Bitcoin Forum
December 17, 2017, 10:26:42 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (SSS) - A Sane and Simple bitcoin Savings plan  (Read 83701 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
aesma

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:01:18 PM

Agreed; my "HODL in all situations" is emotional.  The original SSS plan is non-emotional.  I have a small enough basis that I don't care if it all goes to zero in a flash; well, I will be disappointed but ok.  Anyone taking more than an insignificant portion of their wealth into such risky investments should do it with a plan like SSS.

SSS is non emotional but it starts with a lot of money and only sells from there, each time the price doubles. That's not a realistic scenario for today. That's for people who bought/mined thousands of BTC when it was worth a few dollars or less.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TroubleMaker

Activity: 210

blockchaintr.net

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 09:48:11 PM

Wow this makes a whole lot of sense and puts things in the right perspective when looking at how you handle btc and alt investments. First time i've a post from you dude and would be following future posts Smiley

My eng is not enough, just I agree with all of you said Smiley Really Good Topic...

CΛVIΛR       CRYPTO & REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT FUND DIVERSIFICATION & CROWDFUNDING
[ PRE-ICORunning Now!! ]     [     ICO    ▶  December 12th ]

▐ ██ ███ ████            TWITTER        ●        TELEGRAM        ●        REDDIT            ████ ███ ██ ▌
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 1372

Put BTC here: 1GSwznUNG4co5rS3ctmRgtYGcWiHAnwAyj

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:52:40 PM

Agreed; my "HODL in all situations" is emotional.  The original SSS plan is non-emotional.  I have a small enough basis that I don't care if it all goes to zero in a flash; well, I will be disappointed but ok.  Anyone taking more than an insignificant portion of their wealth into such risky investments should do it with a plan like SSS.

SSS is non emotional but it starts with a lot of money and only sells from there, each time the price doubles. That's not a realistic scenario for today. That's for people who bought/mined thousands of BTC when it was worth a few dollars or less.

Sure this SSS gives a guideline - but you are reading it way too strictly if you believe that you are not able to employ it to your modern day bitcoin investments or acting as if it only applied in ancient time.

I think one of the central themes of the OP and the thread is to create a plan and to customize that plan to yourself.

Sure, I don't agree with every point of OP, but I do agree that the ideas outlined creates a good framework for thinking about your investment, planning ahead in regards to your various cash out points.. and to establish those ahead of time, somewhat to your best ability.

Even someone who invested in bitcoin 2 years ago in the 200s could have had a large number of opportunities for cashing out, all the way up to $3k..

Personally, I employ more of an incremental hybrid of this.  I cash out approximately 1% of my holdings for every 10% price rise; however, at the same time, I reserve what I cashed out for buying back during price dips... So in essence, I am not  cashing out in any kind of meaningful way with a "rake" as described in OP - however, the concept of rake does allow me to feel o.k. about leaving some of that money on the table.. in the event that the price does not go back down or even completely removing the cashed out money from the system and enjoying myself with it... so yeah, instead of a 10% rake for every 100% rise, I am employing more incrementalism.. while at the same time reinvesting some of it... so in that regard, I have tailored SSS to my own thinking and considerations while attempting to understand the applicability of some of the goals to my BTC investment plan and strategy.  Maybe I am doing a SCS  ?  hahahahaha.. a sane and complex savings plan  or a ICT?  a insane and complex trading plan?   

Whatever, part of my point is that the concepts are still applicable to modern day bitcoin, even if they are not followed strictly, and even if Risto has abandoned the btc ship to monerolandia.   Wink Cheesy

aesma

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 02:39:17 PM

I have a plan, I buy BTC every time I have some spare money, whatever the price. I never sell. I will only sell when I will be regularly earning BTC from what I have, then I will quit my job and live off sold BTC. Alternatively if my stash is worth millions, I will sell most of it.

Nothing to do with SSS, and your plan is completely different too.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 1372

Put BTC here: 1GSwznUNG4co5rS3ctmRgtYGcWiHAnwAyj

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:52:30 AM

I have a plan, I buy BTC every time I have some spare money, whatever the price. I never sell. I will only sell when I will be regularly earning BTC from what I have, then I will quit my job and live off sold BTC. Alternatively if my stash is worth millions, I will sell most of it.

Nothing to do with SSS, and your plan is completely different too.

I understand that my plan has been tailored to myself and your plan seems to be tailored to yourself, and I guess my main point in my above post was to respond to you coming into the thread and arguing about the limited applicability of SSS, seeming to denigrate SSS and assert that it is not applicable to current times.  - a bit trollish, no?

aesma

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:37:34 AM

The thread has had regular contributions since its creation but it's from 2013. Many people on this forum are looking for advice. I don't think pointing out that 2013 advice might not apply today is trolling.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
nikauforest

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:53:01 AM

Just bumping this thread as it has valuable insights.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.