Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:50:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC to receive bounty rewards.  (Read 754 times)
kamike

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:20:58 PM

Doing KYC verification is removing the essence of decentralized in the cryptocurrency. I can not able to understand why they need a KYC for a bounty or airdrop. Well, some of ICO required a KYC verification for security purpose. But Personally, It is a sign of inapplicable the team about security.
But for as long as we wanted to have our privacy or to keep our identity if the law requires then there is nothing we cannot do about it, since some government really making intrusive with this kind of thing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rackam

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 05:21:45 PM

I think it is definetely bad idea to require KYC for bounty hunters.
But on the other hand, how else do you avoid multi account?

JCLee

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:23:34 PM

It's easy to know Smiley You need to do KYC to be able to receive token from bounty campaign cause these bounty campaigns are not for people in some countries like US. For example, Shivom bounty campaign, which I'm being in, also need KYC cause US bounty hunters are not allowed to take part in.

izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:24:17 PM

I think it is definetely bad idea to require KYC for bounty hunters.
But on the other hand, maybe this to prevent multi account ?

At the first, any bitcoin project doesn't require KYC except they are exchange and you want to withdraw massive amount of money.
But we can't blame the project  because many people doing dirty trick in order to gain the bounty so KYC may the solution !

Smiley
kuyaJ

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:28:49 PM

Doing KYC verification is removing the essence of decentralized in the cryptocurrency. I can not able to understand why they need a KYC for a bounty or airdrop. Well, some of ICO required a KYC verification for security purpose. But Personally, It is a sign of inapplicable the team about security.

Yeah! What's the purpose of that when you are at the bounty programs, right? what they need about you and what they gonna do about your identity.  Actually, it is not good for our safeness because your identity will depends on what happen when they do anything.

I think it is good when they do it for the investor only but there are some campaign that need that kind of requirements.
kenelmark

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:41:39 PM

this is ironic.
KYC is needed by Bounties handlers to prevent cheating (i.e. multiple accounts in a bounty program) etc. but it also has potency that private data to be used for cheating/fraud actions.
the main purposes of bounties programs are that participants work to promote projects. even in cheat ways, the projects are still promoted. but applying KYC is potentially a dangerous thing. KYC owners may be potentially criminal victims.

Stop KYC application !!
reypinioco

Activity: 182
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:56:48 PM

1. They don't Invest in the project.
2. There's no need to ask for the credibility of the user for promoting their project.

Well you right bounty hunter sshouldnt be asked by these verifications because its like a payment for the efforts of those hunters who promoted the ICO from the start,without these resources there will be no exception these ICOs are going to have less investors from these ICOs because theres  alot of people that doesnt want to risk.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((     BIDIUM     )))           Pre-ICO Active | Join NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |       TWITTER       |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
Rabeya

Activity: 222

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:04:21 PM

I personally like kYC because there are a lot of scammers at present now in bounty. But KYC process should be flexible. Most of the people have National Identity Card (ID card) but majority people don't have Passport/driving license. So in KYC process, there should be alternative like NID/Driving License/ Passport.
gazilla

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:15:45 PM

In terms of bounty doing Know Your Customer or KYC is something i dislike, and I do not remember doing it ever, but I have seen them have it. My opinion is that if they inform you beforehand, then you know what you are getting into, but if they do it at the end, that's fucked up.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:17:45 PM

More and more bounty campaigns request to pass KYC after the campaign is over. Some bounty managers warn about it in advance, but in most cases you learn about it when your work is done. So they just don't leave you any choice if you don't pass the KYC than you worked for free.

Thats true and I think it is unfair to us participants. KYC is done by a reputable institution is fine, but  sending it to unknown person or  company is another story. Yes we know that they are curbing the cheaters but to the expense of our sensitive data.

Open for Campaigns
Doych

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:21:45 PM

I agree that KYC is necessary for companies! Firstly, from scammers and just do not make multi-accounts!
jooj

Activity: 650
Merit: 350

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 06:27:35 PM

I had participant with SYNCFAB they did not mention this condition from the beginning after the end of the campaign now they want us to provide them with personal data. They are definitely joking. I do not know them at all and have no intention of dealing with their platform. It is clear that it is a clear attempt to scam on the participants in the campaign. They joke very loud joke.

I wondering is any traders on any exchange have to provide KYC for trade their token or any other scarcity tokens, I'm sure that does not happen forever.

for those who likes to get risk by provide their identity for scammers, just for few bucks go ahead it's good for you guys.

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███                          ███
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███
████████████████████████████████

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
Manyak8888

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:30:39 PM

I don't pass KYC, because I think they will can sell or steal my documents, if my reward more 100$, I will think about pass KYC and I need to study the command in detail
DarkTaiga

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:46:57 PM

I don't like KYC in bounty. But I have to admit that the good bounty always require KYC. It's sad. KYC makes the purpose of cryptocurrency become meaningless (no anonymous). We requires the security in Blockchain, cryptocurrencies, but we easily "give" KYC to ICO. ICO should find a way to avoid cheater, whale. KYC is not good way.
How do I know they do not use my information on something else?
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 11:04:39 PM

I see many airdrops today that require KYC, meaning your ID for 2$?? Seriously, like I am going to give away my personal info for 2$. I would be crazy if I would do that. As far as the bounties are concerned I always check their Telegram groups if someone has been asking about KYC before and if the answer is that this is required, then I just pass the project. There are a lot of projects out there, I don't have to join the KYC ones. But if this would be a good project that would pay a substantial reward at the end of the bounty campaign, then I would consider doing KYC. But the reward would have to be at least 5 figures. Since you can't really know what the reward will be, well... Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
dalesotpi

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:14:41 PM

I don't like KYC in bounty. But I have to admit that the good bounty always require KYC. It's sad. KYC makes the purpose of cryptocurrency become meaningless (no anonymous). We requires the security in Blockchain, cryptocurrencies, but we easily "give" KYC to ICO. ICO should find a way to avoid cheater, whale. KYC is not good way.
How do I know they do not use my information on something else?

I don’t agree that all ICOs that require KYC is automatically a good project or bounty. There is just no relationship to them. And doing KYC to bounty hunters defeats the purpose of being a decentralized platform.
Should ICOs require kyc to give out bounties, they should make it clear in the rules
jeungo

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:15:17 PM

I think that sooner or later it will be so, because there are a very large number of people on the forum who have many accounts, and the informational part of the messages is often zero. Therefore, I can imagine the time when for participation in a very good bounty, it will be necessary to undergo a certain system of verification, or interviews.
missmaria

Activity: 137
Merit: 12

Semux

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:17:19 PM

I don't see something suspicious in that fact; but I personally do my best to participate only in trusted bounties.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
parkraol

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:00:36 AM

It's not really fair passing KYC to bounty campaign that they can know where you are from from your btc profile or in local discussion. I'm not really in favor of KYC, if it's possible for those investors. If they want to know where the bounty reward goes this is my suggestion I would take a pictures and show where I spend my money with my btc name.
ashao1015

Activity: 529
Merit: 251

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 12:14:33 AM
Merited by BenjaminFranklingwould (1)

I don't like it as a most of us. But we need to see the whole picture before making some loud statements. We need regulation for ICOs. And most ICOs are securities. Yes, they trying to avoid this but most regulators think about it like securities. And we have to face it, deal with it. ICOs are risky, a lot of scam etc. With KYC we will have more fair distribution as well as more chances to have more institutional money inside. Which would be pretty good for the whole future crypto economy.

███████████████████████████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████