Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:27:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Next Generation Miners  (Read 10145 times)
Nems

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:26:09 PM

I was going to order a set of 10 of the Prospero X1 and sent in a question in regards to them but have not heard back from them after 4 days.  If that's the attitude they have towards customer's I'll take the wait and see option
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EzCheese

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:38:49 PM

I was going to order a set of 10 of the Prospero X1 and sent in a question in regards to them but have not heard back from them after 4 days.  If that's the attitude they have towards customer's I'll take the wait and see option

Yeah, KNC answered my question in 24 hours with a really good attitude.  I flinched and decided against ordering, silly me.  Then again, putting that money directly into btc would have paid off even more.   c'est la vie. 
dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:16:01 PM

I like how everyone has a crystal ball that can predict the future. If you knew BTC was better than mining equipment then why didn't you buy BTC when it was sub .01 back in 2011? Could have gotten 10k of BTC for the price of a pizza.  Is holding BTC now really that great of an idea? For someone to make double their investment BTC would need to go to $1800.  Funny I heard the same arguments about KNC first generation machines. Never ROI. Well now people are saying I could have made more by holding BTC.  Yes you could have if you didn't get cold feet when BTC went to $60 in July and sold because you thought this was the end for BTC.
CoinGeneral (OP)

Activity: 182

The General

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:50:55 PM

I like how everyone has a crystal ball that can predict the future. If you knew BTC was better than mining equipment then why didn't you buy BTC when it was sub .01 back in 2011? Could have gotten 10k of BTC for the price of a pizza.  Is holding BTC now really that great of an idea? For someone to make double their investment BTC would need to go to $1800.  Funny I heard the same arguments about KNC first generation machines. Never ROI. Well now people are saying I could have made more by holding BTC.  Yes you could have if you didn't get cold feet when BTC went to $60 in July and sold because you thought this was the end for BTC.

True, but at the same time, you have to know that the mining gear manufacturers can make as many machines as they want for their own mining and their own benefit! They want money from us so we can fund their own investments. So basically they will be the ones that dominate the BTC market, and not us hobbyists anymore.....

My prediction 2014. Watch this space.

sameev29

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:04:17 AM

Peercoin(PPC) and Namecoin(NMC) uses SHA-256 hash algorithm just like Bitcoin.Is it possible to use bitcoin mining hardwares to mine PPC and NMC?
CoinGeneral (OP)

The General

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:52:03 AM

Peercoin(PPC) and Namecoin(NMC) uses SHA-256 hash algorithm just like Bitcoin.Is it possible to use bitcoin mining hardwares to mine PPC and NMC?

Of course, any asic miner will work for Sha-256 but not for scrypt

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:54:42 AM

Should be fucking mandatory for bitcoin ASIC companies to show a photo of thier board otherwise not be allowed to advertise for SOMETHING THAT CANNOT BE PROVEN TO EXSIST, AKA VAPOURWARE, AKA FALSE ADVERTISING

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 12:58:15 AM

Should be fucking mandatory for bitcoin ASIC companies to show a photo of thier board otherwise not be allowed to advertise for SOMETHING THAT CANNOT BE PROVEN TO EXSIST, AKA VAPOURWARE, AKA FALSE ADVERTISING

look at your signature...Someone is angry  Smiley

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:03:50 AM

Should be fucking mandatory for bitcoin ASIC companies to show a photo of their board otherwise not be allowed to advertise for SOMETHING THAT CANNOT BE PROVEN TO EXIST, AKA VAPOURWARE, AKA FALSE ADVERTISING

Yes? Maybe no?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Vanderi

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:46:07 AM

What about Coincrafters by Bitmine.ch?

Or are they scaming people?

No.
SwissMiner

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 11:53:07 AM

www.bitmine.ch is selling nextgen 28nm, atleast one more EU company:(

.. bitmine.ch is a EU company Huh
they are located in Switzerland and Switzerland is definitely not a EU member  Wink

.. bitcoin's make the world go around .. world go around .. world go around ..
jimsonunique

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:14:33 PM

are black arrow legit? i wanna put some orders in and 10 x-1s is most affordable option for me right now. but dont want to loase a few thousand $$
CoinGeneral (OP)

The General

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:20:36 PM

are black arrow legit? i wanna put some orders in and 10 x-1s is most affordable option for me right now. but dont want to loase a few thousand $$

No one knows if they're legit or not yet, they're brand new and all of their products are currently pre-order only. We'll see if they are good or not after launch.

ArpFlush

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:47:19 AM

There one thing I don't like: most of the products are pre-order only or will be shipped some time next year  Angry

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
suuyak

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:11:52 AM

Lets start a mining hardware company with a website, pictures and preorders and stuff. Nice return policy in real money - get bitcoins let them sit and return the money in USD after a couple of months since, in all fairness you return the investment people made but take the profit of btc value increase. No harm done but no one happy either :X except the website owner :x

And even if the company is legit and makes what it promises if btc keeps rising like this your 1 btc payment would be 0,5 by the time they deliver.

Personally would like to get my hands on some nice asic miner to toy around with but don't wanna pre order anything.

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:02:14 AM

There one thing I don't like: most of the products are pre-order only or will be shipped some time next year  Angry
Thats uhhhh, Literally Why they are nextgen....

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:25:45 AM

Feels like the troll community is starting to look for a new target now that BFL has almost caught up.
CoinGeneral (OP)

The General

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:31:35 PM

Feels like the troll community is starting to look for a new target now that BFL has almost caught up.

It took them way too long to catch up, and they haven't even caught up yet, lots of people were completely scammed out of their money

Very disatisfying service

nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:35:50 PM

It took them way too long to catch up, and they haven't even caught up yet, lots of people were completely scammed out of their money

Agreed, BFL has been terrible.
HolyTemplar

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:20:46 PM

Just think about the amount of BTC people could have made if they delivered on time!  Roll Eyes

The new 20-28nm chips certainly look tempting.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: