Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:04:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 3% loss 10% profit -> sell  (Read 2000 times)
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

If I set a 3% loss on my initial investment as a stop loss and a 10% profit as a stop for selling, will that make me trade too often ?
Logic is definetly there however if you used this during the bear market than you would have probably lost almost all of your money to the losses. If you keep on selling with the stop loss than you will not have any money left in your pocket when the bear hits. Losses are real if you only sell it and if you keep your money in that coin than you only have unrealized profits that will happen during the next bull.

I would agree to have this during a bull market when quick selling is more important than finding any coins because all coins go up during bull and having a 10% profit while you sleep is a marvelous feeling however like I said this is not built for bear markets. If a coin drops 3% that does not even mean its on a bear run, all coins drop that much daily but recover same week, I would say making it 5%+ would be smarter.
ghermghuda

Activity: 284
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:37:02 PM

Yeah that's a nice idea but i think your profit is quite high. I know crypto can give you more profit than that in a day but I think if you have enough money, a 3-5% is somehow okay. For your stop loss, it's good and somehow safe.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
Pom_bensin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:47:28 PM

maybe a 10% profit will make you trade frequently, you can continue to increase profits to 20% if you are already a professional trader. and you can make this as a benchmark for your profit.
Karlinz
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 07:42:24 AM

One of my early mistakes in trying to trsde with stop loss, was trying to avoid not losing much eventually lost huge, 3% loss could be applicable for 5mins  to 15 mins charts, where one has to monitor the screen always but may make lower profit. This is usually very tasking and draining. The best however used to ensure a very good entry and a reasonable support and set a stop loss at around 10% and trade long for few hours to some days. Best bet for me. Gives me control of my time and not watching the screen all the time

🌱 KNL Ecosystem 🌱                                                                                                                                         
                     Invest. Trade. Earn                  SECTORS OF TOKENIZATION  | Agriculture, Real estate, Oil industry, Fintech, Other industries   
                                                    /                                                      Telegram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Medium | Btt
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:05:04 AM

If I set a 3% loss on my initial investment as a stop loss and a 10% profit as a stop for selling, will that make me trade too often ?

You can apply daily or short trading, of course, plans and strategies are very important to be able to bring profit, especially in the difficult situation at this time.
I also trade with a lot of altcoins, but basically analysis research looking for all information is the most important thing.
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 10:52:29 AM

not at all. you make at least 4% profit out of it. pretty good for me actually.
thuthanh

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:43:31 PM

I think when you are making 3% loss strategy and 10% profit to sell, you are using in day trading. It is a safe strategy but the market will not be as easy as your guess when the market is going down. Long-term strategy may be better suited to your calculations.
Ayomiqueen
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:44:07 PM

The 3% is too low to set as stop lost and can easily triggered any time why the coin might go up in some seconds, so if you are a day trader then you need to be watching closely you chart and also ready to use stop lost at a long range or never even set it but only wait for your target profit time to hit and move out of the market.

Aivaryamal

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:21:22 PM

The idea is very interesting and attractive, but you will need to really monitor your orders, cryptocurrencies are still quite a volatile tool
techiegirl18

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:32:02 PM

It is so hard to predict the next movement of Bitcoin. Its either another crash or a pump. The price of BTC is in the hands of all Bitcoin holders in the whole world. Its up to you if you trust BTC, Hold it no matter what happened!
manggis97

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 01:14:15 AM

That mean you will do day trading,  that good strategy to make consistently profit because in case in 10 times trade your open potition make profit from 5 trade and others 5 trade touched stop loss, you still make good profit. Do not forget to use stop loss for day trading because this is the most important thing factor that make possible to make monthly profit.

BestSSS

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2019, 02:49:14 PM

You are the stock market to ask this, because the price here walks +/- 10% during the day without a special reason.
I think you're just inexperienced or just came to this market. Because for altcoins to make 10% is not difficult. The question here is another - Will you stick to this theory??
Many people build a goal to trade crypto to stick to a particular strategy everyone does. If you manage to trade so the number of transactions for this is not important!!!

♛New CA$H Exchange (https://newc.com.br)♛
✪An Innovative Cryptocurrency Platform✪
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 08:19:22 AM

I think you will often make buy and sell orders in a short period of time. 3% down and 10% up will be easy to hit especially if bitcoin is your main currency. You must be very active in monitoring price movements in the hope that you will not miss even a small chance of the fluctuations. Btw, that is a nice idea regardless the percentages you put for both sides.

sedahan13

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 02:21:11 AM

That good trading strategy, but we have to make open potition carefully to avoid the price going down to stop loss area before going up.    With high fluctuacion look better to set stop loss 5% and take profit 10% to avoid the price touch the stop loss before the price increase.

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
apityeh71

Activity: 476

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 08:25:14 AM

This risk management  better to use for coin that has lower fluctuation than others, like for BTC,  ETH,  XRP.  But for others altcoin usually has higher fluctuation so we have to put stop loss and take profit higher.  Maybe better use stop loss 5% and take profit  15% for others altcoin.  

Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 11:50:37 AM

I suggest you perform long term trades than short term trading. Long term trading is much better and you can gain higher profits. 3% is fine but can easily be filled. You can stop loss at 10% and sell it at 30%. But well, your strategy is fine. As long as you gain profits. However, it is too risky to perform your style in trading.
r1a2y3m4

Activity: 504
Merit: 127

Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 04:33:28 PM

That kind of activity depends on you. Well, I'm a born risker so whenever I'm trading I never stop until my thinking is that if that is the final stop on the rally the trade I started. It's not so hard to think of that possibility since what I believe is that to be a trader you just need to understand the psychology of the market.

bitzizzix

Activity: 2408
Merit: 448

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 07:11:43 AM

It all depends on how many coins you have and what coins you hold and will be profitable or not, if all of them support why not and it is more suitable for the daily trading system that you must always monitor.
and in my opinion what you do is good and at least you sell it when it rises even though it's a little.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 10:29:56 AM

It is not true that a loss rate of 3% in the cryptocurrency sector is very accurate, because prices in this sector vary considerably. Using '' Stop Loss '' and '' Take Profit '' feature in your transactions will be useful for you and proves that you are a successful and knowledgeable trader. But as I mentioned, a 3% stop loss rate is very low, because many large investors can often easily explode these stop loss orders. I think it would be more useful for you to bring this rate to 7%, but it is entirely up to you to determine this ratio. Finally, I think it's nice to have a profit margin of 10%.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1354

CoinPoker.com

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2019, 10:47:28 AM

It's good a risk management but make sure that you have your analysis in trading, like if your every trade is valid and that 10% profit is possible? It's hard to say that in your every trade, there's sure 10% profits, before you can do that, you should have supporting technical analysis/fundamental analysis. And also, there are also problem in stop loss, some stop losses are not triggered especially when the market does the flash dump and boom, sometimes you get liquidated by this.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: