Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:37:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: does 4 hours sleep a day can keeps your mind active?  (Read 448 times)
JohnnyLVC (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:16:28 AM

I heard people say that 4 to 5 hours sleep a day is not enough and cannot make your brain function perfectly, and these days I'm having the sleep of about 4 5 hours a day due to work stress so is my brain getting weak?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Frostyz

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 12:18:07 AM

I think its more if you do it regular.
I am used to longer sleep, so for 1-2 days 4-5 hours sleep would be fine, but i could not do that for long. I think i would get then inproductive
JohnnyLVC (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:27:13 AM

I think its more if you do it regular.
I am used to longer sleep, so for 1-2 days 4-5 hours sleep would be fine, but i could not do that for long. I think i would get then inproductive

Yes, getting unproductive scares a lot and because if I'm getting awake for work but if I'm unproductive then it's not worth it.
iamuser007

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:34:11 AM

Scientifically proven that sleeping less than 5 hours a day will affect you in a really bad way. Most likely in like 3 days with 4 hours sleep you will have some galucinations. 7-8 hours of sleep is enough for a normal person. By the way, sleeping more then 10 is damaging your body too, which is kinda funny. 
chensta

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:12:40 AM

4 hours a day will keep you awake and functioning. But you may not function at your maximum capacity. It's not worth it unless it is really necessary.
Untold

Activity: 262
Merit: 181

BitcoinTalk's Premier Design Service @UntoldDesign

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:40:13 AM

I happen to know someone that can only sleep 2-3 hours a day, or he starts to feel ill.

While I love my sleep and would definitely not give it up, he does seem to get a heap done in the spare time and wonder what I would do if I could sleep less.

█▀█▀█████▀███████▀████▀█               BITCOINTALK'S PREMIER DESIGN SERVICE      
▄████         ANN Design   ✔ Logos   ✔ Websites   ✔ Avatars   +More!
█▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄█              Telegram          Discussion    
ololesia

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:17:22 AM

4-5 hours are definitely not enough. Due to chronic lack of sleep, a person's ability to focus and concentrate decreases. It negatively affects our memory. Over time, this leads to a decrease in the quality of life. It becomes more difficult for us to hold a conversation, memorize phrases, solve simple problems.

It is also bad for health. People who suffer from chronic lack of sleep, reduce the number of microorganisms that create a microflora of the intestine. This has a negative effect on metabolism.
Ms. CRYPTO ADVISER

Activity: 166

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:21:13 AM

4-5 hours a day could be enough just dont make it daily routine. If you continue it for a couple of months, you will definitely be sick. Give your self a break from stress and work. Health is wealth mate. Cheers!
diesel_r

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:11:08 AM

I think it is quite subjective. But one think that I noticed is that the older you get, the less sleep you need. So that may be the case for some people.
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:53:36 PM

I heard people say that 4 to 5 hours sleep a day is not enough and cannot make your brain function perfectly, and these days I'm having the sleep of about 4 5 hours a day due to work stress so is my brain getting weak?

It depends for your age. If you are young you want sleep more but after 50 years people can live with 4-5 hour sleep. I have examples of this. And you should take good care of your health ofcourse otherwise you can't go on with less sleep.
WillBe

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:35:13 AM

Not only the weak brain, but the body will also be weak. our bodies are created with some rules, including the rules about when we should rest, when we should eat, and when we should exercise. If we break the rules, it is not impossible that our body and brain are not healthy.
bitbargains

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 12:42:17 AM

Yes. It will keep your mind active however for how long is the question.

Too many nights of 4 hour or even 5 hours sleep, will slowly degrade your physical and mental health. Aside from the obvious fatigue, you will also suffer short term effects like inability to focus properly, being more irritable, memory implications and difficulty maintaining a train of thought.

Long term effects are even more severe, and can range from mental issues like depression and severe paranoia, to physical issues like diabetes, dementia and heart failure.

Ideally you would want to get at least 8 hours of good quality sleep every night. In the worst case scenario, you should at least be getting 7 hours.

It is the cool and trendy thing among many, especially young people nowadays, to brag about how little sleep they can get away with. The truth of the matter is, the people that can get away with just 4 hours of sleep every night are usually "natural short sleepers", meaning they were born with a gene mutation which, by altering their sleep homeostasis, allows them to sleep less but recover as much as a person sleeping for 9-12 hours. People without this gene that are only getting 4 or 5 hours of sleep a day over a prolonged period, will despite their bravado, become inevitably plagued with many of the issues mentioned earlier (depression, loss of brain cells, diabetes, heart failure and so on)

(Read the research here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2884988/)

My recommendation? Go for at least 7 hours of sleep a day if possible. If you don't have enough time to sleep for a continuous 7, then just sleep for as long as you can and make up for the sleep you missed out on, by taking naps throughout the day. Even just two or three quick 30-minute naps every day will go a long way in providing recovery time for your body and brain.
ShitTL

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:48:12 AM

In my opinion, it should not hurt because every day the brain needs at least 6 hours to recover its ability to work, but there are some scientists who sleep only 4 hours a day.
alexagel82

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 01:53:48 AM

It will not because you will feel sleepy all the time and your body will not function at its best compared when you have food sleep
ShitTL

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:59:03 AM

In my opinion, it should not hurt because every day the brain needs at least 6 hours to recover its ability to work, but there are some scientists who sleep only 4 hours a day.
mrphilippine

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:17:59 AM

4-5 hours of sleep is not enough in our body, a adult body requires 7-9 hours of sleep. Lack of sleep can cause darkening of the lower eye, dryness of the skin, lack of alertness, dizziness, less of sleep and too much sleep can cause chronic heart disease, our cancer cells will activated, you can forget easily, gain weight easily and prone to accident. So take good care of your body and sleep early, milk can help you sleep better.     
Ritsu

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:21:38 AM

Adult need at least 6 hours sleep to keep your mind stable, so 4 hours sleep will make your mind slowly unstable over time
JohnnyLVC (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:28:31 AM

It depends for your age. If you are young you want sleep more but after 50 years people can live with 4-5 hour sleep. I have examples of this. And you should take good care of your health ofcourse otherwise you can't go on with less sleep.

Yes, You are right I also have heard and read on several places that it's highly possible that no effects show at this moment but once we grow old in to 50's the effects start seeing. Although It's an old saying "Man Never Grows Older"  Cool
Yunbalo

Activity: 191

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:08:27 AM

Too little, you should sleep from 7-8 hours a day will make your body healthier.
godz_illa

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:52:31 AM

I think it really depends on the person. I need 7 or 8 hours of sleep, but I also know people who are okay with 3 or 4.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: