirmed by someone who is not someone you select to confirm it, and you can actually show one sale.

This isn't E-3, advertisement space. There needs to be someone to stop fueling scammers, or potential scammers, by promotion through these "Once trusted" publications. The Wiki is turning into a highly unreliable source of information.

Even proof of a logo-copyright, would be sufficient for listing future-tech. (Or tax-ID# or some other form of actual business registration and contact information. Anyone can get a free website, so lack of any website, by a company "developing web hardware", is highly suspicious in the first place.)
twerdster

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:26:59 PM

Definitely scam.
Their website seems to be down
illinois

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 01:11:10 PM

Definitely scam.
Their website seems to be down

yep they put it up again but and now finally down again
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:43:00 AM

Xtreme Miners looks like scam.

I called the building management company (RFR Immobilien Verwaltungs GmbH, Frankfurt am Main, Tel. (+49) 69/71712990) for their address (Eschersheimer Landstraße 19-21 60322 Frankfurt am Main, Germany). The responsible advisor (Herr Schmidt) told me there is no company called Xtreme Miners there and no person called "Berg" which is shown in the impressum of Xtreme Miners.

Nothing more to say...

That's interesting. Thank you.

"What is the remote power outlet & App from Belkin?

​Wherever you are – At work, on holiday – you can always control your Miner with the remote power outlet and the simple and free Belkin App for Android and iOS Smartphones. You can choose when you want to keep your miner running, and when you want to give hime (sic) a 1-minute-break and then restart
."

You know: in case you want to give hime a union mandated 1 minute break per day as mandated as an amendment to Arthur C. Clarke's 3 or so Laws of Robotics.

Can anyone confirm whether this app can even start say something like cgminer or chainminer?

==

- No info on company founders: no Linked in Profiles
- No SSL certification

The usual Caveat Emptor for a new company that doesn't even talk about the actual ASICs involved in their marketing info.

Oh, and I should probably run some malware scanners after visiting that shell of a site.
Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:15:24 AM

I found something interesting

http://bitcoinscammers.com/xtrememiners-net

illinois

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 04:59:15 PM

I found something interesting

http://bitcoinscammers.com/xtrememiners-net

interesting... thanks
Anddos

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:14:43 AM

so if there a scam why would they want to be advertised in a bitcoin magazine?

Hiroaki

Activity: 404
Merit: 270

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:06:12 PM

so if there a scam why would they want to be advertised in a bitcoin magazine?

In order to sell as many units as possible !

Anddos

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:30:47 PM

But the magazine dosent get to review it first etc?

descarte

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:12:38 PM

1) you pay the magazine for an ad space

2) The magazine gets the money.

3) They don't care if the miner exists.

same for pr release.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: