Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:27:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] Announcements for Nxt (the first pure POS coin)  (Read 63000 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bybitcoin (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:58:40 AM

Here is the final result and paying assignment for our bounties:

lyynx: man you've done it finally, the type of video I've desired. This probably would be the first Nxt official video!
You get 400K for your video, please provide your account id. Smiley

salsacz: you've wrote a good article covering most of the stuff accurately in a minimalist fashion. But it needs editing by a native speaker (please don't be offended by having me mentioning this).
Also your video v.2 was a good one, very close to my standards, other video about mining was nice too. But unfortunately we have limited sources and by paying the main part of the video bounty to lyynx, I can only provide you 100K for your videos, and also 30K for the article+ 20K for helping me organizing this thread, for the total 150K. Please provide your account id. Smiley

JohnnyBTCSeed: as I promised before, I pay you 50K for your awesome compilation. Please provide your account id.  Smiley

wesleyh: as I promised, you also get 100K for your nice Nxt Mac app. Please provide your account id. Smiley

Anon136: I read it, excellent! You should promise us to write a separate paper about it and referring to Nxt algo in part and putting a copy in arxiv.org for the technical audience to see as well!
I wished I could give you more, but alas my source is limited. I can give you 200K. Please provide your id. Smiley

PS: others videos, articles and translations that I omitted above can post the link to their effort attached with their Nxt id. in the big giveaway thread. I ll send another 100K for klee to continue the giveaway and in particular send you some coins over that thread!

Merry Christmas!

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lyynx

Activity: 380
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:06:21 AM

Here is the final result and paying assignment for our bounties:

lyynx: man you've done it finally, the type of video I've desired. This probably would be the first Nxt official video!
You get 400K for your video, please provide your account id. Smiley

salsacz: you've wrote a good article covering most of the stuff accurately in a minimalist fashion. But it needs editing by a native speaker (please don't be offended by having me mentioning this).
Also your video v.2 was a good one, very close to my standards, other video about mining was nice too. But unfortunately we have limited sources and by paying the main part of the video bounty to lyynx, I can only provide you 100K for your videos, and also 30K for the article+ 20K for helping me organizing this thread, for the total 150K. Please provide your account id. Smiley

JohnnyBTCSeed: as I promised before, I pay you 50K for your awesome compilation. Please provide your account id.  Smiley

wesleyh: as I promised, you also get 100K for your nice Nxt Mac app. Please provide your account id. Smiley

Anon136: I read it, excellent! You should promise us to write a separate paper about it and referring to Nxt algo in part and putting a copy in arxiv.org for the technical audience to see as well!
I wished I could give you more, but alas my source is limited. I can give you 200K. Please provide your id. Smiley

PS: others videos, articles and translations that I omitted above can post the link to their effort attached with their Nxt id. in the big giveaway thread. I ll send another 100K for klee to continue the giveaway and in particular send you some coins over that thread!

Merry Christmas!

I am glad you are pleased with it. My account is 3394616525175328032

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:48:46 AM

Thank you all  Wink

My NXT: 15003961341330858247

As I informed Byt, right now I am finishing a brand new video with much more decent graphics in cooperation with Ola who provides a professional voice over. Also we've got a new member of the video group - very experienced video explainer maker, so it seems like we will have more non-amateurish looking videos before the launch Smiley

I think it won't be a big problem to find another "rich" resources. If we cooperate a little, we can create a good material and spread Nxt worldwide.

In Peercoin volunteers group there are about 5 people working on 1 video (+ idea brainstorming of all community).

Merry Christmas
salsacz

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:05:20 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 03:21:34 AM by salsacz

Announcement

In the Nxteam googledoc there are 2 sheets about donation:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgAGADgnQcrtdHRrV3V3Z1lzOXVEMWtqdElUaEtqV1E#gid=2

"I want to donate"
- Donators can write there if they want to rent someone, create something, support any kind of help. - It also doesn't have to be specific wish.

Then:
"I want a donation"
- this is little experimental, but if someone thinks he is very special and looking for his donator, this is a place for him.

(I am updating those sheets because all these information are spread everywhere in the forums..)

Other helpers now have special sheets and there might be some more organized and paid jobs...

Now not only original stakeholders, but also Alias owners really need Nxt to success Smiley
bybitcoin (OP)

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:10:42 AM

Thank you all  Wink

As I informed Byt, right now I am finishing a brand new video with much more decent graphics in cooperation with Ola who provides a professional voice over. Also we've got a new member of the video group - very experienced video explainer maker, so it seems like we will have more non-amateurish looking videos before the launch Smiley

I think it won't be a big problem to find another "rich" resources. If we cooperate a little, we can create a good material and spread Nxt worldwide.

In Peercoin volunteers group there are about 5 people working on 1 video (+ idea brainstorming of all community).

Merry Christmas
Yes there are some other works in progress as I received pms but there was a pressure to assign and release the bounty prizes, to avoid despair, so I found Christmas a cheering coincidence for doing that!
It is possible to push the progress forward and achieve the targets step by step like what we have done in this thread and in the big promotion based giveaway, if other holders and active members step forward and help things out. Of course they do not have to send donations to my pool. They can make one for themselves and start defining projects and bounty prizes, or simply donating to good contributions case by case. Having a pool and a defined project list makes the process more constructive and target-based, also time sensitive.
I wish I could award to all the posted (or sent to me by pm) contributions, but my time is busy and my Nxt source is very limited. As a result I plan to lock my Nxt threads at the 3rd of January 2014. I hope the other members continue the way to Nxt great success!

PS: may I ask you lyynx, to upload your video to dropbox and post the link. I want to put it in the OP. The same request to all the awarded submissions (articles and the compilation in the pdf format please).
lyynx

Activity: 380
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:57:27 AM

Thank you all  Wink

Merry Christmas
Yes there are some other works in progress as I received pms but there was a pressure to assign and release the bounty prizes, to avoid despair, so I found Christmas a cheering coincidence for doing that!
It is possible to push the progress forward and achieve the targets step by step like what we have done in this thread and in the big promotion based giveaway, if other holders and active members step forward and help things out. Of course they do not have to send donations to my pool. They can make one for themselves and start defining projects and bounty prizes, or simply donating to good contributions case by case. Having a pool and a defined project list makes the process more constructive and target-based, also time sensitive.
I wish I could award to all the posted (or sent to me by pm) contributions, but my time is busy and my Nxt source is very limited. As a result I plan to lock my Nxt threads at the 3rd of January 2014. I hope the other members continue the way to Nxt great success!

PS: may I ask you lyynx, to upload your video to dropbox and post the link. I want to put it in the OP. The same request to all the awarded submissions (articles and the compilation in the pdf format please).

Here is the dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4iti1sjl75g4ek/nxt-coin-introduction.mp4

abuelau

Activity: 750

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:07:56 AM

Hey guys,

Is there any bounty for a german translation of parts of the wiki/whitepaper/webpages?

Let me know,
TwinWinNerD

And likewise for Brazilian Portuguese.

Awesome, now we need only Korean and Indian people, if I count most important languages Smiley

Welcome to the https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgAGADgnQcrtdHRrV3V3Z1lzOXVEMWtqdElUaEtqV1E#gid=1 - the page will be revised soon.

Cool.

So it seems I need to contact "Joefox587" to get permission to translate the wiki (http://nxtcrypto.wikia.com/wiki/Nxt_Wiki). Do you know how to contact him so I can start the work?

Know what's happening in cryptoworld: www.coinschedule.com
abuelau

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:11:17 AM

Hi All!

It was suggest that I post over here. I'm in the process of collecting donations/bounties to continue building out a 100+ public nodes in 10 different geographic locations. I've currently received donations for 50 nodes and have deployed 20 in 2 data centers. The other 30 just came in today so I'm deploying and coding as fast as the holiday will allow!

Current status:

- 10 nodes in Atlanta deployed
- 10 nodes in Northern Virgina deployed
- 10 nodes in Dallas in progress
- 10 nodes in Chicago queued
- 10 nodes in non-US location TBD queued

I'm deploying new nodes as I receive donations in chunks 3000 nxt. 3000 nxt covers 1 node for 3 months.

All donations will be held in the nxtbase account until the end of March. At the end of March, I'll reimburse myself for all fees occured. What this means, is that ratio of deployed nodes to donations is completely transparent. For example, if my account has 30K nxt, there will be 20 public nodes (10 for donation and 10 donated by me). So my work can be audited by the community. It could be at any given time a node or two is bust, but in general the running public nodes should equal balance/3000 + 10.

So if you would like to support the cause, please donate or pay a bounty to 11243542237777034551. PM if you want to be recognized for your donations!

Thanks for your support!

-Ferment

Nice work.

In the interest of diversification, I have also deployed a node in Ireland, and will deploy one additional node for every 3000 NXT I receive at the address 9060914620736248721

Thanks!

salsacz

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:22:37 AM

So it seems I need to contact "Joefox587" to get permission to translate the wiki (http://nxtcrypto.wikia.com/wiki/Nxt_Wiki). Do you know how to contact him so I can start the work?

Everyone can update the Wiki, here is the info:

1. Create a new wiki, like:
http://nxt-cz.wikia.com/wiki/Nxt_Cz_Wiki
http://nxt-nl.wikia.com/wiki/Nxt_NL_Wiki

2. upload XML:
You can download the XML version of the wiki here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2948110/Nxt/NxtWiki-20131221231026.xml

Once you have this file, do the following on WIkia to import it:
- go to your ADMIN page for the -your language- wiki
- choose “advanced” from the tabs at the top of the page
- select “Import pages” (under “page tools”)
- Upload the XML file and submit

3. The XML is little old, so you can then copy some new menus straight from http://nxtcrypto.wikia.com/wiki/Nxt_Wiki
BIT4BRAIN

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:47:53 AM

How does this make it the first POS coin?

฿it 4 ฿rain : ฿itcoin
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:13:27 PM

How does this make it the first POS coin?

U missed "pure".
Stark-Fujikawa

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:16:12 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2013, 02:51:07 AM by Stark-Fujikawa

Took me a while, but I finished one of the more important pages of the Dutch wiki; the FAQ page:

http://nxt-nl.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

May still translate some of the other pages today, but the holidays will probably cut into my available time.

Edit: Another page done.

http://nxt-nl.wikia.com/wiki/Windows

And another one:

http://nxt-nl.wikia.com/wiki/Nxt_History

NXT:13307336450726014831

NL/EN Translator. Will work for crypto.
NXT:13307336450726014831
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:59:12 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 10:28:12 PM by Anon136

Oops I forgot to post my address. Sorry about that Grin

Thanks so much bybitcoin *edit* and everyone else who contributed!

here is my address 17286747867026237511

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
wesleyh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:07:37 PM

Thanks to all of you for contributing to this donation fund, my account id is:

I am in the process of developing some other cool stuff as well, will keep you updated in this thread.

Again, thank you, and merry christmas!

Wesley
dudenohair

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:10:04 PM

Are there any bounties coming up? I hope I did not miss this train. I could do anything with photoshop, some average videos with adobe flash and video editing programs... Oh and I can translate anything to lithuanian.
abuelau

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:11:45 PM

Ok guys, I've setup the Brazilian Portuguese Wiki, imported the XML with the english data and translated the Home Page.

URL is: http://nxtptbr.wikia.com/

I will continue to work on the other pages tonight and in the next few days.

If someone is feeling the Christmas spirit, donations are welcome: 9060914620736248721

Merry Christmas!  Smiley

DLXS

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 01:46:48 AM

Any Spanish translation needed? Smiley
pinarello

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

NXT is the future

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 11:53:48 AM

please someone make this possible win win win ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg4135535#msg4135535

Pin

user1922

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:50:48 PM

Hello all,

Created a startup script for nxt for easy start and stop control of you nxt node.
1) create a user nxtuser using the following command:
Code:
adduser nxtuser
2) unpack nxt.zip:
Code:
cd /home/nxtuser && unzip nxt.zip
3) create the start.sh in the nxt folder: echo "java -jar start.jar -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true" > /home/nxtuser/nxt/start.sh
4) Place the following script in /etc/init.d/nxt-local and you can start and stop it using the service and/or invoke-rc.d commands:
  • service nxt-local start
  • service nxt-local stop
  • invoke-rc.d nxt-local start
  • invoke-rc.d nxt-local start

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#
# NXT initscript
#

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          nxt
# Required-Start:    $network $local_fs
# Required-Stop:.....
# Should-Start:......
# Should-Stop:.......
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
# Short-Description: NXT node
### END INIT INFO

# PATH should only include /usr/* if it runs after the mountnfs.sh script
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
DESC="NXT node"
NAME=nxt
USER=nxtuser
PREFIX="/home/nxtuser/nxt"
DAEMON="$PREFIX"/start.sh
PIDFILE=/var/run/$NAME.pid

# Exit if the package is not installed
[ -x "$DAEMON" ] || exit 0

# Define LSB log_* functions.
# Depend on lsb-base (>= 3.0-6) to ensure that this file is present.
. /lib/lsb/init-functions

# Exit if USER not specified
if [ ! $USER ]; then
        log_failure_msg "$NAME: The user '$USER' does not exist."
        exit 1
fi

# Check for an invalid user or one without a home directory
eval USERHOME=~$USER
if [ "${USERHOME#/}" = "${USERHOME}" ]; then
        log_failure_msg "$NAME: The user '$USER' has no home folder."
        exit 1
fi

#
#       Function that starts the daemon/service.
#
do_start() {
    ulimit -d 1000000
    ulimit -m 1000000
    ulimit -v 4000000
    start-stop-daemon --start --background --make-pidfile --pidfile $PIDFILE \
        --chuid ${USER} --chdir ${PREFIX} --startas "$DAEMON" -- $DAEMON_ARGS
}

#
#       Function that stops the daemon/service.
#
do_stop() {
    start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --retry=TERM/30/KILL/5 --pidfile $PIDFILE
    RETVAL="$?"
    [ "$RETVAL" = 2 ] && return 2               # still running!
    [ -e $PIDFILE ] && rm -f $PIDFILE
    return "$RETVAL"
}

case "$1" in
    start)
        log_daemon_msg "Starting $DESC" "$NAME"
        do_start
        ;;
    stop)
        log_daemon_msg "Stopping $DESC" "$NAME"
        do_stop
        case "$?" in