Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:08:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] Announcements for Nxt (the first pure POS coin)  (Read 63003 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Stark-Fujikawa

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:01:48 PM

Give me a heads-up when the finalized whitepaper is posted and I'll translate it asap.

NL/EN Translator. Will work for crypto.
NXT:13307336450726014831

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:18:50 AM

Due to increases in Nxt value, I ll be very serious about the quality of the bounty projects, be warned.
If things stay at the same current level and participants do not improve their creations accordingly, I ll then divide the bounty prizes in several parts and will pay each round to one level of qualified submissions (making two or more rounds).
This is especially true about the video production: at the moment 500K Nxt is about 30 BTC or $18000, therefore the video (which will stand as our official one) should be very professional, attractive and close to perfection!

PS: once more, I need an update from cunicula about the whitepaper..

What about deadlines? It was till 15.12., then till 20.12.2013. I stayed at home and worked on the video nonstop for another 12 hours so I could make it till the second last deadline. And have you got any comments, now - 2 days after the deadline?
thanks Smiley

Yes, I dont get it.  You wanted a coindesk-format article, and I'm the only one who has delivered that.  Heck, I was the only one to submit any original content  before your original deadline.  Now there will be a rush of people coming in here and raping all our articles' content and trying to throw something together in coindesk format (since Ive just highlighted this issue) to make one of their own; the press release you paid for used some of my content, which actually did make me feel pretty good though, so I dont understand what it is you don't like about my article.  Some people's stuff you give critiques, others nothing.
Stark-Fujikawa

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:37:48 AM

Started the Dutch wiki. Two translated pages so far, will do more tomorrow as it is very late over here at the moment:

http://nxt-nl.wikia.com/wiki/Nxt_NL_Wiki

bybitcoin (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:09:06 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 08:54:34 AM by bybitcoin

Due to increases in Nxt value, I ll be very serious about the quality of the bounty projects, be warned.
If things stay at the same current level and participants do not improve their creations accordingly, I ll then divide the bounty prizes in several parts and will pay each round to one level of qualified submissions (making two or more rounds).
This is especially true about the video production: at the moment 500K Nxt is about 30 BTC or $18000, therefore the video (which will stand as our official one) should be very professional, attractive and close to perfection!

PS: once more, I need an update from cunicula about the whitepaper..

What about deadlines? It was till 15.12., then till 20.12.2013. I stayed at home and worked on the video nonstop for another 12 hours so I could make it till the second last deadline. And have you got any comments, now - 2 days after the deadline?
thanks Smiley

Yes, I dont get it.  You wanted a coindesk-format article, and I'm the only one who has delivered that.  Heck, I was the only one to submit any original content  before your original deadline.  Now there will be a rush of people coming in here and raping all our articles' content and trying to throw something together in coindesk format (since Ive just highlighted this issue) to make one of their own; the press release you paid for used some of my content, which actually did make me feel pretty good though, so I dont understand what it is you don't like about my article.  Some people's stuff you give critiques, others nothing.
Why are you too demanding, also what brings you to the  state of accusing other people using your data to configure their articles?!
The general article is about general facts on Nxt. It is not quantum physics and everyone can see those facts before hand, yet the one who shapes them in better and more optimized words shall win the article bounty. And one thing more, I am not blind or dump, if something has been published by you before others, I ll consider yours the credited.

Finally the fact that I keep silent doesn't mean I did not review your works (all of you). Here are some mistakes you have made in your article:
1-The decentralized p2p exchange is based on coloredcoins feature, they are not separated, and that brings the necessity of having some gateways accompanying the exchange when the coloredcoin represents a currency (like btc) or any digital or real good (like amazon products).
Only for securities, commodities and stocks there is no need for gateways as there is no need for the actual release of the corresponding good.
2-You say the following at the end of your article:"Now, on to the nuts and bolts of Nxt’s implementation of PoS.  Its elegantly simple: transaction fees are distributed out proportionally to all users based on the amount of Nxt a client has. (assuming that client is running and unlocked).  So if a client has 1 million Nxt, then they have 1/1000 of a chance of receiving the transaction fee for any transaction.  The math here is 1 million (amount the client has) divided by 1 billion (total Nxt in existence) is 1000, so that is 1/1000 of a chance."
This is wrong: tx fees are not proportionally distributed to all users based the amount of Nxt a client has, actually the chance to generate the next block and gain all the tx fees included on that block is proportionally distributed among them based on their balance.. they are different things!

I said the article needs some nice pictures and flowchart, you then copy-pasted a general picture at the start of your article.. is yours really in the level of a coindesk standard article?! I do not have the time or patience to write the critics on each single article.
Still no debate, I ll consider all the works for the bounty project and will assign accordingly.

And by the way you are 100% wrong about the press release funding, up to this moment I have not paid a single dime to the press release and psybits for that. He just started it with the btc donations he got from some donators (I am not updated about how much he gathered up to this moment). But sure we should find a way to pay him in coming weeks..
My time and funding source is limited, perhaps you and your colleagues that are running and leading the hot topics of Nxt Foundation and Nxt Bounty projects in nextcoin.org forum can shape a donation pool (being kept by themselves) and start taking a part and helping, just talking doesn't solve anything at all!

PS: @salsacz: yes the deadline is passed, but I am waiting for lyynx's and cunicula's update. lyynx pm d me stating that his updated video will be released by tomorrow. So we will apparently have our bounty prizes paid soon!
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:32:01 AM

NXT press release is now on Yahoo Finance: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-descendant-nxt-features-100-051500739.html

I'll have links to more reports shortly (the release has been published on over 300 online news sites).
bybitcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:44:26 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 08:59:14 AM by bybitcoin

All my effort I have put in on NXT is stolen by others, just like optical is telling, who received huge bounty's.

I warned you all for dgex that it was a huge security flaw.

Recieved in all that time some NXT from exactly 2 stakeholders.

One moment I proposed even to buy a little amount of NXT from someone, NOBODY wanted to sell.

I was devoted to NXT, but from now one you can go on with them thiefs.

sorry guys I dont follow you all this road.

edit: look out, or some day you will choke on all your NXT hoarders.

GL to all
Pin

You did the same thing with eMunie project, didn't you? Wink
Thank you for the wish, and good luck to you as well!
We need passionate people: if you care for your so called ideas being stolen, or you treat your voluntary effort helping Nxt to be paid like a job, yes you should find another place to follow your predetermined plans!

PS: on the matter of dgex, as I mentioned some days before, I agree that dgex is far from the level of being the primary exchange for Nxt and apparently we will need a fix soon.
boredeo

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:19:31 AM

I know it wasn't an officially sanctioned bounty, but would be pleasing to see a donation to 4534322254679043886 for https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg4101194#msg4101194 for that issue, you're giving out thousands of nxt for translations, I think I deserve more than a few for finding a documentation bug. Smiley
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:37:41 AM

"stealing ideas"

I think we are in the open source project, where people should steal a lot! If is something coool, it is good to use it! All we need is a great material and the reader doesn't care if the material comes from different sources.

But it is always better - if you want to steal something - to contact the owner and at least ask him, if it's OK and then mention him somewhere Smiley
GCInc.

Activity: 566

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 10:59:49 AM

PS: on the matter of dgex, as I mentioned some days before, I agree that dgex is far from the level of being the primary exchange for Nxt and apparently we will need a fix soon.
Not that far, give or take a week.

It is much different already than it was a week ago, we would appreciate an opinion what other factors other than the website design are crucial to your evaluation of "a fix"?

BTW https://dgex.com works now fine.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 02:48:10 PM

Hey guys,

Is there any bounty for a german translation of parts of the wiki/whitepaper/webpages?

Let me know,
TwinWinNerD

Stark-Fujikawa

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:32:01 PM

All my effort I have put in on NXT is stolen by others, just like optical is telling, who received huge bounty's.

Alright, I'm not sure if this accusation is leveled at me,  but I would like to make a statement just in case. At this point in time, I have received exactly one donation (substantially less than yours, but that's fair since you've done more work so far). Apart from that, the work  I have put in the "Wat is Nxt?" article is entirely my own.

I have now started work on the Dutch wiki and have only been using my own work for that as well. The "Getting Started" page contained a text I think you've translated on the Nextcoin forum, but if you inspect that text you should see I used my own translation for the Wiki as I didn't want to use your text without permission and furthermore couldn't have as the forum was down at the moment I was translating the page. That said you are more than welcome to help translate the Wiki, as it's a huge undertaking for one person and multiple editors results in better quality control.

I harbor no ill will towards you, and I'm not sure this is even directed at me, but I wanted to clarify things publicly as I'm one of the other Dutch translators and stating "people have stolen my work and collected the rewards" could easily lead them to assume I was the one doing said things.

As for some progress on the Dutch wiki. I have so far completed the Home page, the Getting Started page and am almost done with the Myths and Misconceptions page.

http://nxt-nl.wikia.com/wiki/Nxt_NL_Wiki
http://nxt-nl.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#Mythes_en_misconcepties
http://nxt-nl.wikia.com/wiki/Van_Start_Gaan

Anyone is more than welcome to help. The English pages are currently fully integrated in the page and I'm in the process of translating them and phasing out the English text so the structure remains identical to the English wiki. I still see this as a collaborative effort rather than a competitive one, but wanted to clear things up just in case.

bybitcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:54:34 PM

Not that far, give or take a week.

It is much different already than it was a week ago, we would appreciate an opinion what other factors other than the website design are crucial to your evaluation of "a fix"?

BTW https://dgex.com works now fine.
I already mentioned those factors in another post at the page 7 of this same bounty thread:
Also about dgex, it is far from the level of being the main Nxt exchange atm, because of the lack of payment automation and also because the withdrawal 0.9% fee discourages high volume traders and in general working with a pure PoS currency like Nxt make it possible for the site to reduce fees to close to 0 (maybe some fixed fees for btc cashouts+ some min. Nxt fee to prevent spamming and market manipulation).

WebCanvas.in

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 05:57:03 PM

It is with great pleasure that I, Sheeba - from www.webcanvas.in, a professional wed and graphics design platform; would like to introduce ourselves to you. We have been catering to hundreds of clients globally and continue to serve premium quality designs for every requirement.

Lately, we have begun accepting crypto currencies starting from Bitcoin and we have numerous clients who have opted to use it as a choice of payment, motivating us to consider adding more of such potential currencies. We have been constantly looking at adding a new crypto coin as payment option, which was what brought NXT coin to our attention.

We believe it would definitely be profitable for us to get in early in accepting NXT coin as a payment option for our business.

As an early adoption of a new crypto currency, we are offering a 10% discount for all orders placed using the NXT coin.

We would further increase the discount rates as the popularity of NXT increases over time.

We would be truly glad if you guys would add our company www.webcanvas.in in your NXT coin bounty list as the first online based company accepting NXT as a payment option.

This would really motivate us in accepting a new crypto currency for our business and will also give more exposure to this crypto within the designing industry.

Thank you for your attention and we wish the NXT coin a great success.

Seasons Greetings from WebCanvas.

NXT : 16333127575054031013
opticalcarrier

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:46:17 PM

Why are you too demanding, also what brings you to the  state of accusing other people using your data to configure their articles?!
Please see the following article Ive quoted for you.  It wasnt an accusation, like I said I was pleased they used my content, I just thought was odd that the author liked my content but you seem to not like it.

Here is a copy of the Press Release draft we have sent to bybitcoin for review before sending it out to Yahoo Finance, The Wall Street Journal and more (full service at http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/services)! Many of our Press Releases also appear on CoinDesk and Bitcoin Magazine. The Press Release has been partially funded by BTC donations so I am unsure if we are eligible for any bounties but I am posting it here anyway Smiley As soon as the release has been approved by bybitcoin we will send it out Smiley

Bitcoin Descendant NXT Features 100% Original Code Base, Green Mining, Decentralized Trading And Many More Primary Innovations

Second generation digital currency NXT possesses a 100% original code base, eliminates transaction confirmation wait times, utilizes 100% green (or low energy) mining, decentralizes trading, and enables the creation of smart property via “colored” coins. NXT currently possesses an entirely original code base, instant transactions and green mining; the rest of these features and more will be introduced in January 2014 when the new NXT client launches, with some believing NXT is poised to overtake Bitcoin within two years.

Unlike all other alt coins which are really just variations of Bitcoin, NXT is a completely original design built from scratch with an entirely new code base. NXT supports instant transactions while still being extremely secure; ending the endless confirmation wait times. NXT transaction speeds are almost as fast as the VISA and Mastercard transactions of the debt based economy which make buying and selling so convenient. But with NXT, those instant transactions can be just as anonymous as Bitcoin, bringing to its users the best of both the fiat and crypto worlds.

NXT is currently traded on the Bitcoin-Next Exchange with a current value of 0.00001000 BTC/NXT. However, the Bitcoin-Next Exchange is only temporary. Soon, centralized exchanges with their ever present risk of the operators suddenly disappearing and making off with the users’ funds, will be a thing of the past. The NXT wallet client is currently rolling out a new feature which will enable decentralized peer to peer trading between NXT and BTC, once and for all eliminating the need to place trust in whoever is behind the centralized exchange. Furthermore, those trades can be conducted completely anonymously.
 Decentralized trading is only the beginning. Next comes decentralized DNS (significantly enhancing Namecoin's current offering), decentralized instant messaging and chat, completely anonymous websites with no additional plugins required to browse them, decentralized stock exchanges, and peer to peer transactions of all kinds which are 100% green, secure, encrypted and irreversible.

NXT was initially brought into circulation by 71 stakeholders who donated a total of 21 Bitcoins in exchange for a stake in the NXT genesis block which generated one billion NXT. In other words, all the NXT has already been mined. However, transaction fees will continue to be distributed to all NXT wallet clients based on the portion of total NXT each client holds. This proof of stake mining, or more accurately, forging, completely eliminates the need to secure the network with vast amounts of hashing power. It also eliminates any incentive to control 51 percent of the network. Finally, it is a truly green network because the amount of energy required to “forge” transaction fees is minimal. Any ordinary computer with the client installed can forge; which means anyone worldwide can participate in and get rewarded for maintaining the NXT network.

NXT’s code supports the creation of “colored” coins, a way to designate specific coins and tie them to physical property. This concept has been attempted with Bitcoin but so far those attempts have been unsuccessful. The ability to “color” or designate specific coins serves as a bridge between the cryptoworld and the physical world. It also provides a way for cryptocoins to be tied to some kind of physical asset. This ability is already being built into the very foundation of the NXT code base.

With its instant transaction confirmations, decentralized trading, 100% green mining or forging, and utility for creating smart property, NXT has immediate utility, high demand and unlimited value because of the multitude of possibilities within its ecosystem.

One result expected to take off is a multitude of profitable decentralized autonomous corporations (DACS) which will be 100% backed by shareholders and which will pay out profits to shareholders in dividends. NXT will also support the near complete replication of existing financial systems—with the added benefit of actually being decentralized and anonymous.

For the first time in alt coin history, we will have a currency and infrastructure which is based on a 100% original code base, 100% green, accessible to anyone on the planet, truly secure, and fast. With NXT, anyone worldwide can participate in securing the network of this emerging next gen digital currency which is positioned to explode; the high barriers to entry which are characteristic of Bitcoin today will be a thing of the past.

To learn more: http://nextcoin.org
To trade NXT please go to: http://dgex.com
NXT thread on Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.0
opticalcarrier

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:47:12 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 06:58:32 PM by opticalcarrier

Why are you too demanding, also what brings you to the  state of accusing other people using your data to configure their articles?!
Please see the following article Ive quoted for you.  It wasnt an accusation, like I said I was pleased they used my content, I just thought was odd that the author liked my content but you seem to not like it.

Here is a copy of the Press Release draft we have sent to bybitcoin for review before sending it out to Yahoo Finance, The Wall Street Journal and more (full service at http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/services)! Many of our Press Releases also appear on CoinDesk and Bitcoin Magazine. The Press Release has been partially funded by BTC donations so I am unsure if we are eligible for any bounties but I am posting it here anyway Smiley As soon as the release has been approved by bybitcoin we will send it out Smiley

Bitcoin Descendant NXT Features 100% Original Code Base, Green Mining, Decentralized Trading And Many More Primary Innovations

Second generation digital currency NXT possesses a 100% original code base, eliminates transaction confirmation wait times, utilizes 100% green (or low energy) mining, decentralizes trading, and enables the creation of smart property via “colored” coins. NXT currently possesses an entirely original code base, instant transactions and green mining; the rest of these features and more will be introduced in January 2014 when the new NXT client launches, with some believing NXT is poised to overtake Bitcoin within two years.

Unlike all other alt coins which are really just variations of Bitcoin, NXT is a completely original design built from scratch with an entirely new code base. NXT supports instant transactions while still being extremely secure; ending the endless confirmation wait times. NXT transaction speeds are almost as fast as the VISA and Mastercard transactions of the debt based economy which make buying and selling so convenient. But with NXT, those instant transactions can be just as anonymous as Bitcoin, bringing to its users the best of both the fiat and crypto worlds.

NXT is currently traded on the Bitcoin-Next Exchange with a current value of 0.00001000 BTC/NXT. However, the Bitcoin-Next Exchange is only temporary. Soon, centralized exchanges with their ever present risk of the operators suddenly disappearing and making off with the users’ funds, will be a thing of the past. The NXT wallet client is currently rolling out a new feature which will enable decentralized peer to peer trading between NXT and BTC, once and for all eliminating the need to place trust in whoever is behind the centralized exchange. Furthermore, those trades can be conducted completely anonymously.
 Decentralized trading is only the beginning. Next comes decentralized DNS (significantly enhancing Namecoin's current offering), decentralized instant messaging and chat, completely anonymous websites with no additional plugins required to browse them, decentralized stock exchanges, and peer to peer transactions of all kinds which are 100% green, secure, encrypted and irreversible.

NXT was initially brought into circulation by 71 stakeholders who donated a total of 21 Bitcoins in exchange for a stake in the NXT genesis block which generated one billion NXT. In other words, all the NXT has already been mined. However, transaction fees will continue to be distributed to all NXT wallet clients based on the portion of total NXT each client holds. This proof of stake mining, or more accurately, forging, completely eliminates the need to secure the network with vast amounts of hashing power. It also eliminates any incentive to control 51 percent of the network. Finally, it is a truly green network because the amount of energy required to “forge” transaction fees is minimal. Any ordinary computer with the client installed can forge; which means anyone worldwide can participate in and get rewarded for maintaining the NXT network.

NXT’s code supports the creation of “colored” coins, a way to designate specific coins and tie them to physical property. This concept has been attempted with Bitcoin but so far those attempts have been unsuccessful. The ability to “color” or designate specific coins serves as a bridge between the cryptoworld and the physical world. It also provides a way for cryptocoins to be tied to some kind of physical asset. This ability is already being built into the very foundation of the NXT code base.

With its instant transaction confirmations, decentralized trading, 100% green mining or forging, and utility for creating smart property, NXT has immediate utility, high demand and unlimited value because of the multitude of possibilities within its ecosystem.

One result expected to take off is a multitude of profitable decentralized autonomous corporations (DACS) which will be 100% backed by shareholders and which will pay out profits to shareholders in dividends. NXT will also support the near complete replication of existing financial systems—with the added benefit of actually being decentralized and anonymous.

For the first time in alt coin history, we will have a currency and infrastructure which is based on a 100% original code base, 100% green, accessible to anyone on the planet, truly secure, and fast. With NXT, anyone worldwide can participate in securing the network of this emerging next gen digital currency which is positioned to explode; the high barriers to entry which are characteristic of Bitcoin today will be a thing of the past.

Here are some mistakes you have made in your article:
1-The decentralized p2p exchange is based on coloredcoins feature, they are not separated, and that brings the necessity of having some gateways accompanying the exchange when the coloredcoin represents a currency (like btc) or any digital or real good (like amazon products).
Only for securities, commodities and stocks there is no need for gateways as there is no need for the actual release of the corresponding good.
A mistake?  No, I never STATED they weren't related.  So you want to nitpick the way I present, but then you have just said:
The general article is about general facts on Nxt. It is not quantum physics
OK so its not to the level of quantum physics, yet you seem to want an EXTREMELY DETAILED article, which would go well past the content size and readibility level of a coindesk article approaching the level of a white paper, which is NOT what you want for a general article.

2-You say the following at the end of your article:"Now, on to the nuts and bolts of Nxt’s implementation of PoS.  Its elegantly simple: transaction fees are distributed out proportionally to all users based on the amount of Nxt a client has. (assuming that client is running and unlocked).  So if a client has 1 million Nxt, then they have 1/1000 of a chance of receiving the transaction fee for any transaction.  The math here is 1 million (amount the client has) divided by 1 billion (total Nxt in existence) is 1000, so that is 1/1000 of a chance."
This is wrong: tx fees are not proportionally distributed to all users based the amount of Nxt a client has, actually the chance to generate the next block and gain all the tx fees included on that block is proportionally distributed among them based on their balance.. they are different things!
once again, do you want this presented to the level of quantum physics, or to the length of a typical coindesk article?  I elected to skip discussions about blocks contaning multiple transactions, and to deal with transaction fees as obtaining transaction fees are the goal of forgers.  Like I said, this needs to be kept to the size and comprehension level of a coindesk article.  What you describe is more appropriate for a whitepaper, not a general article.

I said the article needs some nice pictures and flowchart, you then copy-pasted a general picture at the start of your article.. is yours really in the level of a coindesk standard article?!
Like I said, the finished picture will have an overlay of the voted on logo.  Those other alt coins in the background of the logo is the PERFECT picture for this.  The need for a chart is a legit critique for this.  I see eveyone has elected to not do this, I guess I should do this.  Besides that, yes it is to the level of a coindesk article.  Someone elected to post my article to the wikis out there and its even started to be translated in lots of places.  Its brought LOTS of people to NXT.

My time and funding source is limited, perhaps you and your colleagues that are running and leading the hot topics of Nxt Foundation and Nxt Bounty projects in nextcoin.org forum can shape a donation pool (being kept by themselves) and start taking a part and helping, just talking doesn't solve anything at all!
This has already happened.  Our forum's bounty pool has just bailed though, to the dogecoin project, leaving me the keys to the pool, and with all the attacks lately I havent had time to do anything about it.  Ive volunteered to manage FOR FREE, VPSs for any donor stakeholder who pays for the VPS.  So Im pretty busy here myself.

It appears you have something against me.. Not sure what it is other than the typo I made to you in a PM after in the trading tread you sold 1M NXT to someone at rate of 5BTC/1MNXT and I was trying to ask if you had more for sale at that rate, instead I accidentally referenced 1BTC which was obviously incorrect according to the trade you just made, instead you mocked me back in a PM.  So I replied saying it was an accident and referenced the 5BTC trade you made and let you know thats what Im talking about.  No reply.

So whatever dude.  Its obvious you will not pick my article.  Even though its by far the best, most original one, submitted by your date, and has already been published all over, already fulfilling the function of a general article.  Ill just go ahead and publish to coindesk regardless of wheter or not you pay me, and see what *they* tink about it. because its good for NXT.  You just go right on being butthurt about me.  Personally, I NEVER give other people that much control over me.  Your mileage may vary.  Merry Christmas!
bybitcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:25:35 PM

Here are some mistakes you have made in your article:
A mistake?  No, I never STATED they weren't related.  So you want to nitpick the way I present, but then you have just said:
The general article is about general facts on Nxt. It is not quantum physics
OK so its not to the level of quantum physics, yet you seem to want an EXTREMELY DETAILED article, which would go well past the content size and readibility level of a coindesk article approaching the level of a white paper, which is NOT what you want for a general article.

2-You say the following at the end of your article:"Now, on to the nuts and bolts of Nxt’s implementation of PoS.  Its elegantly simple: transaction fees are distributed out proportionally to all users based on the amount of Nxt a client has. (assuming that client is running and unlocked).  So if a client has 1 million Nxt, then they have 1/1000 of a chance of receiving the transaction fee for any transaction.  The math here is 1 million (amount the client has) divided by 1 billion (total Nxt in existence) is 1000, so that is 1/1000 of a chance."
once again, do you want this presented to the level of quantum physics, or to the length of a typical coindesk article?  I elected to skip discussions about blocks contaning multiple transactions, and to deal with transaction fees as obtaining transaction fees are the goal of forgers.  Like I said, this needs to be kept to the size and comprehension level of a coindesk article.  What you describe is more appropriate for a whitepaper, not a general article.

I said the article needs some nice pictures and flowchart, you then copy-pasted a general picture at the start of your article.. is yours really in the level of a coindesk standard article?!
Like I said, the finished picture will have an overlay of the voted on logo.  Those other alt coins in the background of the logo is the PERFECT picture for this.  The need for a chart is a legit critique for this.  I see eveyone has elected to not do this, I guess I should do this.  Besides that, yes it is to the level of a coindesk article.  Someone elected to post my article to the wikis out there and its even started to be translated in lots of places.  Its brought LOTS of people to NXT.

This has already happened.  Our forum's bounty pool has just bailed though, to the dogecoin project, leaving me the keys to the pool, and with all the attacks lately I havent had time to do anything about it.  Ive volunteered to manage FOR FREE, VPSs for any donor stakeholder who pays for the VPS.  So Im pretty busy here myself.

It appears you have something against me.. Not sure what it is other than the typo I made to you in a PM after in the trading tread you sold 1M NXT to someone at rate of 5BTC/1MNXT and I was trying to ask if you had more for sale at that rate, instead I accidentally referenced 1BTC which was obviously incorrect according to the trade you just made, instead you mocked me back in a PM.  So I replied saying it was an accident and referenced the 5BTC trade you made and let you know thats what Im talking about.  No reply.

So whatever dude.  Its obvious you will not pick my article.  Even though its by far the best, most original one, submitted by your date, and has already been published all over, already fulfilling the function of a general article.  Ill just go ahead and publish to coindesk regardless of wheter or not you pay me, and see what *they* tink about it. because its good for NXT.  You just go right on being butthurt about me.  Personally, I NEVER give other people that much control over me.  Your mileage may vary.  Merry Christmas!
I leave all you said to the audience to see and decide: but that you believe you have the best article is just your own personal opinion.
Accusing others for stealing your ideas..hehe.. well thank you for the Christmas joke.

About the article yes it should be optimized but not wrongly posed, that is the art of a good writer to shape the main lines of truth in some few words. Also by some pictures I meant some flowcharts and figures to let people understand it more clearly, not the logo you are waiting for the copy-paste! (and whitepaper is for very technical details, algorithms and security model and not the simple facts you were omitting)

You say I (bybitcoin) am against you because you pm d me about the price.. and then mistake..and then I started ignoring you or whatever.
May I ask once and for all:are you out of your mind or too upset atm, or are you a complete fool?? There are a lot of people who send me pm everyday and I just do not get the time to answer. Even our big donator who've already sent 1M to our pool, sometimes gets no reply from me for two or three days (and I am so sorry for that). Several pms and I get confused. I am not a 5 years old kid that become against somebody for his/her 1 or 2 irrelevant pms!

But that is what you are: you accuse people easily, you are too self-confident about your masterpiece... and you have not the time to manage the pool you've already gathered for Nxt project in other forum...lol.
But kid, to be honest, I know what you are doing, you are here with a mission, and you demand a fast paying for your predetermined plans, like the other guy whom I quoted before noon today as well.
Good luck to you, please do not spam this thread, otherwise I ll have to delete your posts. We do not need hatred and conspiracy imaginations here!
abuelau

Activity: 750

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:56:57 PM

Hey guys,

Is there any bounty for a german translation of parts of the wiki/whitepaper/webpages?

Let me know,
TwinWinNerD

And likewise for Brazilian Portuguese.

Know what's happening in cryptoworld: www.coinschedule.com
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:08:35 PM

Hey guys,

Let me know,
TwinWinNerD

And likewise for Brazilian Portuguese.

Awesome, now we need only Korean and Indian people, if I count most important languages Smiley

Welcome to the https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgAGADgnQcrtdHRrV3V3Z1lzOXVEMWtqdElUaEtqV1E#gid=1 - the page will be revised soon.
lyynx

Activity: 380
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:11:03 PM

As promised, here is the updated video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsKPyq_zL5g

ferment

Activity: 168

IDEX - LIVE Real-time DEX

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:19:06 PM

Hi All!

It was suggest that I post over here. I'm in the process of collecting donations/bounties to continue building out a 100+ public nodes in 10 different geographic locations. I've currently received donations for 50 nodes and have deployed 20 in 2 data centers. The other 30 just came in today so I'm deploying and coding as fast as the holiday will allow!

Current status:

- 10 nodes in Atlanta deployed
- 10 nodes in Northern Virgina deployed
- 10 nodes in Dallas in progress
- 10 nodes in Chicago queued
- 10 nodes in non-US location TBD queued

I'm deploying new nodes as I receive donations in chunks 3000 nxt. 3000 nxt covers 1 node for 3 months.

All donations will be held in the nxtbase account until the end of March. At the end of March, I'll reimburse myself for all fees occured. What this means, is that ratio of deployed nodes to donations is completely transparent. For example, if my account has 30K nxt, there will be 20 public nodes (10 for donation and 10 donated by me). So my work can be audited by the community. It could be at any given time a node or two is bust, but in general the running public nodes should equal balance/3000 + 10.

So if you would like to support the cause, please donate or pay a bounty to 11243542237777034551. PM if you want to be recognized for your donations!

Thanks for your support!

-Ferment

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: