Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:02:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone else wondering just what the hell happened to Altcoin Discussion?  (Read 176 times)
MHopkins (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 45

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:08:47 PM

All the old characters seem to have gone.

There were always 1 line posts, shillers and pumpers but there would be at least a dozen reasoned and vibrant discussions going on in the front page.

It almost makes me nostalgic for the old Monero/Bytecoin/Dash wars days!

The forum is spammed with threads asking dumb ass questions like;
Can the market go down/up - wtf?
I have $10000 to invest in XYShitcoin
Eth or Every fricking coin in existence - kicked up by 100s of shillers with cut and paste ETH nonsense - Choose Eth because it is popular - wtf

Is someone paying these muppets for this shit?
MHopkins (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 45

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:17:23 PM

Off the front page without a single reply.

I can only conclude that this forum is almost entirely driven by bots now. Shame! Sad
modtakels

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:21:30 PM

You know the root of these spams,SIGNATURES this forum was purely discussions last years until these signature campaigns were allowed by Theymos,he knows what is the main problem but he keeps ignoring it.I know a lot of people are going to disagree but the reason why this forum was flooded by spam is because of these signatures which are pushing those participants to flood the forum with their ICO promotional signatures.

If this forum wont have any signatures,the spam will stop 100%

echogomodrill

Activity: 1498
Merit: 133

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:23:50 PM

There were always 1 line posts, shillers and pumpers but there would be at least a dozen reasoned and vibrant discussions going on in the front page.

Eth or Every fricking coin in existence - kicked up by 100s of shillers with cut and paste ETH nonsense - Choose Eth because it is popular - wtf

Probably the majority of those who can thinking  went away to the Discord channels. And here there were only banana-monkeys.
chesatochi

Activity: 812
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 02:28:07 PM

Maybe they should limit the discussion thread of a certain number because people repeat often the same thing. We can see discussion of over 200 and more replies!

JanEmil

Activity: 2310
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 02:36:05 PM

I think the system/forum is good.
But there are so many project competing for our attention.
It will only be worse when advertising is prohibited on all major social media sites.
The good thing are that a lot of money can be made if you put in the hours for research.

Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:45:30 PM

Well to BE TRUE here I was curious because this discussion can be simply ask in questions in beginners help and to see that some discussions/topics are the same and different in the same way of the discussion. But I suggest you go report it and see that it will change and poof go bye bye.
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:47:43 PM

I think the system/forum is good.
But there are so many project competing for our attention.
It will only be worse when advertising is prohibited on all major social media sites.
The good thing are that a lot of money can be made if you put in the hours for research.
This is not a place for the project to compete for investors. This section is supposed to be a place where investors are discussing their alts. Devs and marketing teams that work on decent project understand it but different garbage is still trying to get a promotion here via different shill. Unfortunately this section is accumulating shit extremely fast. It is very hard to find a worthy thread here.

glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:55:46 PM

You know the root of these spams,SIGNATURES this forum was purely discussions last years until these signature campaigns were allowed by Theymos,he knows what is the main problem but he keeps ignoring it.I know a lot of people are going to disagree but the reason why this forum was flooded by spam is because of these signatures which are pushing those participants to flood the forum with their ICO promotional signatures.

It's strange, but many of the spammers do not even have a signature.

Most of them, however seem to have a poor grasp of English.
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:17:17 PM

The spammers are posting meaningless one-liners to increase their post count/activity and thus trying to rank up easily. When their rank is high enough to join signature campaigns they can continue with what they are doing and receive money for it. All actions that were take to prevent this flood of spammers were exploited by them. For example, the merit system doesn't really seem to work.
ArkiCrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:28:36 PM

You have a point but you wear a signature also right? the problem of this is not just the signature but the people itself imagine if all the bounty managers are the same as Yahoo, Lauda, Madz or any manager that reviews each participants well this forum will be clean enough but all of them can be find in the services section where in the signature or other programs are paying Bitcoin, so probably the main root is the Bounties(altcoins) section where you can find the shitcoins bounty program where they accept all participants no matter if they're constructive poster or shit poster.

Well it's just all according to my observation, I didn't say that it comes exactly from the bounties section but to the person itself. Actually there are some purpose why people are posting:

1. For money
2. To participate and Learn
3. Both

But right now I've noticed that most of the people here are posting just to complete their tasks and not really to participate to the discussions.
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:37:12 PM

To be honest i have not seen many spam posts, yes there have been useless or meaningless posts that are aimed at personal investments or likings but i think that are part and parcel of this forum and specifically this category or part of forum is for altcoins discussion so we can not declare any post spam unless it is just some un relevant bombardment of links.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:43:29 PM

Signature have nothing to do with it. Campaign managers are strict and if a post is non sense and just pure garbage, they are not going to be paid or post will not be counted. Its those who want's to pad their post count to rank up but since the admins introduced the merit system, its harder nowadays to rank up.
radokan

Activity: 291
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:56:37 PM

It is because all these ICO's and newcomers don't understand difference between altcoin and erc20 tokens, most of them think that erc20 is altcoin so discussion is mainly about that, and as there are hundreds ICO's and bounties running everyone is asking questions about their ICO and bounty.

Another thing is merit. They all need merit to rank up and get more money, as they can't write anything constructive they are tied up to junior member rank and because of that they can't earn much so they are creating dozens accounts to catch as many tokens they can.
Don't expect any kind of discussion or disagreement in discussion with them, they will either agree with you and say I agree and repeat whatever you said or if they don't agree they won't post anything at all.
platinov_and

Activity: 364
Merit: 110

SPOKKZ

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:59:20 PM

So now on the forum there is a lot of tireless topics that are written by bots and this is really true. There were a lot of good topics once there were a lot of interesting discussions and it was courageous to have a conversation with very interesting people. The administrators now have a lot of work and they need to remove all these absurd topics.

────────  SPOKKZ  ────────  
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── Join Pre-Sale
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1278

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 05:57:32 PM

Bitcoin Discussion and Altcoin Discussion are dead and spammed to the core because of these signatures. These spamming idiots never participate in campaigns organised by ALU, yahoo or any other good managers. They fear to participate as they would be tagged red for spamming with their signatures. Some suggestions for improving the forum

1. Never allow Newbies,Jr,Members to start a new topic.

2. Auto-lock topics if they reach more than 500 replies to prevent spams.

3. Report the post as when anyone see them.

4. If you spend a decent time, use the patrol feature present in this forum.

Never force yourself to reply to a topic for completing signature task.
If these are taken into consideration, the forum can be saved in the near future. This forum is going in a wrong way, it needs to be saved soon.
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:06:48 PM

If you think the signature is the root of these spams, why you are still wearing signature on your BTT account ?
and if you want this forum wont to have a signature just create new threads on Meta and tell everyone (especially Forum admin) to disable signature on this forum...
Robin,Hood

Activity: 462
Merit: 62

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:18:35 PM

Off the front page without a single reply.

I can only conclude that this forum is almost entirely driven by bots now. Shame! Sad
Yes, you can see it on replies. Either no reply or completely out of context.  Some paid shills or just bots at work. Endless this vs that garbage threads.

Any Bitcoin address not starting with 1 is fraud and scam Full (20 coins) Cryptomarket History
cryptoheroin

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:25:33 PM

If you think the signature is the root of these spams, why you are still wearing signature on your BTT account ?
and if you want this forum wont to have a signature just create new threads on Meta and tell everyone (especially Forum admin) to disable signature on this forum...

He just expressed his thoughts,i  believe it too if these signatures werent existing the spams here wont be like this.He didnt say he doesnt want to participate these signatures he just want to point it out to the owner of thi forum.Imaging if theres no signature campaigns here,the discussion board would e pure discussions,

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((     BIDIUM     )))           Pre-ICO Active | Join NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |       TWITTER       |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:40:35 PM

It would be nice if some bounty campaign manager who cracked down on shitposters ended up becoming really successful and taking on all the big paying contracts - then people would be more careful and shit posters would just get the scraps. 

I have been seeing bots lately which are not getting taken down though - those are easy fixes and it would be nice for the forum admin to start cracking down. I am seeing a lot of bots with 30 or 40 accounts posting in the same thread pretty much the same thing and no crack down just yet, just trust dinging.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀