Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:46:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NIX - thread moved  (Read 50025 times)
bitro33

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:19:01 PM

ok here they go anyways.

if you had to explain the project to a 10 year old, what would you say?

Are you going to use pools of coins for dex manager?

what is the most difficult aspect of developing the dex manager?

why zero coin instead of zerocash?

do you see other privacy coins as competitors?

Have you done any marketing so far? Is this the same strategy for exchanges? Holding it back until you have a better/more established product?

will the project become more decentralized at some point?

Thanks.

when will u answer this? how do I log into discord, no slack?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oneeyedisking

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:47:49 PM

basically NIX is a  Money laundering platform for crypto  ??  LOL . make your dirty crypto clean crypto and VV.
I like that  .not sure what the feds going to say about that idea  .it may be  illegal .

You are talking bs. The privacy is optional.
And if you only can think off the things that you are saying, maybe someone most investigate you.
You never heard off financial privacy? Or do you want the world to know what is in your bank account or on what you spent your money on when they know your account number?
There are lots off other exempels off why you want privacy.

Stop being an idiot because your feelings are hurt.

oneeyedisking

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:50:07 PM

I love how you guys keep coming back. You know that nobody forces you to like this project.

There are clear rules and those who deliberately/repeatedly break them will be banned. No project accepts that kind of behavior. The discord has close to 2500 members and around 80 users have been banned for aggressive behavior, slander, fud and for repeatedly breaking the rules.

I love how you think acting like a schoolfriend project is professional... a discussion about your merchandise shop resulted in a ban. Kinda sad dont you think. Keep in mind that we like the project but slowly starting to dislike the team that act unproffesional by the month

You know why you are being banned. Don’t act stuppid
kamikaza

Activity: 597
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:52:06 PM

basically NIX is a  Money laundering platform for crypto  ??  LOL . make your dirty crypto clean crypto and VV.
I like that  .not sure what the feds going to say about that idea  .it may be  illegal .

You are talking bs. The privacy is optional.
And if you only can think off the things that you are saying, maybe someone most investigate you.
You never heard off financial privacy? Or do you want the world to know what is in your bank account or on what you spent your money on when they know your account number?
There are lots off other exempels off why you want privacy.

Stop being an idiot because your feelings are hurt.

Dont even bother to respond to this fudder. Just see all his previous messages... I really dont understand why these people waste their time like that Smiley kinda pathetic tbh.
kamikaza

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:56:51 PM

AMA on September 27th at 10:00 CST

Don't forget to post your NIX related questions here on the Bitcointalk thead and in the #ama-ask-questions channel on discord!

All questions will be answered by @jackieboy during the live AMA on September 27th, 2018 at 10:00 am CST (the AMA will also be posted on Youtube)
wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:22:58 PM

I do believe in NIX and its bright future but the code (for the wallets) is a mess: Ghostnodes get stuck, wallet stop at block X , we need to keep fixing thing like daily to keep it running for a day or so. Please dev test your software first before release. versie 2.0.0 and even 2.0.2 do not work as it should, coins dissapearing and Ghostnodes going down.

You are always welcome to join us on the NIX Discord and to support the dev team in the test-net channel.

I got banned from Discord, I guess I broke a rule... team can't take positive critic or questions about bugs or roadmap. Some mods kick on having that power I guess, to ban people. Anyway... I keep on running Ghostnodes for now and hope there will be stable software soon.

Maybe it is a good thing to invite some people with knowledge and experience about crypto and its software to test softwrae before just releasing it. If the NIX team are the only ones who test it, you are not objective and be honest , you can't test your own software in 1 or 2 days. You need people who try to break the software, find bugs, and report (with details) it to the dev team to get it fixed.
oneeyedisking

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:41:20 PM

Check the link and learn more about the first privacy feature called the Ghost Vault.

https://nixplatform.io/nix-ghost-vault/
wgd
Legendary

Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:54:05 PM

I would like to know what reward could I get for every 1000 NIX if I would start   staking?
I have some NIX and I wonder if is it worth to stake?
And BTW what is annual NIX inflation?
I will be gratefull for your help!

Head to the discord, and there is an infobot set up. Type  !staking 1000. Currently it is roughly 97hrs, 18 min. You can put any number you want in, and it will give you an idea!
Roughly around 3 million nix each year inflation
Thanks for your answer could you give me a discord link please? though a pity that this tool is not accessible via official site - It would be better for people who don't want to use discord etc.
So annual inflation level is much over 7percent if cmc showes correct circulating cap value? quite high...  :  Roll Eyes

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
 ▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀
█▄▄ ▀▀█▀▀           ▀▀█▀ ▄▄██
█████▄     ▄▄███▄▄     ██████
██████    ▄▀▀███▀▀▄    ██████
██████    ███▄ ▄███    ██████
██████    ████ ████    ██████
██████     ▀▀█ █▀▀     ██████
███████▄▄              ██████
██████████▄▄    ▄▄     ██████
 ▀▀██████████▄▄███     ███▀▀
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet
Infrastructure of the Future

████████████
           ▄▄██████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄                ▄▄█████████████▄▄
   ██████████▀▀█████████▄          ▄██████████████▀▀▀████▄
   ████▀▀         ▀▀ ████          █████████▀▀▀     ▄█████
   ███               ▀███          ████▀▀          ▄██████
   ██▀   ▄███  ███    ███          █████▄▄         ███████
   ██    ▀██▀  ▀█▀    ▀██          █████████▄     ████████
   ██  ▀▄▄       ▄▄█▀ ▄██          ██████████▄   █████████
   ▀███▄▄██████████▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████████▄▄████████▀

██▄▄  ▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄████████▄▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄███
█████▄▄   ▀█████▀▀   ▄▄███████████████▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄███████
▀████████▄▄  ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀  ▀▀████████▄▄   ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀
   ▀▀████████▄▄████████▀▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀▀████████▄▄▄█████████▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀  ▄▄██████████▄▄  ▀▀████████████▀▀
           ▀▀██▀▀  ▄▄███████████▀▀▀████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀
                   ████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

██▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀█   █▀ ▄██████▄ ▀█   █▀▀▀█▄ █
██▄   █▀▀  ██▀  █   ▀██ ▀▀██   ██▀█
█ █████   ██    █     ██   █████  █
██▀   █▄▄ █   ▄███▄    █ ▄██   ██▄█
█▀█▄▄▄█   █   ▀███▀    █   █▄▄▄█▀ █
█ █  ▀█▄▄ ██    █      █  ▄█▀▀▀█▄ █
███  ▄█▀▀  ▀██▄ █ ▄▄   █ ▀▀█   ██▀█
█ █▀▀██   █▄  ▀███▀█   █   ██▀▀█  █
███   █████    ▄▄  █  ▄█ ███   ████
█ █▄▄██   ██▄▄█▀   █▄██▀   █▄▄▄█  █
██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█

QORTECTOR

Obtain a QORTector Device...
Enjoy Free Internet... eventually.
  ....JOIN....
kamikaza

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:35:00 PM

I would like to know what reward could I get for every 1000 NIX if I would start   staking?
I have some NIX and I wonder if is it worth to stake?
And BTW what is annual NIX inflation?
I will be gratefull for your help!

Head to the discord, and there is an infobot set up. Type  !staking 1000. Currently it is roughly 97hrs, 18 min. You can put any number you want in, and it will give you an idea!
Roughly around 3 million nix each year inflation
Thanks for your answer could you give me a discord link please? though a pity that this tool is not accessible via official site - It would be better for people who don't want to use discord etc.
So annual inflation level is much over 7percent if cmc showes correct circulating cap value? quite high...  :  Roll Eyes

NIX Discord Channel (all social links staan op de website)

https://discordapp.com/invite/agAsvQY
Ghost8941

Activity: 73

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:04:38 AM

I do believe in NIX and its bright future but the code (for the wallets) is a mess: Ghostnodes get stuck, wallet stop at block X , we need to keep fixing thing like daily to keep it running for a day or so. Please dev test your software first before release. versie 2.0.0 and even 2.0.2 do not work as it should, coins dissapearing and Ghostnodes going down.

You are always welcome to join us on the NIX Discord and to support the dev team in the test-net channel.

I got banned from Discord, I guess I broke a rule... team can't take positive critic or questions about bugs or roadmap. Some mods kick on having that power I guess, to ban people. Anyway... I keep on running Ghostnodes for now and hope there will be stable software soon.

Maybe it is a good thing to invite some people with knowledge and experience about crypto and its software to test softwrae before just releasing it. If the NIX team are the only ones who test it, you are not objective and be honest , you can't test your own software in 1 or 2 days. You need people who try to break the software, find bugs, and report (with details) it to the dev team to get it fixed.

This is simply not true. I have run ghostnodes from the start, and my nodes have run consistently. I have updated a total of 3 times using the update script which takes all of three copy and paste of commands and no more than a few minutes. People complain about coins disappearing because they did not update to the latest wallet. Some were on the original wallet, even the one before the proof of stake switch! Others did not understand how the wallet showed stake rewards and because some people had to right click and abandon the transaction, since someone else hit the stake instead of them their balance was not show in overview. No one lost any coins. If everyone kept up to date on latest wallet there would be 0 issues. Not sure why you were banned, but there is an AMA tomorrow, so if you have any questions post them in here and I am sure the lead dev will gladly answer any you may have. And as far as testing, I have even tested some of these things before final release and know of many other community members who have as well. The NIX team is one of the most responsive I have ever seen, and have bent over backwards to help people.

Really is a shame a few of the same posters like Huan and vtkik need to constantly FUD in here. If NIX is as bad as they say, why waste their time in here, lol. Makes no sense. NIX is trying to change crypto for the better. They will empower DEX's  through they DEX Manager and provide us ordinary people privacy and DEX's with liquidity. NIX is trying to make crypto better for ALL OF US. I am not sure why anyone would FUD that unless their have other motives. But if anyone wants to have a real conversation about NIX, what they are trying to do, and the technicals, I encourage you to post any questions here or in discord before the ama, so the lead dev can answer them for you!
stylr

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:17:42 AM

Every project has such "uncertainty and FUD" phase in it`s development, it`s a common practice. No surprises.
Main thing is that team delivers upon time, as mentioned in roadmap.

Agreed. However not every team handles it in the way the nix team is doing. That's what bothering a lot of us.

It also isn't only fud. Just reporting bugs, or asking when feature / bug x will be fixed is enough to get banned.

But yeah, let's move on.

2.0.3 is out, and too bad has some really basic issues which should not have been there if it was tested. Small issues, but annoying issues that do not help getting this 'polished' feeling you would expect from a professional team.

1) Ubuntu LTS versions (16.04, 18.04) not supported by the released binary. Workaround: compile manually.
2) Mac installation gives an error when trying to upgrade from 2.0.2. Workaround: delete the 2.0.2 app before installing 2.0.3
3) There is still an open issue (#16) on GitHub which provides a fix for the daemon randomly crashing when executing RPC calls. This has not been patched yet in 2.0.3.
4) Block height counter jumps back to 0 while syncing.

Guessing this relates to your first point vtkix - lead dev put this in the discord #announcements a few hrs ago:

Everyone who was having issues with the linux binary, in specific: "`GLIBC_2.27' not found", this has been fixed by the latest binary upload nix_core_x86_64_linux_gnu_2_0_3, you can redownload the linux wallet if you had this problem

I think some people have unreasonably high expectations and need to realise that they only see 5% of what's goes on overall.

Some teams are extremely polite and have excellent PR but have no substance behind them, whereas this team will roll their sleeves up and get stuck in until they meet their goals.

I don't think it's fair to hold them to the same standard as top tier projects at this point since the project is so early on.

They've just successfully forked from PoW to PoS a couple of months after mainnet went live which is a MAJOR achievement, something other projects would have made a complete mess out of.

Give them a tiny bit of leeway while things settle down - the party hasn't even started yet.
datanhdung115

Activity: 1078

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 12:17:59 PM

If Bitcoin can continue with the uptrend momentum it has had since the recent rally, the $ 6,500 level could be broken. The next increase will be $ 6,700, $ 6,900 and $ 7,000.
Anonymouse123456

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 01:02:00 PM

If Bitcoin can continue with the uptrend momentum it has had since the recent rally, the $ 6,500 level could be broken. The next increase will be $ 6,700, $ 6,900 and $ 7,000.

It could break down and if it does get that fiat ready for cheap bitcoins and grab some nix
Ghost8941

Activity: 73

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:34:47 PM

$NIX #AMA with our lead developer in case you missed it!

https://youtu.be/eZLuLGq6CkY

Enjoy!

This is great info. For anyone interested in NIX, its a must watch.
DascheSC
Copper Member

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 04:34:55 AM

Hi NIX and community. Just stopping by to say hello.

Nix community is pretty awesome.

HashashInc

Activity: 131

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:30:02 AM

Goodmorning everyone.
The updates to the wallet are necessary, as I pass from POW to Pos, I have made updates and my ghost node has never had problems, always active.
Just spend the necessary time, which anyone would dedicate

M.
wttbs
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 01:50:06 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2018, 02:17:37 PM by wttbs

just downloaded https://github.com/NixPlatform/NixCore/releases/download/v2.0.3/nix_core_x86_64_linux_gnu_2_0_3.zip, extracted it on Linux 16.04 VPS, run nixd and get this error

./nixd: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.11' not found (required by ./nixd)
./nixd: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.22' not found (required by ./nixd)

so for now, I will compile from source files, see if that works.

*update*

compiled from source, that works
./nixd -daemon
NIX server starting
molecularman

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 04:16:15 PM

Are folks getting a false positive with virus scanning the new Nix wallet?    I'm on Windows with Avast.      Just curious....

Your signature here
wttbs
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 07:11:36 PM

just downloaded https://github.com/NixPlatform/NixCore/releases/download/v2.0.3/nix_core_x86_64_linux_gnu_2_0_3.zip, extracted it on Linux 16.04 VPS, run nixd and get this error

./nixd: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.11' not found (required by ./nixd)
./nixd: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.22' not found (required by ./nixd)

so for now, I will compile from source files, see if that works.

*update*

compiled from source, that works
./nixd -daemon
NIX server starting

you need to install more libs

define "more" ... like which library? GLIBCXX_3.4.22 is included in library libstdc++6 but this library is now mentioned in any docs I found on NIX github: https://github.com/NixPlatform/NixCore/blob/master/doc/dependencies.md

please let me know which library/libraries to install and/or confirm libstdc++6 to one to install, thank you.

maybe it is a good idea for future releases to build an Appimage for Linux releases so users can run it without installing extra libraries, compiling sources and stuff. Like a click-and-go app for linux, that would be very user-friendly.
bitro33

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 01:42:22 AM

great AMA! thanks for answering my questions.

I will keep on buying more and more NIX

this will be top 50 very soon

Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: