Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:26:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: does 4 hours sleep a day can keeps your mind active?  (Read 448 times)
JohnnyLVC (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:16:28 AM

I heard people say that 4 to 5 hours sleep a day is not enough and cannot make your brain function perfectly, and these days I'm having the sleep of about 4 5 hours a day due to work stress so is my brain getting weak?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Frostyz

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 12:18:07 AM

I think its more if you do it regular.
I am used to longer sleep, so for 1-2 days 4-5 hours sleep would be fine, but i could not do that for long. I think i would get then inproductive
JohnnyLVC (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:27:13 AM

I think its more if you do it regular.
I am used to longer sleep, so for 1-2 days 4-5 hours sleep would be fine, but i could not do that for long. I think i would get then inproductive

Yes, getting unproductive scares a lot and because if I'm getting awake for work but if I'm unproductive then it's not worth it.
iamuser007

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:34:11 AM

Scientifically proven that sleeping less than 5 hours a day will affect you in a really bad way. Most likely in like 3 days with 4 hours sleep you will have some galucinations. 7-8 hours of sleep is enough for a normal person. By the way, sleeping more then 10 is damaging your body too, which is kinda funny. 
chensta

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:12:40 AM

4 hours a day will keep you awake and functioning. But you may not function at your maximum capacity. It's not worth it unless it is really necessary.
Untold

Activity: 262
Merit: 181

BitcoinTalk's Premier Design Service @UntoldDesign

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:40:13 AM

I happen to know someone that can only sleep 2-3 hours a day, or he starts to feel ill.

While I love my sleep and would definitely not give it up, he does seem to get a heap done in the spare time and wonder what I would do if I could sleep less.

█▀█▀█████▀███████▀████▀█               BITCOINTALK'S PREMIER DESIGN SERVICE      
▄████         ANN Design   ✔ Logos   ✔ Websites   ✔ Avatars   +More!
█▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄█              Telegram          Discussion    
ololesia

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:17:22 AM

4-5 hours are definitely not enough. Due to chronic lack of sleep, a person's ability to focus and concentrate decreases. It negatively affects our memory. Over time, this leads to a decrease in the quality of life. It becomes more difficult for us to hold a conversation, memorize phrases, solve simple problems.

It is also bad for health. People who suffer from chronic lack of sleep, reduce the number of microorganisms that create a microflora of the intestine. This has a negative effect on metabolism.
Ms. CRYPTO ADVISER

Activity: 166

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:21:13 AM

4-5 hours a day could be enough just dont make it daily routine. If you continue it for a couple of months, you will definitely be sick. Give your self a break from stress and work. Health is wealth mate. Cheers!
diesel_r

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:11:08 AM

I think it is quite subjective. But one think that I noticed is that the older you get, the less sleep you need. So that may be the case for some people.
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:53:36 PM

I heard people say that 4 to 5 hours sleep a day is not enough and cannot make your brain function perfectly, and these days I'm having the sleep of about 4 5 hours a day due to work stress so is my brain getting weak?

It depends for your age. If you are young you want sleep more but after 50 years people can live with 4-5 hour sleep. I have examples of this. And you should take good care of your health ofcourse otherwise you can't go on with less sleep.
WillBe

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:35:13 AM

Not only the weak brain, but the body will also be weak. our bodies are created with some rules, including the rules about when we should rest, when we should eat, and when we should exercise. If we break the rules, it is not impossible that our body and brain are not healthy.
bitbargains

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 12:42:17 AM

Yes. It will keep your mind active however for how long is the question.

Too many nights of 4 hour or even 5 hours sleep, will slowly degrade your physical and mental health. Aside from the obvious fatigue, you will also suffer short term effects like inability to focus properly, being more irritable, memory implications and difficulty maintaining a train of thought.

Long term effects are even more severe, and can range from mental issues like depression and severe paranoia, to physical issues like diabetes, dementia and heart failure.

Ideally you would want to get at least 8 hours of good quality sleep every night. In the worst case scenario, you should at least be getting 7 hours.

It is the cool and trendy thing among many, especially young people nowadays, to brag about how little sleep they can get away with. The truth of the matter is, the people that can get away with just 4 hours of sleep every night are usually "natural short sleepers", meaning they were born with a gene mutation which, by altering their sleep homeostasis, allows them to sleep less but recover as much as a person sleeping for 9-12 hours. People without this gene that are only getting 4 or 5 hours of sleep a day over a prolonged period, will despite their bravado, become inevitably plagued with many of the issues mentioned earlier (depression, loss of brain cells, diabetes, heart failure and so on)

(Read the research here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2884988/)

My recommendation? Go for at least 7 hours of sleep a day if possible. If you don't have enough time to sleep for a continuous 7, then just sleep for as long as you can and make up for the sleep you missed out on, by taking naps throughout the day. Even just two or three quick 30-minute naps every day will go a long way in providing recovery time for your body and brain.
ShitTL

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:48:12 AM

In my opinion, it should not hurt because every day the brain needs at least 6 hours to recover its ability to work, but there are some scientists who sleep only 4 hours a day.
alexagel82

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 01:53:48 AM

It will not because you will feel sleepy all the time and your body will not function at its best compared when you have food sleep
ShitTL

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:59:03 AM

In my opinion, it should not hurt because every day the brain needs at least 6 hours to recover its ability to work, but there are some scientists who sleep only 4 hours a day.
mrphilippine

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:17:59 AM

4-5 hours of sleep is not enough in our body, a adult body requires 7-9 hours of sleep. Lack of sleep can cause darkening of the lower eye, dryness of the skin, lack of alertness, dizziness, less of sleep and too much sleep can cause chronic heart disease, our cancer cells will activated, you can forget easily, gain weight easily and prone to accident. So take good care of your body and sleep early, milk can help you sleep better.     
Ritsu

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:21:38 AM

Adult need at least 6 hours sleep to keep your mind stable, so 4 hours sleep will make your mind slowly unstable over time
JohnnyLVC (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:28:31 AM

It depends for your age. If you are young you want sleep more but after 50 years people can live with 4-5 hour sleep. I have examples of this. And you should take good care of your health ofcourse otherwise you can't go on with less sleep.

Yes, You are right I also have heard and read on several places that it's highly possible that no effects show at this moment but once we grow old in to 50's the effects start seeing. Although It's an old saying "Man Never Grows Older"  Cool
Yunbalo

Activity: 191

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:08:27 AM

Too little, you should sleep from 7-8 hours a day will make your body healthier.
godz_illa

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:52:31 AM

I think it really depends on the person. I need 7 or 8 hours of sleep, but I also know people who are okay with 3 or 4.
3acaga

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:04:19 AM

If you sleep 4-5 hours a day - this can lead to a violation of the mental and nervous system of your body.
There are several modes of polyphase sleep:
Dymaxion - 4 times for 30 minutes every 6 hours = 2 hours.
Uberman - 6 times for 20 minutes every 4 hours = 2 hours.
Everyman - 1 time at night (1,5-3 hours) and 3 times a day for 20 minutes = 2,5-4 hours.
Biphasic - once a night (5 hours) and 1 times a day (1.5 hours) = 6.5 hours.
P.S. Sleep is your health - do not save on your health ...
gnomas

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:10:56 AM

In my opinion,  it's enough if you do it regular.
pandacrypt

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:07:57 AM

Depends....
I used to have a habit to sleep around 4 hours per day, but I was not that active during my day, so it was enough.
When your activity level is rising, for example, you train at the gym or work more with numbers it effect AND SLOW YOU, but nothing to do with becoming stupid))   
STI_2M

Activity: 253
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:13:11 AM

The average healthy sleep is 6 or 9 hours. But the individual can be statistical outliers. Human biology is diverse as hell.
rosapaul

Activity: 66
Merit: 3

If you smile things will work out ):

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:06:53 AM

4 hours sleep a day is not enough at all! It depends on your activity and environment. If you are living in an environment where you weather is always soothing i.e cold then sleeping for less than 7 hours is okay. But if you are from a place where the weather condition is drastic i.e hot and bumpy then it's always better to have 7 hours of sleep as because we lose much of energy each day!
It's said that plenty of sleep is required for good productivity all throughout the day! If you don't get enough sleep then you will feel tired and  can't concentrate on your works. Less sleep results to crankiness and temperament , so get as much of sleep as you can and you feel is enough for you.!
4p0l4k4y

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Virtual Assistant | Remote Admin Support

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:09:19 PM

I think you have to balance your work and rest my friend. Working for more than 12 hours and sleeping for just 4-5 hours is not good at all.

Ok yes you will surely have lots of money but are you even having a quality time with your family? Worst is you might just spend your money to medical bill if something serious happened to because of not sleeping enough.

Its our responsibility to work hard for our family but our body desserves some care.

I help small and medium business owners increase brand awareness by creating engaging content, customer support, managing email marketing, and implementing automation.
Rimcoin

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:08:21 PM

it depends of persons but it is not enough to sleep 4 hours a days you need to recover energy after and you are not effective
Gaselemeg

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:19:45 PM

I guess not. Even if you feel comfortable changing your regime and resting for 4 hours over time this will change. Because of the accumulated fatigue, you will begin to experience chronic weakness and lose motivation to work.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
GG_nick

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 08:10:48 PM

Yes if you do it once a while but if you this regularly, it may cause a lot of health issues eventually. The body is not designed to work at it's optimal performance with just 4 hours of sleep every day. The body requires a different number of hours of sleep depending on your age and lifestyle. For babies, of course, it is more while adults require less.
Nazarov

Activity: 362
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:04:56 PM

Yes, lack of sleep affects including the brain.It is certainly desirable to find time for sleep, and not to drink coffee instead

Bobby_C_Lebaron

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:52:01 AM

I think the best sleep time is different for some people, some only sleep 4 to 5 hours a day, but usually at the end of the week spend all the time to sleep. if not then the performance and endurance will be reduced. according to menshealth(.)com good sleep time for adults aged 25 to 64 years is 7 to 9 hours a day.
IndigoRed

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:56:43 AM

Scientifically proven that sleeping less than 5 hours a day will affect you in a really bad way. Most likely in like 3 days with 4 hours sleep you will have some galucinations. 7-8 hours of sleep is enough for a normal person. By the way, sleeping more then 10 is damaging your body too, which is kinda funny. 

Correct. We need at least 7 hours to properly rest our bodies and maintain good health. Tough to do though. With work and everything else, there's just no time. It can really take a toll on the body. Couple that with external factors such as air pollution and sometimes, bad eating habits. It's tough to stay healthy and be on top of work at the same time.
CharlesCorley

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:40:40 PM

5 hours can be good but 4 hours regularly can be harmful.
baeva2

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:59:41 PM

I think that for sleep 4 hours very little. The best option is to feel fine - 8 hours.
btcdarkfanboi

Activity: 76

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:15:05 PM

I think so if you do it every single day. But  1-2 days occasionally will be fine for me tho
rohn

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:43:44 AM

I think 6-8 hours of sleep is enough. Study shows that depriving yourself to sleep can cause low-blood and reduce the capability of our brain to function. Our body system will be at stake if you don't meet the required time of sleep. Excessive amount of sleep can also harm our body.
rohn

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:45:40 AM

I think 6-8 hours of sleep is enough. Study shows that depriving yourself to sleep can cause low-blood and reduce the capability of our brain to function. Our body system will be at stake if you don't meet the required time of sleep. Excessive amount of sleep can also harm our body.
CircularLoGic

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 07:26:10 PM

Can't even imagine how people can sleep 5-6 hours a day and stay productive, I need to sleep at least 9 hours to feel good.

Ceasar19

Activity: 142
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:15:16 PM

Generally no but ther is a category of people can keep their mind active with just 4 hours

Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:23:36 PM

I think you need at least 6 hours sleep a day.  Your mind needs adequate rest to recuperate from the daily life.  While some can function perfectly well with 4 hours, most people need at least 6 hours I believe. 
opsmart1

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 12:24:08 AM

NO, because we all are different by ways of resting, 4 hours sleep can keep your mind active due to the various types of health status possess  why 4 hours sleep can make somebody else go for long like 8 hours. Regardless of numbers of hours you sleep or the scientist specific numbers, it is very important for an adults to sleep for at least 6 to 7 hours.
dkaye

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:43:00 AM

Sleeping less will have a huge impact on our brains, says by the experts. Though you seem okay for now with lack of sleep, in the long run, you'll see and feel the effects of having lack of sleep. Lack of sleep may affect your decision making, problem-solving skills, and memory.
Gralph

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:45:01 AM

In as much as the brain needs some time of rest, it is ideal that we need to sleep in other to keep our minds free from too much work which in most causes stress, therefore four hours of sleep has a lot to do with our health.
Btc-Behlool

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:09:18 AM

no, sleeping for 4 hours is too much it least 2 hours in day is enough to keep mind active.....
cryptokingKG

Activity: 254

Bitsler.com

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 07:39:33 AM

The 2010 paper instead suggests that the secret to a long life lies in getting just enough sleep, which ends up being about 6.5 hours per night. ... Sleeping as little as 5 hours per night can be better for you than sleeping 8. Insomnia is better for you, long-term health-wise than taking sleeping pills.

vikki9863

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:25:58 AM

4-5 bours isn't enough for a man.  you need atlest 6-8 hours for fit your body.
xiny

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:18:16 PM

Four hours a day is definitely not enough, even if it is replenished at noon, it will be uncomfortable.
shlong

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:19:23 PM

Four hours is too short, I think it takes at least 6~7 hours.
becklyn06

Activity: 79

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 05:53:41 PM

Beside the mind being active, you need to stay healthy and it is recommended to sleep at least 6 hours everyday.
absenter87

Activity: 289

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:33:47 PM

Every person has different biological clocks, if you feel comfortable all day after four hours of sleep, then everything is in order.
Aselgeko

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:25:20 PM

Yes for me
telefuchan55

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:35:18 PM

Isn't enough me 4 hours a day, I sleep 8 hours...
Promising0017

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:15:10 PM

Is not enough  for me 4 hours, I sleep 10 hours a day.
theoneweek

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:19:21 PM

4 or 5 hours makes you capable but your brain will stay under the great stress and you can get some bad effects
Successmaniac4

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 08:22:44 PM

You will need more hours of sleep like 6-8 hours everyday in order to remain healthy. Sleeping less will affect your brain function.

Booktransform12

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:48:03 PM

4 hours can't keeps my mind active, I sleep 7 hours,
Alomgir47

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 08:55:01 PM

5 hours sleep is not good. You should get at least 9-10 hours of sleep if your a teenager and if you're an adult, you should get at least 7-9 hours sleep. So 5 hours is not enough, try and get to sleep tonight and every other night.
If you're having problems getting to sleep,
make sure you don't go to bed on an empty stomach
turn out the lights
put on an eye mask if you still can't get to sleep
Read a book
Use breathing techniques
Keep a sleeping routine so that you don't wake up at 8:00. If you go to bed at a reasonable time, and wake up at 9:00 and keep this going, you will be able to sleep better without any problems
xdboys1

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:15:45 PM

even you're lack of sleep just eat nutritous foods and your brain will still function.
fishxrboi

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:16:32 AM

If you're working everyday too i think that's not enough sleep
Lesterus

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:35:16 AM

No $ hours of sleep is not enough to keep our minds active. you will be lack of intellect so always have at least 8 hours of sleep every day and always drink water to have fresh mind to think good.
KosMas

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 04:41:05 AM

I think it is not true that some people can be very effective with 4 hours of sleep, I have to sleep at least 7 hours be productive.
Squishy01

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:16:34 PM

I've been sleeping for around 4 hours or less than every day for around 1 year now. I don't really know if it affects my mind as I seem to be doing well, but what it does affect is my body. I have gained a lot of weight and I believe it is because of my constant lack of sleep. Experts attribute weight gain to lack of sleep so if you don't want to get fat, sleep right!  Grin

VilliGano

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 11:24:53 AM

Nikola Tesla slept and less  Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: