Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:29:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL while you can  (Read 401 times)
Denreal (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:55:19 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2018, 01:21:21 PM by Denreal

Although, whatever has advantage, also has disadvantage. Ever since i have been into crypto, i noticed that holding coins is more beneficial than immediate trading away of the coin you have.
These are some of the ways in which you can hold successfully:
1. Research the coin you plan to hold. For instance, some traded away their coins. earlier, not knowing the great benefit(s) behind the technology. Research would have helped out in this.
2. Diversify your holdings. Do not hold just one coin.
3. Monitor your holdings on exchanges on daily basis. If possible, on hourly basis, because you cannot but tell when it will moon well.
4. Look for updates on your holdings through social media.
5. Sell high at the right time and buy low at the right time. Then hodl again.

When you keep up with the cycle, you will definitely be happy to be a holder.

Do not mind my grammatical errors please.
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:36:22 PM

I cannot deny the fact that it is good to hodl. I have sold some coins too fast. How i wish i still have them. Some of the coins i sold before the right tikme were Telcoin, TheKey and ENU. Could you imagine sold all my ENU holdings not too long and now it has mooned. I just read about the enormous benefits holders will later get. It is good to. hodl.
brotherwood12

Activity: 686
Merit: 30

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:44:56 PM

also hodl is good enough for everyone who cant monitor their assets everytime

different from trading that should you to check the price every hour or day , checking the price while holding can do with 3 day a week , or more than that
RSM0103

Activity: 269
Merit: 12

we're Radio, online!

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:48:50 PM

Although, whatever has advantage, also has disadvantage. Ever since i have been into crypto, i noticed that holding coins is more beneficial than immediate trading away of the coin you have.
1. Research the coin you plan to hold. For instance, some traded away their coins. earlier, not knowing the great benefit(s) behind the technology. Research would have helped out in this.
3. Monitor your holdings on exchanges on daily basis. If possible, on hourly basis, because you cannot but tell when it will moon well.

Yes there are advantages when holding an altcoin, but holding an alt has a time limit and you must understand when you will release your holdings. In some cases you must have patience in the coin your holding because maybe it will drop down too low beyond your expectation but if you are confident that the coin your holding will give you profit hold it while you can and control your emotions to avoid loss. On the other and if your holdings is uptrending just be conscious not to be late for the trip or you will end up holding forever.

CyberFM   we're Radio, online!   Whitepaper
RADIO   ANN Thread   Twitter   Telegram
lighterkek

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 01:50:23 PM

hurry to panic often cause me to make mistakes The most important thing on the market is to be patient and to believe and research so we can earn good money We have to keep our investments a little
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:02:04 PM

Good advice. I've practiced them since a long time ago, those are simply crypto 101.

Or simply set a price alarm for each coin. For example, set notification every time there is a 20% rise or something. That way you don't have to waste your time watching the market 24/7. There's more to life than just monitoring the price.
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:02:19 PM

Especially coins that work in a POS system or DPOS like ARK give you a good steady flow of money, like a better-than-banks interest rate. I'm holding ARK since 2€ and XRP since 0,18€ and though it's true I could have sold high and rebought lower, it's psychologically too demanding to sell something early and wait for it to drop in order to buy again. I believe I'd just end up buying higher if the price wouldn't fall within 24h Tongue

I'd avoid holding shitcoins though that meet one or more of the following criteria,
- The team members are unknown or there's just a list of names that you can't confirm if it's real or not.
- There are no updates from the team after they posted a whitepage
- They do post updates but only too good promises and no actual facts/changes/upgrades
-- If one of the aboves is combined with a premine or ICO, that should be a red flag. Don't buy or if you mine it, don't HODL.
Huskarls

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:11:17 PM

Holding is the best and safest way to keep our assets, and of course we need to find the best coin to be holf for. Personally i've just choose btc, eth, ltc and etc for holding and say no for others.

Because so far, these coin really prove something that it was worth for holding
Ostonian

Activity: 912
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:55:39 PM

It is not always profitable to keep coin a long term. If there is a demand will grow for a coin on the market, then the price will grow accordingly. Many coins immediately lose their status and become less popular and it makes sense to immediately sell it.
Feelgirls

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:58:13 PM

if you see BTC is up, hodl altcoins and invest to the ICO, if you can
if you see BTC is down, go to fiat and hodl only fiat
it is very simple I think
max6575

Activity: 1176

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 03:02:37 PM

different tasks to complete as appealing use of manage to refer one with option as defining risks on exchange, that investors to manage series with compliance to helps as disposing risks on investment and collects with returns of nominal profit with the ends of plan.

El Loco

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 03:09:56 PM

I think we have to invest only in project that we can follow..for instance if one project is falling down you have to sell to avoid loss.
bitbloq.io
Copper Member

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:10:52 PM

Good advice. I've practiced them since a long time ago, those are simply crypto 101.

Or simply set a price alarm for each coin. For example, set notification every time there is a 20% rise or something. That way you don't have to waste your time watching the market 24/7. There's more to life than just monitoring the price.

I second this advice. Definitely a smart way to manage your time.
dumbtool45

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:14:45 PM

What kind of strange banal advice from the author of the topic? here is written a frivolous nonsense, do technical analysis or entrust it to a professional
icomasterether

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 03:17:01 PM

I HODL the majors btc, eth the top 20 on coinmarketcap.  until proven the rest are all high risk projects. They could blow up at anytime.
iancortis

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:18:31 PM

your ideas are  totally right and as i read it, it absorbs my mind and dominate fears and doubt about what im holding in my wallet. because im consider as a noob in trading, so, thank you brother.. my goal is set and stable to get in near future
duchaitp

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:20:32 PM

Talking is simple, but it is not easy. For example, buy when prices are low and sell when prices are high. Everyone knows it, but doing it is not that simple.
reighbut2017

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:21:02 PM

Yes and I think thats the best thing you can do for now is to hold and patiently waiting until the market recovers most especially if your investing in bitcoin.
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:22:24 PM

Thanks for your experiences but some things are difficult to perform
the cycle is a cycle on ideal. If everyone could make it perfect, then the market will no longer balance
for example: Sell high at the right time and buy low at the right time, It is difficult to make. We fear that when selling coins don't have a chance to buy

Make me great again
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:26:56 PM

Among the five points you mentioned I don't see the difference between trading and hodl. In fact I see your five points is the basis of trading, I mean hodl is a long term investment. You ignore the price movements every day, every week or even every month. But you explain the five points is a way of trading, selling high prices and buying a cheap price is not the way hodl.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: