Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:19:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: newbe 1st post  (Read 2085 times)
Fila Ford

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:32:05 PM

im thinking about trying to mine too but i have to figure it out and then take over my hubbys computer so we will see how that goes teehee  Kiss

i only have a notebook so i cant mine on that but he has a gaming machine hopefully it can get me some bitcoins

these seem like a good investment
aliene

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:32:33 PM

ola
Andy77

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:41:06 PM

Hi there
I need to send PM to Balthazar (owner of ltcmine pool) but can't because of rules.
stormio

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:54:36 PM

welcome, i'm in the same boat as you, gpu mining atm with some hardware on the way. Can't wait to get up and running a little more seriously but the wait gives me time to read and learn
2fast4u0

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:25:19 PM

Hello all, newbie here!

Is there any hardware out there that is:
1) cheap enough
2) still able to mine (nothing big, just a few mBTCs)
3) easy to get

Of course I am not referring to a CPU or a GPU, we all know that they are dead in the sense of mining.
thejewelrytech

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

I Quantum Leap to different worlds when I sleep...

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:32:40 PM

Hi everyone looking forward to joining the community Grin Just set up my first 5 blade V2 setup successfully can help anyone if they are stuck?learned a lot already and hope to contribute being in IT and Cisco networking  this stuff is right up my alley but as always so much more to learn.

Your either part of THE SOLUTION?Or your part of THE PROBLEM!
wiltshiregh

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:54:57 PM

Just another newbie here.  I just purchased a Jalapeno and am ready to go!  Anyone have any recommendations for pools?
Brainofmasses

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

NEMflash.io

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 12:01:45 AM

Heyy Everyone,
heres my first post for the 1st post thread.

I know Bitcoin for a quiet long time, but didn´t get started in as it was 2 cents, because I doesn´t thought that the masses are ready to accept it, and Im so are biting my ass for the dumbness of let passing the first train without me.
Because of that stupidity to deny a clear view on the things, Im the BrainofMasses, because I behaved like the mass without logical thinking.

Thats one of the reason why Im currently mining altcoins.

Im also here because I believe all Alt-currencies can change the world. I have something like a vision for what the world could be with digital currencies.

I think it is a possibility to give the mankind a new understanding of wealth & divide, also because Im thinking there are a few develop steps back and ahead are necessary to change the world that we know with coins.
Because et principe, I think its not the target only to get rich to be wealthy and bla bla bla, also If im not saying that this is not in my mind, because we growth up in a society where we get shown thats it has to be in this way and we simple need "money", no matter in which form, to survive. The target should be that every person on that planet is able to buy that what he needs to life or creating projects. I don´t take the right to say thats the final stage of the Humanity, its only one develop step that I Think we have to pass and so or so as long as the humanity exists there will be a development. There are that many great ideas out there, and most of them get not realized because of no liquidity. That simple doesn´t makes any sense and is also like a late middleage.

Thats something like the imagination of a world where every human can follow that dream what he want to be part of. Because of money makes dreams real! And if everyone can get that work what he want, he will be efficient, because of he is doing what he want!

Money is a status symbol in our society, you get it to have it. Some people have a slow amount of money and are not in the position to launch projects, other more then they can spend in their whole life and afterwards! So a few rich with possibilities stands against the masses without possibilities. I think that gives the humankind a too slow speed of development, because of that many people spend their time and money senseless, even without thinking for what and why. And every human has it own dream, a discipline where he is perfect for and believe to be born for. That can lead to a way with more emprovement and a much stronger development of the society... But until we reach this point...
So why not let this happen? Why we(the civilization) are driving with holded handbrakes?

Thats also doesn´t make any sense, there must be something like a balance.
But you can´t easily take all the money from the rich and divide it under the poor, of course seen in a static model. Most of the poor would spend the money as they got, to soon become again poor. That are steps that will take generations to teach the humanity again the handling of money < - -> ressources.
But I think the Altcoins are a step in the right direction to bring "money" back to the place where it belongs.

I hope I was able to give you a small insight into the brainofmasses but I get lazy over writing and I leaved already some mind gaps. But maybe you like what Im thinking about and continues my thinking in ya own brain!

So im here for swap information for my brain and to give money the light in which it really should shine.

A "Glück auf" from Germany!

NEMflash.io
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:05:55 AM

Welcome! Now just be logged in for four hours and you'll get full access!

Where do you find this?

I had to google it... didn't realize why I wasn't able to reply to the thread. Stackexchange had the answer!

Welcome to all the new members Cheesy

You can find the information on this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=274235.0

Enjoy the forum  Wink

miner2002

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:11:30 AM

Welcome aboard!
bloodgor

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:28:07 AM

Greetings, I am little over  month into this so I am rather new. I have two block  erupters going and was hoping to add more but it seems there price have gone up quite a bit since when I first started. 

I was wondering if there is anything in the range of mining equipment $500-1k that ships within 2 or 3 months? I been looking around and it seems a lot of scams, or extremely long waiting ( a year or more) before people get there hardware. Any advice on a reputable company with a reasonable shipping time would be greatly appreciated.
OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:41:44 AM

Any advice on a reputable company with a reasonable shipping time would be greatly appreciated.

You're asking the 64 million dollar question there! Cheesy

This forum is littered with horror stories about manufacturers who take customers for a ride and the transgressions vary from straightforward theft of customer funds, the delivery of sub-standard equipment to delays lasting over a year in delivery so it's very, very difficult to give any positive answer to your question.

That's just my opinion, but do your own research, look around, take your time looking, get fully informed, seek alternative opinions and be very, very careful with your money. I'm not trying to be negative, far from it, I've bought mining equipment both by paying a high price for it because it was on-hand and available immediately and also by pre-order. I've also had Paypal force a manufacturer to refund my money after they failed to deliver by an agreed date, so being fully informed and taking the time over your decisions will save you a helluva lot of grief.

There's also another school of thought that states that if you had, say $1000 to invest in mining equipment, don't buy any equipment but instead buy $1000 worth of bitcoins directly. The theory is that the price of bitcoins will continue to rise (and it's held reasonably true so far but of course that's no guarantee that it will hold in the future).

For me, I like to mine, even if other people think it is uneconomic. It's a bit like the stock market - the only reason you can sell as share is because another person is taking the diametrically opposite approach and has placed a buy order. So make your own mind up.

Research, and lots of it, is the key to the kingdom.

Smiley

MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:38:42 AM

i'm very happy to post here and learn on this forum
MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:46:19 AM

Heyy Everyone,
heres my first post for the 1st post thread.

I know Bitcoin for a quiet long time, but didn´t get started in as it was 2 cents, because I doesn´t thought that the masses are ready to accept it, and Im so are biting my ass for the dumbness of let passing the first train without me.
Because of that stupidity to deny a clear view on the things, Im the BrainofMasses, because I behaved like the mass without logical thinking.

Thats one of the reason why Im currently mining altcoins.

Im also here because I believe all Alt-currencies can change the world. I have something like a vision for what the world could be with digital currencies.

I think it is a possibility to give the mankind a new understanding of wealth & divide, also because Im thinking there are a few develop steps back and ahead are necessary to change the world that we know with coins.
Because et principe, I think its not the target only to get rich to be wealthy and bla bla bla, also If im not saying that this is not in my mind, because we growth up in a society where we get shown thats it has to be in this way and we simple need "money", no matter in which form, to survive. The target should be that every person on that planet is able to buy that what he needs to life or creating projects. I don´t take the right to say thats the final stage of the Humanity, its only one develop step that I Think we have to pass and so or so as long as the humanity exists there will be a development. There are that many great ideas out there, and most of them get not realized because of no liquidity. That simple doesn´t makes any sense and is also like a late middleage.

Thats something like the imagination of a world where every human can follow that dream what he want to be part of. Because of money makes dreams real! And if everyone can get that work what he want, he will be efficient, because of he is doing what he want!

Money is a status symbol in our society, you get it to have it. Some people have a slow amount of money and are not in the position to launch projects, other more then they can spend in their whole life and afterwards! So a few rich with possibilities stands against the masses without possibilities. I think that gives the humankind a too slow speed of development, because of that many people spend their time and money senseless, even without thinking for what and why. And every human has it own dream, a discipline where he is perfect for and believe to be born for. That can lead to a way with more emprovement and a much stronger development of the society... But until we reach this point...
So why not let this happen? Why we(the civilization) are driving with holded handbrakes?

Thats also doesn´t make any sense, there must be something like a balance.
But you can´t easily take all the money from the rich and divide it under the poor, of course seen in a static model. Most of the poor would spend the money as they got, to soon become again poor. That are steps that will take generations to teach the humanity again the handling of money < - -> ressources.
But I think the Altcoins are a step in the right direction to bring "money" back to the place where it belongs.

I hope I was able to give you a small insight into the brainofmasses but I get lazy over writing and I leaved already some mind gaps. But maybe you like what Im thinking about and continues my thinking in ya own brain!

So im here for swap information for my brain and to give money the light in which it really should shine.

A "Glück auf" from Germany!

awesome first post dude !!!
Vezalke

Activity: 76

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:34:21 PM

Hi!
My first post, so let me introduce myself. I found bitcoin about a year ago, but i didnt care. In september I tried mining bitcoins but soon found out that it's worthless. Then i start mining litecoins and buy some of them.
In october I deposit funds on bitstamp, buy bitcoins, transfer it on btc-e and trade for some litecoins. Couple of days ago i tried to deposit funds via SEPA transfer on btc-e but havent recieved € on my account. I'm worried and allready opened support ticket. If someone can help me, I'll be very grateful.
Brainofmasses

Activity: 80

NEMflash.io

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 09:15:08 PM

awesome first post dude !!!

Thank you MadCow, I appreciate it very much!

NEMflash.io
HexBinary

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:50:19 PM

Greeting all,
I to am new to the form and bitcoins.  I have been doing some GPU mining just to play and see what the process is.  I am currently looking in to buy some BTC for investment but also thinking about getting an Erupter blade, since the price seems reasonable and I like to tinker.  Anyone have any input as to why the 5GH Butterfly miners are going for so much on eBay the 10GH blades seem like a better buy.  Simplicity vs. a little tech skill? or does Butterfly Labs just have a great rep?  Am I missing something?
Synth

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:03:16 PM

I'm new to bitcoins and litecoins as well. Been investing a little in each as speculation. Hope it becomes like silver and gold commodities
mrbungler

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:01:18 PM

Newbie here as well.  Started mining bitcoin with GPUs in Feb then switched those GPUs over to Litecoin in June.  Bought some Block Erupter USBs for bitcoins and now will be trying to get into Block Erupter Blades (once I figure out what I have configured wrong!).

Looking forward to some mining fun and a couple $$ in the pocket.
tmcgough

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:23:34 PM

I thought after first post you get access after 4 hours also, but 4 hours later I see my first post is no longer there.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: